Author Topic: MIB vs Jacob  (Read 5318 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
MIB vs Jacob
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:31:15 PM »
Well, I figured I had to continue the saga.

So within the first half an hour MIB states he needs to get the candidates off the island!  Oh and so glad to know KATE didn't make it.
So he appears to hit Sun hmmm good guy prevails.   ;) ;D :P ::)

Well, let us see what he is up to in the next half an hour

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: MIB vs Jacob
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:18:48 PM »
Well, I figured I had to continue the saga.

So within the first half an hour MIB states he needs to get the candidates off the island!  Oh and so glad to know KATE didn't make it.
So he appears to hit Sun hmmm good guy prevails.   ;) ;D :P ::)

Well, let us see what he is up to in the next half an hour

I thought Sun hit her head on the tree she ran into when she was running from Flocke?

Offline Schmokey

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 11:20:54 PM »

Interesting though.. Flocke says Kate wasn't listed anymore.  Had she been at one time?

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »

Interesting though.. Flocke says Kate wasn't listed anymore.  Had she been at one time?
yes, Kate was on the list, and probably still is. Flocke is a liar.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »

yes, Kate was on the list, and probably still is. Flocke is a liar.
I don't think Kate was on the list

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 12:42:30 AM »
I'm not sure if the official podcast is a spoiler or not, but apparently there's a reason why MIB thinks Kate is not on the list.

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 01:08:05 AM »
Well, Locke said he needs them all to leave the island with him. Of course, he also might be gathering them all together to just up and kill them.

Offline ktwolf

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 01:21:39 AM »
Well, Locke said he needs them all to leave the island with him. Of course, he also might be gathering them all together to just up and kill them.
I don't think he CAN kill the candidates... that would be against the rules.  He'll have to manipulate someone else into killing them.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 02:23:18 AM »
Austen was not crossed out at the lighthouse. That's all we know.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 02:35:12 AM »
I know some people don't want to hear stuff from the podcast on here, so stop reading now if that describes you.

Damon & Carlton pointed out that while Kate's name may have been crossed out in the cave, it was definitely NOT crossed out in the lighthouse.  And they talked about how such a difference may have been intentional -- probably not a production error.  Or at least, that's what I took from listening to it.  They're always so cagey, it's tough to draw any conclusions second-hand.  I thought they implied that Jacob could be trying to manipulate Smokey into thinking Kate wasn't on the list, when in reality she still was.  Which would fit with what Locke was saying in tonight's episode.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 02:45:28 AM »
I don't think he CAN kill the candidates... that would be against the rules.  He'll have to manipulate someone else into killing them.

I havn't been a big fan of the theory, but Locke explaining how he needed to leave with all the candidates kinda of gives some more weight to the "MIB and Jacob are 2 sides of the same soul" theory. It would make sense that if they are the same soul, then 1 could not go very far without the other. And with Jacob being dead, in a Dalai Lama kind of way his soul would go to the next candidate, so simply leaving with all of them would fit that theory.

However, I still believe it's more like what PMMJ and ktwolf said. From MIB's conversation at the end of last week, he is probably gathering them up to have them killed. Then again, he seemed to express to Claire that he really did need the candidates on the plane, becaue once they were, she would be free to knock off Kate.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
I'm glad they sort of addressed the fact that Kate's name wasn't crossed off in the Lighthouse. MIB's not the only trickster on the island apparently.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »
Flocke is the one crossing off names in the cave.  HE has been lead to believe that she is no longer to be considered a candidate.  The fact that her name has not been crossed of at the lighthouse means Jacob still considers her a candidate.  On this one, my money is on Jacob.

The interesting side note here is that this would mean that MIB/Flocke hasn't checked recently on whose name is crossed off at the lighthouse.  Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't know about the lighthouse.  This seems far fetched, as you would think he knows everything about the island.  Could it be that the lighthouse is cloaked in some matter, so that only those that Jacob wants to be able to see it can see it?  Our losties were surprized to see it.  I interpreted their response to mean they thought they had been by that spot before and had never seen the lighthouse.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
I've always thought the Cave was Flocke's list and the Lighthouse was Jacobs.  The names may be close, but I don't think they are exactly alike.

I'm thinking he needs to get ALL the candidates off the island so that no one can replace Jacob.  If someone does then he's screwed.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
When Claire asked if her name was on the wall and he told her no...I don't think he was lying-perhaps Littleton meant Aaron