Author Topic: I don't feel anything  (Read 3610 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: I don't feel anything
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »
I heard someone else's theory on this today and I'll let you all in on it here:
Sayid feels nothing.
Desmond is drugged so deeply, that he, too, feels nothing.
Sayid and Desmond had a long look, face to face with each other.  Much like looking into a mirror at yourself. :o
Could Desmond be in Sayid???   :-\ ???
Think on that for a bit.

Please tell me this was in the crackpot theory of the day thread!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
Has anyone ever read the Wheel of Time series?  There are assassins in the books called "Grey Men" and here is a handy description:
Gray Men, also known as Soulless[1], are men (and women, though allegedly rarely) who have given their souls to the Dark One. After this process, they become almost completely unnoticeable. While the Gray Men are not invisible in the literal sense, they are used primarily as assassins because of their ability to pass completely unnoticed, even by alert eyes

Really reminds me of how Sayid is... able to pass unnoticed, doing MIB's bidding. 

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
Has anyone ever read the Wheel of Time series?  There are assassins in the books called "Grey Men" and here is a handy description:
Gray Men, also known as Soulless[1], are men (and women, though allegedly rarely) who have given their souls to the Dark One. After this process, they become almost completely unnoticeable. While the Gray Men are not invisible in the literal sense, they are used primarily as assassins because of their ability to pass completely unnoticed, even by alert eyes

Really reminds me of how Sayid is... able to pass unnoticed, doing MIB's bidding. 

Okay. That short description really piqued my curiosity.  I am definitely checking out these books!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »

Sounds like good reading and reminds me of some Stephen King characters that could make themselves 'dim', but I don't think this describes Sayid.  Sure, he was able to sneak up on a sub by swimming through the dark water, at night, but I don't think he would have gone unnoticed had he approached in the daytime.   Soulless, yes; 'dim', I'm not so sure.