14 (37.8%)
Michael Emerson
8 (21.6%)
Nestor Carbonell
14 (37.8%)
Dude - Jorge
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Does Nestor Carbonel enter the LOST Emmy race with this episode?  (Read 1636 times)

Offline infrared41

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Does Nestor Carbonel enter the LOST Emmy race with this episode?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 01:04:07 PM »
I'm no Emmys expert so I may be wrong here but...don't the Emmys have a "best actor in a guest starring role?" Couldn't Nestor Carbonell be considered a "guest star" since he isn't exactly one of the regular cast? I don't pay attention to the opening credits so I have no idea if he's part of the regular cast or not.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 01:07:46 PM »
I'm no Emmys expert so I may be wrong here but...don't the Emmys have a "best actor in a guest starring role?" Couldn't Nestor Carbonell be considered a "guest star" since he isn't exactly one of the regular cast? I don't pay attention to the opening credits so I have no idea if he's part of the regular cast or not.
I think, for this season, his name is on the main cast list, so he'd be out of the running for a guest star.

But, I think that if he has more episodes like this, which is doubtful, he could take it. Terry and Michael are both amazing, I'd vote for Michael between the two of them, but I'd be a bad internet-wife if I didn't stand by Mr Alpert.  ::) His backstory is amazing, and he had the acting chops to pull it off, but I don't think we'll have the privilege of a repeat performance, based on all the other loose ends that need tying up.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »
I respectfully disagree. I think that Nestor Carbonel is a terrific actor, but I doubt that he's Emmy worthy. He is very rarely given any real lines or screen time. One Richard-centric episode isn't good enough.

I think that Josh Holloway is having a terrific, and decidedly underrated, year. As far as who the Emmy front-runner is on this show I think that Terry O'Quinn still holds the spot. His ability to play an entirely different character and still own it is impressive.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »
I respectfully disagree. I think that Nestor Carbonel is a terrific actor, but I doubt that he's Emmy worthy. He is very rarely given any real lines or screen time. One Richard-centric episode isn't good enough.

I think that Josh Holloway is having a terrific, and decidedly underrated, year. As far as who the Emmy front-runner is on this show I think that Terry O'Quinn still holds the spot. His ability to play an entirely different character and still own it is impressive.

Yeah, I already voted for Terry, and that was before I was reminded that the EMMY would be for this year only, so I'll double that vote!  Michael has been great throughout the show but his character this season hasn't allowed for his best work, except of course for that scene with Ilana which was great acting.  Terry, who has also been good all along, has really come through this year getting to play two different characters from so many different angles and he has done them all so well.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »
I definitely agree - Nestor was unbelievable in the episode but I still say hands down.. Michael's whole scene with Ilana is the stuff Emmys are made of

They all deserve it.  Michael, Terry, and Nestor.
i agree.  although i prefer the shady, manipulative ben much more than the wussy ben we see now.
He's kind of had the stuffing taken out of him, hasn't he.  Almost makes me sad . . . until I remember how much I hate him!!!
I bet Ben is going to regain his mojo before all is said and done.  Right now he's hit bottom and is slowly creeping back up.