Author Topic: What did Hurley say?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What did Hurley say?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 03:25:47 PM »
are you serious?? he enver met dave because dave never existed... he was a figment of his imagination... unless he was a dead person... but when has a dead person he's talked with hid their identity as being dead?
really?  yes, I was serious.  i thought dave was a figment of hurley's imagination until we found out hurley really could see dead people.  then i just began to assume that dave was someone who at some point was living, rather than an imaginary friend.  i wonder if i'm alone in my thinking?

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: What did Hurley say?
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »
I would like to help him, but I do not know how to find him.

I believe that was it.

Thanks.  If that's it, the Isabella theory still holds.  But it raises another question.  When has Hurley spoken to a dead person that he did not know when they were alive?  Or to a person dead over 150 years?  Miles, yes.  Hurley never.  Maybe Hurley's not simply the laid back chilled out dude we love and believed him to be.  Could this be a sign he will be the candidate who is special enough to replace Jacob?
he spoke to jacob and didn't know him when he was alive (well, except for the brief meeting in the cab, but he didn't really KNOW him).

OK, then let me rephrase what I wrote.  Hurley never spoke to a dead person unless he had met them when they were alive.  Either way, he certainly never had any contact with the long-dead Isabella.  She still stands out as unique.
i don't think he met dave before.

are you serious?? he enver met dave because dave never existed... he was a figment of his imagination... unless he was a dead person... but when has a dead person he's talked with hid their identity as being dead?

This was my thought.  All the dead people have admitted that they are dead and had no problem telling Hurley that.  Dave never did that so it's hard to say if he was really dead or imagined.  Unless it was just too early in the show and they didn't want us to know yet that Hurley could see dead people.