Author Topic: The devil betrayed me. He took my body  (Read 20702 times)

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
The devil betrayed me. He took my body
« on: March 24, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »
MIB said this line to Richard talking about Jacob. He's probably lying, but what if he is not? What does that mean? MIB keeps insisting that he was a man, that he had a life, friends, a crazy mother, and now that Jacob took his body. We know he can change bodies. He was in MIB's body, now he is in Locke's body. But did he have an original body and did Jacob disposess him? Is it like when God banished Lucifer to Hell?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: The devil betrayed me. He took my body
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:53:46 AM »
MIB said this line to Richard talking about Jacob. He's probably lying, but what if he is not? What does that mean? MIB keeps insisting that he was a man, that he had a life, friends, a crazy mother, and now that Jacob took his body. We know he can change bodies. He was in MIB's body, now he is in Locke's body. But did he have an original body and did Jacob disposess him? Is it like when God banished Lucifer to Hell?

I don't know if he was lying.  I think tptb were dropping a clue for us. MIB has a backstory and I hope we get it soon. It will probably be the finale.

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 01:26:24 AM »
I still content that Jacob and the Man in Black are the same person/being/whatever. The MiB is the bad trying to get out and wreck things up, but the Jacob side keeps that part of him trapped.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 03:19:07 AM »

I don't know if he was lying.  I think tptb were dropping a clue for us. MIB has a backstory and I hope we get it soon. It will probably be the finale.

There is a reason why we have not been told his name yet. He does have a backstory, and his name seems it will be important to that.

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 06:36:43 AM »
This line's been bothering me, too.  At first I thought maybe Jacob had taken MIB's body and then MIB had to wait for someone to die to get another body.  Not sure what I think now.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 07:21:09 AM »
Ok, what if on this show there is a literal capital-D Devil and a real place called Hell...and neither Jacob nor MIB is the devil? Maybe we haven't met him/her/it, yet. Maybe it is like Jacob told Richard: Hell, malevolence, evil IS behind the island-cork and MIB wants it open so he can get at the real thing that stole his body and his humanity?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:32:42 AM »
I always thought of this picture when MIB says somthing about being a man and loosing his body. Could this be a dipiction of MIB becomming Smokey? Jacob lives in an Egyptian statue making curtains, Hyroglyphs are all over the island. Except for the brief Dharma visit, it seems that no other inhabitants were there long enough to make permanate shelters. I am guessing that once MIB became Smokey did he then start killing off residents, keeping new structures from being erected.

Offline Bradislost09

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:52 AM »
Ok, what if on this show there is a literal capital-D Devil and a real place called Hell...and neither Jacob nor MIB is the devil? Maybe we haven't met him/her/it, yet. Maybe it is like Jacob told Richard: Hell, malevolence, evil IS behind the island-cork and MIB wants it open so he can get at the real thing that stole his body and his humanity?

Christian?

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »
I always thought of this picture when MIB says somthing about being a man and loosing his body. Could this be a dipiction of MIB becomming Smokey? Jacob lives in an Egyptian statue making curtains, Hyroglyphs are all over the island. Except for the brief Dharma visit, it seems that no other inhabitants were there long enough to make permanate shelters. I am guessing that once MIB became Smokey did he then start killing off residents, keeping new structures from being erected.

Besides Othersville, there was also the Temple - definitely a settlement and one that took a large workforce to errect.

Do you think that it might have pre-dated MiB being imprisonned on the Island?  What about the Statue?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »

Besides Othersville, there was also the Temple - definitely a settlement and one that took a large workforce to errect.

Do you think that it might have pre-dated MiB being imprisonned on the Island?  What about the Statue?

I was saying that the temple and statue which are Egyptian-ish came before MiB lost his body. Dharma-ville had a sonic fence for protection. Other then these 2 settlements I can't think of any other structures that could have been erected inbetween, this is why I think MiB lost his body after the statue was completed.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »
I was not quite sure how I was leaning on the MIB until last night's episode. I deffinitely believe now that MIB is totally evil, and that nothing he says can be trusted. A rule I try to live by is that if I'm ever imprisoned against my will, and someone comes along to save me, and the first thing they want from me is to make a deal to do whatever they ask, they usually can't be trusted...that, and Never trust a guy in a tunic, but I digress.

I mean, I wouldn't trust a guy that said that to me anyway, regardless of whether or not I was handcuffed to a boat.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 11:58:38 AM »
If Jacob did take MIB's original body than where did he get the MIB body that he's using?  Did he take it from someone else that died?  If so, how is this different than when he took Locke's body since Ilana said he's stuck with that body now?

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »
If Jacob did take MIB's original body than where did he get the MIB body that he's using?  Did he take it from someone else that died?  If so, how is this different than when he took Locke's body since Ilana said he's stuck with that body now?
I've been wondering that myself.
First I thought maybe MIB had M. Hanso's body (even though the MIB soul has been around longer)- but I still think the ship we saw during the beach scene could be the Black Rock, after the convo Jacob causes the big storm. No, wait...the statue was just a foot when they are talking on the beach and see that ship, right?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:53 PM »
I've been wondering that myself.
First I thought maybe MIB had M. Hanso's body (even though the MIB soul has been around longer)- but I still think the ship we saw during the beach scene could be the Black Rock, after the convo Jacob causes the big storm. No, wait...the statue was just a foot when they are talking on the beach and see that ship, right?
No the statue was definitely still there in that scene.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »

He's stuck in Locke's body now because Jacob is dead.