Poll

Rate "Ab Aeterno" and give your opinion of the episode.

13 (48.1%)
7 (25.9%)
3 (11.1%)
2 (7.4%)
1 (3.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.7%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Episode 6x09 Rating  (Read 6162 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Episode 6x09 Rating
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:27:59 PM »
Give us your rating and tell us what you thought of the episode.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x09 Rating
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »
10 x 10 x 100 x 1000 x 10,000

How many tens is that?  Not enough.  This episode was truly an epic - and a very touchingly shockingly personal one at that.  Hurley getting to Richard before UnLocke did very well might be the turning point for the end.  Richard was truly saved.  Now he can do some saving.  Perfection.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 12:13:59 AM »
Going to watch it again before I officially vote, but I am leaning towards an 8.
Loved the answers, first 40 minutes were very slow, great last 25 mintues.

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »
This episode earns my first 10 ever!  My head is spinning!  We are getting answers and more questions....it was Fabulous to get an entire Richard episode- he is truly a pivitol part of the island---but we already knew this, but we are figuring out his pieces of the puzzle!

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:16:15 AM »
10 x 10 x 100 x 1000 x 10,000

How many tens is that?  Not enough.  This episode was truly an epic - and a very touchingly shockingly personal one at that.  Hurley getting to Richard before UnLocke did very well might be the turning point for the end.  Richard was truly saved.  Now he can do some saving.  Perfection.

Ditto

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 12:19:18 AM »
I gave this episode a 9.
I would have given it a 10, but it just didn't set right with me. Jacob seems not to be what he seems.
The acting was great from Nestor's giggle to the scene where Hugo tells him his wife is there.
Answers? More than I thought, and huge ones.

I just felt like Jacob is doing a long con on us after he laid the smack down on Richard. He had an evil grin on his face.
This is one of those episodes that changed Lost. I will need to see what the finale is like, and I might change this to a 10.
The Ben line about this is going to be interesting when Jack was about to be told that MIB is now in Locke's body, was awesome.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:30:26 AM by razzle-dazzle »

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 12:33:10 AM »
10.  one of my few 10's ever.  loved this episode.  answers, answers, answers.  finally.  i'm with lakie, epic episode. 

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »
I gave it a 10 because I love Richard - haha!

Actually, I thought parts were slow, but we got some answers and the last half of the show was great - so I gave it a 10.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 01:42:15 PM »
I gave it a 10 because we got answers but no new questions!  ;D Plus it was about Richard.....

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 01:44:32 PM »
10... but are we really surprised? I'm Mrs-freaking-Alpert.

Besides the fact that this episode was jam-packed with Richard, it gave answers while still confusing us, we got to see three mysterious characters at the beginning of their relationship, and Richard's backstory with his wife was heartbreaking and romantic. We see that Hurley is necessary to the Big Plan, since he's the only one who sees the dead and speaks Spanish, and therefore he's the only one who can bring Richard back from the Dark Side.

Sure, parts were melodramatic (Locke looking from Hurley and Richard to the camera? Cheesy but creepy), but Richard's despair balanced it out and carried the show. Seeing him as the only survivor, chained to the ship, watching boars eat his fellow prisoners, just out of reach of fresh water... that's hell. That whole scene is described in classic literature as some of the things you can look forward to in hell.

I like that we see ruins we hadn't seen before, and that MiB is so freaking manipulative.

There's so much more, but my mind is racing. The parts that were slow were still beautiful, between the language and the cinematography and the overall story. At one point I asked Adam, How did they get all these fantastic old props?!?! ... I think they've been paying more attention to the cinematography this season, how the shots are framed and the colors, etc., because every episode looks like so much care was taken to make it look perfect, even if the lines or answers we get isn't quite.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »
I gave it a 10 because it was about Richard. But more than that it sets the stage for which direction TPTB are going on the whole spiritual level of good versus evil. See my posting under Ladybug's biblical references. TPTB are taking from little known biblical books of Thomas, Phillip and even we may see references to Judas writings. Gnostic teachings are being brought into the plot and theme between MIB and Jacob.

Two clues: Sawyer "God has nothing to do with this"
Ben "God can not see this island"

Our basic Christian teachings in the new testament are going to be brought into question if TPTB go with these older scriptures.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »
I gave it an 8, probably a 7 for the first half and 9 for the second. While I enjoyed Richard's back story, it felt a little sluggish until his encounters with MIB and Jacob.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 03:08:09 AM »
I gave it a 9.  I don't think that I could give it a 10 with so few of the other characters involved.  I kind of enjoyed that I felt like I was watching a Spanish period movie towards the beginning, with a tragic romance.  I also like that "Satan" is referred to as "the man in black."

It was interesting and different.  And very serious.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »
I gave it a 10. Yeah, it deserved it. The only thing that slightly held me back was that it didn't feel like Lost through most of the episode... if not throughout the whole thing. However, that might be one of the things I really liked about it. Gonna rewatch and give complete details on the Official SWLS Podcast. Check it out at thecoconuttelegraph.podbean.com or by clicking the Podcast link at the top of the page.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 04:49:07 PM »
Thank you to JB for calculating that I rated this episode 100 trillion.

Ok, maybe I overshot a bit.