Author Topic: met expectations  (Read 3791 times)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
met expectations
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:08:12 PM »
great episode

even though I missed the first 10 minutes :(

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: met expectations
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »
I'm a little overwhelmed with information... holy camoley Team Darlton!  Way to go!

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »
I think this was the turning point in Lost.
We got huge answers - What the island is. What Jacob's mission is. Why doesn't Richard age. Why MIB wanted to kill Jacob. How the Blackrock got in the jungle.
How the statue was broken. Where Richard came from. etc.

Offline bluesmanjay

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »
Wow...It was as good as I thought it could have been. Tons of answers!!!! That's always a plus!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:21:02 PM »
I dare someone to post a "I hated this episode" thread. You'll probably start a riot.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »
Loved all of the answers but the first 40 minutes were very slow, so very slow.

Loved the answers, could of been delivered better.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:22:40 PM »
Awesome episode! We know when the Black Rock sank...where Richard came from. The island is not hell' which we knew. My wife said it's the Garden of Eden. Which means the island is a testing ground for a chosen few....so what happens when those few that pass leave?

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
Awesome episode! We know when the Black Rock sank...where Richard came from. The island is not hell' which we knew. My wife said it's the Garden of Eden. Which means the island is a testing ground for a chosen few....so what happens when those few that pass leave?
That goes along with part of Jacob's explanation - and the old notion that salvation only comes from faith and independently making the right choice. 

Offline bluesmanjay

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
My wife said it's the Garden of Eden. Which means the island is a testing ground for a chosen few....so what happens when those few that pass leave?

Pretty good. I like it.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 12:00:09 AM »

NO!!!!!!!!!  Please, tell me there is sarcasm in your post.  I thought it was incredible.  Every.  Single.  Minute.  I was completely glued to my seat. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 12:06:33 AM »

NO!!!!!!!!!  Please, tell me there is sarcasm in your post.  I thought it was incredible.  Every.  Single.  Minute.  I was completely glued to my seat. 

No sarcasm at all. I am not ripping the show. I liked the episode because of the answers and the last 20 minutes or so that were great. But the early scenes were very slow. Before he got to the boat, on the boat and in the chains could of been edited better. Cut 10 minutes off of that and we are talking great tv. This was just very good.

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 12:08:10 AM »
I thought it was one of the better episodes of the series.  It felt more like a feature film to me.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:10:30 AM »
I thought it was one of the better episodes of the series.  It felt more like a feature film to me.

My thoughts exactly.  I am glad that others came away feeling the same way.  I felt Richard's pain.  I literally hurt for him.  The scene with the captain coming down below and starting to kill everyone off?  OMG!  I could not watch.  And then ol smokey rolls in.  Wow.  Torturous. 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:12:09 AM »

Otter, I'm with you.  THAT TREE the bench was under - THAT TREE.  If that's not a specimen to be the tree of life no tree on earth is.  The location scouts that found that beaut should get a pay raise. 

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 12:13:03 AM »
It made me want to see the sequel Ab Aeterno Curse of the Black Rock, and Ab Aeterno Dead Man's Chest