Author Topic: hell...  (Read 3179 times)

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
hell...
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:44:16 PM »
??  I'm not sure this is right - I think he dreamed Isabella said he was in Hell and that Smokey was the Devil, but thought it had actually happened, then [unLock who has not yet been Lockified] used it to his benefit to lure Richard into working with him?  And Richard just continued to believe it?  I dunno - we'll see how this plays out.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: hell...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »
I think Smokey played the role of Isabella just he played the role of Ben's daughter when Ben went into the basement of area outside the temple

so Smokey pretended to be Isabella and pretended that she was taken just to manipulate Richard into thinking he could get her back

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:06:35 PM »
I think Smokey played the role of Isabella just he played the role of Ben's daughter when Ben went into the basement of area outside the temple

so Smokey pretended to be Isabella and pretended that she was taken just to manipulate Richard into thinking he could get her back

I agree with you, JamesL

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 11:07:16 PM »

I agree, Smokey takes on the form of the dead. Hurley sees the real spirits of the dead.

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:18:40 PM »

I agree, Smokey takes on the form of the dead. Hurley sees the real spirits of the dead.
Agreed.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:23:36 PM »

Agreed.

Tripled agree. Can't be hell if they travel to world and back.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:25 PM »
Nothing to see here..... please move along

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:45:48 PM »
Seemed to me that when Smokey was in the cargo hold, he did his mind-meld / brain scan on Ricardo just like he did way back to Eko, learned how to manipulate him then smokey himself vanished.  Then he re-appeared to Ricardo as Isabella in order to manipulate him into killing Jacob.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »

Spot on!

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 11:49:10 PM »
Seemed to me that when Smokey was in the cargo hold, he did his mind-meld / brain scan on Ricardo just like he did way back to Eko, learned how to manipulate him then smokey himself vanished.  Then he re-appeared to Ricardo as Isabella in order to manipulate him into killing Jacob.

Most definitely!

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »
This is all surely correct.

I wonder why MIB would admit to being Smokey.  I don't imagine he's held to the same truth-telling standard as some others.

Offline devenezy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 12:32:33 AM »
I thought MIB needed a body to appear as the person. How did Isabella's body get to the island for MIB to utilize? If her body isn't there (and I'm sure its not) then MIB should be able to appear as any dead person in the history of the world. Right? Perhaps Isabella's soul was tied to the necklace or tied to Richard himself. MIB was then able to assume her identity?

I am having difficulty accepting the fact that she appeared to Richard. Someone please help explain how this might have happened without the body.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:34:03 AM »
Definately necklace. Her soul is on the island, Hurley can talk to her. So apparently she's not in hell...

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:52:18 AM »

Agreed.

Tripled agree. Can't be hell if they travel to world and back.

Juggy, Quadgreed!
There is a way "out" But out to where? when?

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 01:27:57 AM »
I wonder why MIB would admit to being Smokey.  I don't imagine he's held to the same truth-telling standard as some others.

I think he likes telling the truth, actually. Especially when it convinces people to do what he wants, like helping him off the Island. He does that a lot as Locke as well.