Author Topic: Black Rock  (Read 6755 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Black Rock
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 11:59:29 PM »
Now we know per popup
Set sail for final voyage 1845
Picked up Richie some time in 1847
Was heading for Siam (as Thailand was known then...Phuket anyone?)

Siam was the only nation in that area that resisted colonial rule.

I think night fell and the storm set in after the beach scene from s5.  Time is weird on The Island and it gives everyone a hard time when they enter the dome.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 03:27:55 AM »
The Pop-up reconfirmed that the Black Rock departed from England March 22, 1845.  But it was 1867 -- 22 years later for some reason -- when they picked up Richard.  (People have said that the date change was a cover for a script error since dynamite hadn't been created in 1845.)

------

P.S.  I'm slow.  I only just now got the "joke" that "Black Rock" ties in with the "every man is a scale" (with a white rock and a black rock on it).

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »
Now we know per popup
Set sail for final voyage 1845
Picked up Richie some time in 1847
Was heading for Siam (as Thailand was known then...Phuket anyone?)

Siam was the only nation in that area that resisted colonial rule.

I think night fell and the storm set in after the beach scene from s5.  Time is weird on The Island and it gives everyone a hard time when they enter the dome.

Jacob and MIB saw the ship passing in the daytime.  Jacob could have waited for night before having the storm drag the ship back to the island.  Or he could have moved the island ahead into the ship's path before setting the storm off.

It seemed like the ship was too close when we saw it in S5 final to have the storm hit "right then" to drag it over.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 11:35:36 AM »
But it was 1867 ...
Ooops.  That's right.

The ship was some distance away, but is was broad daylight.

It's at least as close as the freighter. Seems like there were distortions of time as they approached The Island from the freighter via the ship's tender or the chopper?