Author Topic: Invites Only...  (Read 5142 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Invites Only...
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »
I hope that when we see some more back story of Jacob and MIB that we see the statue in actual use. It seems like we will have to since it is so prominent.
I hope we get more too vikki I really do. But I think we're done with the past. I mean, we know what the nature of their conflict is now so I think it'll only be forward momentum from here on in. That being said, I would love to get some more insight on the Egyptian side of the mythology of the island. So, here's hoping!

I don't see how they can avoid telling us more about the whole Egyptian thing that has been going on, so I wouldn't worry about it too much Griz.

Actually, I can totally see how they would not show it. In the 1st Star Wars, they talk about the Clone Wars and when Obi-Wan was General Kenobi. Obi-Wan talks about the good ol' days of the Republic. But we never saw it. Even when they made the prequels years later they only showed a little bit of that. Only now with the Clone Wars cartoons are they showing us.

So my point, you can talk about a back story to add depth to the current story, and never show it. Frankly, I think an episode where they talk about the engineering of the temple and how they constructed the statue would be kind of a bore.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »
I hope that when we see some more back story of Jacob and MIB that we see the statue in actual use. It seems like we will have to since it is so prominent.
I hope we get more too vikki I really do. But I think we're done with the past. I mean, we know what the nature of their conflict is now so I think it'll only be forward momentum from here on in. That being said, I would love to get some more insight on the Egyptian side of the mythology of the island. So, here's hoping!

I don't see how they can avoid telling us more about the whole Egyptian thing that has been going on, so I wouldn't worry about it too much Griz.

Actually, I can totally see how they would not show it. In the 1st Star Wars, they talk about the Clone Wars and when Obi-Wan was General Kenobi. Obi-Wan talks about the good ol' days of the Republic. But we never saw it. Even when they made the prequels years later they only showed a little bit of that. Only now with the Clone Wars cartoons are they showing us.

So my point, you can talk about a back story to add depth to the current story, and never show it. Frankly, I think an episode where they talk about the engineering of the temple and how they constructed the statue would be kind of a bore.

I can envision a flashback scene with Jacob and/or MIB (TPTB said no more flashbacks, but then we had Ab Aeterno) and a quick background shot of the statue being constructed.  It would add to the story we already have, help set the time stage of the scene and it would only take up a few seconds of the episode.  Plus, it would be cool! 

(Cue sarcasm)........then they could show Kate and Sawyer hauling the stones while Ben whips them!   :o

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 01:19:12 PM »

I can envision a flashback scene with Jacob and/or MIB (TPTB said no more flashbacks, but then we had Ab Aeterno) and a quick background shot of the statue being constructed.  It would add to the story we already have, help set the time stage of the scene and it would only take up a few seconds of the episode.  Plus, it would be cool! 

(Cue sarcasm)........then they could show Kate and Sawyer hauling the stones while Ben whips them!   :o

HAHA!!! Perfect!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 03:52:48 PM »

(Cue sarcasm)........then they could show Kate and Sawyer hauling the stones while Ben whips them!   :o

As long as Kate is in another sundress again.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »

...or the Princess Leia slave outfit...

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 01:09:32 PM »
...So my point, you can talk about a back story to add depth to the current story, and never show it. Frankly, I think an episode where they talk about the engineering of the temple and how they constructed the statue would be kind of a bore.

And I do agree with you that an episode about that would be boring as hell, BUT, to give us the information behind that stuff, like why that statue, why the temple, etc, they could easily put that in one episode and it would be really interesting, informative, and finally get us to shut the hell up about it. LOL

Why would you ruin a perfectly good Princess Leia slave outfit by putting Kate in it?? Well, actually, That metal Bikini can make anyone hot. Hmmmmmmm, I'm having a genuine dilemma. Should I continue to hate on her, or just picture her in the slave gear?? This is a Toughy.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »

Why would you ruin a perfectly good Princess Leia slave outfit by putting Kate in it?? Well, actually, That metal Bikini can make anyone hot. Hmmmmmmm, I'm having a genuine dilemma. Should I continue to hate on her, or just picture her in the slave gear?? This is a Toughy.

How do we keep coming back to the Princess Leia slave bikini?  That was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away!  Oh, hell, now my mind is back in the polar bear cage again in another three-way!   ;D

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 02:19:43 PM »
I should know better than to check this thread anymore!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 03:58:23 PM »

It just started, I swear. LOL

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »

It just started, I swear. LOL

My intentions from the beg. of the thread were pure and LOSTworthy...

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »
Perhaps the remains of the statue were used in the mysterious lighthouse.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 07:51:28 PM »

How do we keep coming back to the Princess Leia slave bikini?  That was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away!  Oh, hell, now my mind is back in the polar bear cage again in another three-way!   ;D

ending of show Kate embracing Juliette or Claire it matters not and then they are the ones who are in charge of the island and kate ends up being WIB