Author Topic: need help with the survivors from the Aijira flight  (Read 1541 times)

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
need help with the survivors from the Aijira flight
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
I wondered if any of you with great memories or dvr's can remind me of the episode where the plane crashes. Frank, Ben and Sun took a canoe to the big island.(??)  Ilana and crew also left.  Was there any discussion between these groups and the rest of the survivors as to the fact they would come back for them or bring them supplies. I cannot remember any other survivors but my brain can be addled at times.  Also how did Ilana and crew get John Locke's coffin, presumably very heavy, from the Hydra Island to the big island  Something other than in a lightweight canoe? Just a small detail.  I wondered if the plane had a more substantial boat that he was floated over in.
And does anyone remember these supposed survivors that it looks like Widmore's people killed?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: need help with the survivors from the Aijira flight
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »
I wondered if any of you with great memories or dvr's can remind me of the episode where the plane crashes.

1) Frank, Ben and Sun took a canoe to the big island.(??)  Ilana and crew also left.  Was there any discussion between these groups and the rest of the survivors as to the fact they would come back for them or bring them supplies. I cannot remember any other survivors but my brain can be addled at times. 

2) Also how did Ilana and crew get John Locke's coffin, presumably very heavy, from the Hydra Island to the big island  Something other than in a lightweight canoe? Just a small detail. I wondered if the plane had a more substantial boat that he was floated over in.

3) And does anyone remember these supposed survivors that it looks like Widmore's people killed?

Okay, so I'll try this one at a time, so bear with me...

1) Frank and Sun both left to the main island, then when Frank returned Illana and her crew (I believe about 4 or 5 other people, including Bram) had already gone commando and taken control of the group. There were other survivors that were in the background of the Hydra island just to have it make sense that there were other people on the plane. We know of at least one, because when Frank returned from the mainland, he ran to him to tell him about Illana and her crew having guns. The survivors of the Ajira "crash" were basically never really part of the story though, so there's no need to really remember them, but they were there.

2) The crate they were carrying locke's body in looked to me like a storage crate of somekind from the plane, Probably made of aluminum or some other lightweight material. When they brought it to the mainland, they had it strapped to the outrigger. Odds are that it was water tight, so it probably was just floating along with the boat. Plus, the way those boats are designed, that is actually part of the reason they have those floaters sticking out like that, they can carry things they need in that area with the use of a net or ropes. Basically, it's not that far fetched of an idea that they used the outrigger canoe to bring Locke's body over.

3) I think I answered this one already, but yeah, basically the survivors from the Ajira flight were apparently just Red shirts to sacrifice. Here are a few links...

http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/5x07/c-users-jeremy-videos-capture-snapshot-5x07-png-5x07_00025.jpg

http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/5x07/c-users-jeremy-videos-capture-snapshot-5x07-png-5x07_00026.jpg

http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/5x07/c-users-jeremy-videos-capture-snapshot-5x07-png-5x07_00027.jpg

http://www.getlostpodcastmedia.com/wp-content/gallery/5x07/c-users-jeremy-videos-capture-snapshot-5x07-png-5x07_00037.jpg

http://happy-endings.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=12516&fullsize=1

These were just the first ones I could find. They are all from "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham". There have been a few other times we have seen more people on the hydra island. I think there is a good shot of people when Ben shoots Cesar before Ben and Locke take the outrigger to the main island.

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:04:30 PM »
Thank you so much for the explanations and links.  I knew there were bright and insightful  loasties out there.

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »
Didn't Ben go to the island with Sun and Frank after he shot on of Ilana's compatriots?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 10:37:38 AM »
Didn't Ben go to the island with Sun and Frank after he shot on of Ilana's compatriots?

No, Ben went to the island with Locke later. Sun knocked Ben unconcious when Sun, Ben and Frank were all out by the boat. Sun and Frank left, then at some point Cesar came and found Ben in the jungle, and took him back to the make-shift triage clinic. That's when Locke was sitting there waiting for Ben to wake up.