Author Topic: What Does MIB/UnLocke Need?  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
What Does MIB/UnLocke Need?
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:18:31 AM »
Trying to sit back this season and not theorize too much because the writers always take the show in a great, creative way I never saw coming anyway, but can't seem to let go of what MIB needs to get off the island? 

He could pop the cuff off Ben's leg so why can't he get off the island.  He's needs to have something happen first.  Something that would free him.  Something that would get him back home.  Couldn't he just turn the wheel to leave, like Ben did?  He's not even thinking in that direction, so that leads me back to him needing to have something happen first.

I've got a hundred other things I'm trying to figure out like when Widmore had told Locke earlier that he needed to ensure Locke was back on the Island so that "the right side" would win in the war that was coming.  How'd he know about the war coming?  Had he already seen this happen (time travel), but was he referring to Locke or UnLocke having to be there?  And so who really told Ben to bring back Locke's body?

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: What Does MIB/UnLocke Need?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »
Good question...I hope we get an answer.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 05:32:09 PM »
Eloise told Ben and Jack to bring back the body and how and when too.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »
He needs universal health care.  He doesn't care how he gets it.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 05:41:40 PM »
He needs universal health care.  He doesn't care how he gets it.

Thanks for the laugh.

Going home seems to be a seemingly simple task, so I'm guessing MIB's true motives must extend further than that...

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »
I hope this doesn't end with a movie..."The Smoke Monster takes Manhattan".

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwquIxzAfDk

he just needs someone,
he can lean on

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 02:01:32 PM »
pretty sure he needs someone to take his place.   He is doing the same thing Jacob was trying to do.  Trying to find someone to take over the island.   Take his spot in a life that never ends.   

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
He needs Jack to give him life.

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 07:57:39 AM »
I'm thinking more along the lines of it's something that has to happen for him to get home (free - back to being human - back to wherever he came from - whatever you want to call it) like one of these candidates has to do something or they all have to do something together.  Maybe it is Jack.  Otherwise MIB could have just left by turning the wheel.  So the game's not over for him yet.  Killing Jacob didn't end it.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »
I see it as Jack, the man whose father when he was little told him that he never has to make difficult choices, because he always wants to save everybody and could not handle it if his choice turn out bad for someone. The man that from the beginning of the show had to make choices (saving drowning Joanna or Boone, saving Boone or giving birth to Aaron, saving his marriage or try to cure an old man, call the freighter and sacrifice Charly or stay on the island, go to live with Kate and taking care of Aaron or stay alone, using Jughead and try to make things undone or stay on the island with everybody dead, leaving the island and sacrifice Jin or let them all die, saving Ben or freeing Juliet from Ben, saving Ben again or do nothing and many more.) and feels responsable for the consequences, like Aaron be raised by Claire, Juliet's dead, Sayid's dead, Locke's dead, etc.

That Jack will have to make the final choice.
Jacob wants him to choose for the island, to mantain the timeline where the island still exists, the timeline where the plane crashes and Jughead stops the electromegnetic energy so that the island will not be destroyed. Jacob wants Jack to be his substitute to keep that timeline intact. The timeline that Jacob created from a point in the past by manipulating the numbered people to make different choices in their lifes than they did the first time in the original timeline (the one where the plane doesn't crash). Where the numbers changed the outcome of history by doing things in a different way. The consequence of that timeline is that Jack is pushed to make the choices that lead to his son never be born. But in the original timeline that son was born and now he turned into smoke from the point where he is supposed to be born on from. If Jack chooses for Jacob, he will become the next Jacob and save the island and MIB is doomed to stay there as smoke and all Jack's friends will be dead, but the timeline and island will be save.

MIB wants Jack to choose for the original timeline, without going back to a point in the past and changing history. A timeline where MIB is born as David Shepard and has a father and an insane mother, where everybody is alife, Locke has Helen, Sayid has Nadia, Dogen has his son, Ben has Alex, Sawyer could find Juliet, Jack could find Kate, who could be a mother to David, Claire could find Charly to raise Aaron with her, Hurley is a lucky man and could find Libby, Boone is alife, Michael and Walt could become happy, Sun and Jin could still have a child, Locke could be operated by Jack.
In that timeline MIB is born and has a body and is home. The consequence of that timeline is that the island is gone, away, under water, the DI drilled in the ground and sunk the island. Other people maybe died (like maybe Eloise who tried to keep the islandtimeline going to by sending Desmond to push the button and send Dan to be killed, but now seems on MIB's side, because she got trapped in a loop where she killed her son before he was born).

Jack choice is his son alife and the island gone or the island exists and his son is smoke and a danger for the island, because he wants to go back to a timeline where the island is gone.

Smoky said it in the last episode:
LOCKE: Because they're convinced that they're protecting the Island from me, when in fact all I want to do is leave. So it's either kill or be killed. And I don't wanna be killed.

So, I still think that Smoky is David Shepard, Adam and Eve are Jack and his mother from the first timeline (where the plane doesn't crash)
and Aaron is Jacob, who in the island timeline is born again and MIB punishes him by recruiting his mother and making her insane.
I also think that Christian is MIB. He took the form of his grandfather, Jack's father and is trying to make Jack (a man of science) believe that there are things that can't be seen, but that exist.
Jack needs to start believing that it is possible that there was a time where things were different, where they made different choices, where he has a son, he needs to admit the existence of David (MIB/Smoky) and see that the island is nothing, that in the other timeline the island is gone and the world is still turning and everyone has a better life, because they have their loved ones (the line from the little house, something like: all we need in life is laughing and loving each other and knowing that dead peope are not dead and wil be back)
And MIB is not lying when he promises Claire that she could raise Aaron and when he promises Sayid that Nadia could be alife again. If Jack starts believing and makes the right choice they can travel back to the timeline where the plane doesn't crash and live their lifes without manipulations. And in that life, they still are who they are, but they make better choices of their own. Sawyer chooses to be a policeman instead of a conman, Ben chooses for Alex' career instead of the power of being a principal, Locke chooses for Helen instead of waisting his life being angry, etc.

MIB = timeline where the plane doesn't crash - free will, MIB is born and has a home and family - island is gone. First and original timeline.
They travel back in time and Jacob starts changing history, by manipulating the numbered people to make other choices.
Jacob = timeline where the plane crashes - no choices, no free will, manipulation - island is saved - MIB is never born so has no body, but his soul turns into smoke.
And now it's up to Jack.