Poll

Rate "Recon" and give your opinion of the episode.

1 (5.9%)
2 (11.8%)
2 (11.8%)
7 (41.2%)
3 (17.6%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (5.9%)
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Episode 6x8 Rating  (Read 5024 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x8 Rating
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »
I wasn't condemning anyone with that statement, btw. I was a little lackluster about it because it was a letdown from the previous episode. However, I liked the character development, esp for Sawyer, in both timelines. That's just me.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 03:51:58 PM »
How did you see him developing - or do I have to wait to listen to the Big Coconut?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 05:25:10 PM »
Con and ReCon. Doublecrossing, being all Sawyer-y. He's actually DOING something instead of moping about Juliet. How is he not developing?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 07:04:13 PM »
I gave it a 7. Good story but not much action or to much plot movement. Last thing I want is more characters. i want to see the ones we already love!!1

good but not great.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »
Con and ReCon. Doublecrossing, being all Sawyer-y. He's actually DOING something instead of moping about Juliet. How is he not developing?

I see it as a de-evolution of his character.  The fact that he is grousing about Anthony Cooper felt like one of the worst plot points so far.  That issue was SO settled.  Why in the world would they readdress that?  I can believe in a soon-to-come huge convergence with past events, but it felt like a horrid return to the past. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »

I see it as a de-evolution of his character.  The fact that he is grousing about Anthony Cooper felt like one of the worst plot points so far.  That issue was SO settled.  Why in the world would they readdress that?  I can believe in a soon-to-come huge convergence with past events, but it felt like a horrid return to the past. 
They readdress it because in 2004 it HASN'T been addressed. Of course it sounds like a return to the past, cause it kinda is.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 10:10:53 PM »
Well, and Jeff Jensen saw the fact that Sawyer did NOT lie to either Widmore or UnLocke as proof that he is rejecting the darkness.  That is an interesting read.  I guess I passed over that.  Apparently I felt about this episode the way people felt about Kate's story - that it was a major retread.  You do have a point about Sawyer taking action again.  He very well might be fighting against UnLocke's schemes.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 08:33:13 AM »
I gave this a 6

James- never thought he had jumped ship to join MIB an always suspected he was out for himself.  Just like in season one.  The LaFleur reference was comical and so much the 70’s DI days where he and Miles bonded.  I had to laugh that here James the cop allows Kate a head start in LA X and now she crashes into him again. 
Point on sideways – these folks were to meet no matter what.  I got it the fan base gets it and pity some other things can’t get fleshed out.
New mystery – the cave barbers – or do you enter the caves with long stringy hair and come out with a new coiffure!  Seriously continuity on this show continues to go downhill.  (I am keeping faith)

Comical /Understated Moment – Xanax Sayid – are you okay?  No.  I wonder if he wakes up from the darkness if he is going to kick MIB right out of Locke.

PMS Moment:  Kate crying over Claire attacking her.  Dang she has more balls than most men, so put on your big girl bra Kate and get over it.  Seriously what were the writers trying to prove with this? 
Widmore loved seeing him back in the mix, his not committing manner and it just makes you wonder what is going to happen next.

Locke – well interesting that the original Locke’s mom was a bit on the crazy side too, but he points out that Claire is crazy?  Ummmmm gee who made her off the rocker?  So if he did this to Claire does MIB have an issue with women in general?    Is he the origin of fertility issues?  Also the entire scene with him walking through “jungle” was reminiscent of when Locke was leading them around in season four. 
I just do not trust Locke
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:39:49 AM by LostinLock »

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 12:08:09 PM »
i give it a 6.  better than average, but not by much.  i love sawyer.  i like that he's a cop, i like the connections in the sideways that they are giving us.  just like all the connections in the flashbacks.  albeit these are a little more in our faces, they are still there.

other than that.  meh.  the on island stuff flat pi**es me of.  i hate crazy psycho claire.  i hate crazy psycho claire being putty in notLocke's hands even more.  I HATE HATE HATE the fact that sayid has gone to the dark side. 
what else do i hate:
sawyer working with flocke (or is he working with widmore?) either way, hate it.
kate becoming such a wuss.  it's like she's scared of her own shadow now.  old kate would have hit crazy claire upside the head and given her a good beating, in the mud, for ratings of course.
new characters.  please.  this late in the series?
hurley & jack?  where are they in all this other chaos?

anyway.  that's my story and i'm stickin' to it.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 01:56:45 PM »
wasn't impressed....hate that they gave us more characters. I agree with LB-I can't stand that Sayid is bad and crazy Claire is just annoying...don't even want to rate it. On a positive note I can't wait for tomorrow!

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
 Six average episode, though didn't mind staring at Sawyer all cleaned up :-). But again I want answers. 
I think poor Sawyer is going to out con himself. Think Widmore on side of MIB as Jacob had Ben kick him off the island and Widmore came once before for ben.

I am very very excited about tonight's episode. I hope they deliver, again I want answers!

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 02:58:27 AM »
I gave it a 7.  I liked that he was a cop.  It was interesting to me that he was a cop, but he still didn't tattle on Kate with her cuffs in the airport.

It wasn't the best episode, especially for a Sawyer episode, but it was alright.  I think I might just like Sawyer as a snarky side character hanging out with Hugo.