Author Topic: MIB and the plane  (Read 4113 times)

Offline jacobsdaughter

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
MIB and the plane
« on: March 17, 2010, 07:12:16 PM »
How the freak does he think the plane will get them off the island or is he thinking something else.  There isn't a runway right?  They would need someone to fly it, it would need more gas, etc, etc, etc.
You think for a smoke monster he would put some more thought into this theory.  And where does he want to go off the island?

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: MIB and the plane
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »
There is a runway.  They landed on it.  The others built it back in season 3.  I'm sure they still have some gas because they landed in the middle of the trip to Guam.  And who knows, maybe MIB can fly it.  Or maybe he plans of getting Frank to join him.  Or maybe he had another plan to get off.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »
Yes, there's a runway except the plane is buried in a jungle at the end of it.  Good luck turning that plane around.  I doubt MIB expects to fly off on the plane.  Seems odd picturing a seemingly all-powerful smoke monster hitching a ride on a plane and then presumably flying "home."  The final episode will be of him sitting in a terminal awaiting his connecting flight.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:14:24 PM »
Yeah, I never really expected his plan was to use the plane.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:04:52 PM »
MIB lacks creditibility.  His intentions are for a war and how he leaves the island is not man made!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 10:21:55 PM »
This thread makes a really good point. It's something that has vexed me for awhile now this season. In fact, I kinda feel like Capt. Kirk in Star Trek 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

What does some extremely powerful smoke monster need with a plane? Or a submarine for that matter? I mean, I already know not to take what Locke says at face value because he is saying different things to different people, but I'm wondering if he has an even larger plan, or what exactly is keeping him on the Island at this point.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 10:26:25 PM »
Right.  I have felt this season that Locke has something bigger planned than just leaving the island.

Offline jkbeaulieu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 10:40:15 PM »
Maybe he can't leave until he convinces someone to be his replacement.  Or perhaps because of the intense electromagnetic field the island seems to be generating, there is a barrier created by the ancients that serves as a fence like the others fence, like the fence that Widmore's people are building to keep Smokey Out/In.  I am beginning to believe that Juliet did not detonate the Jughead, but at the last second someone turned the donkey wheel to prevent her from destroying whatever kept Smokey trapped on the island.  His ultimate goal could be the destruction of the island - the only thing that an cage him.  He does not want to just escape his prison, he wants to destroy it - perhaps sink it?  I am probably way off, but there is something else, something much bigger that needs to happen before Smokey can leave the island.  I do believe he wants off and will try to leave as soon as he is able.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
Well, and along this same line when Kate scoffed at Sawyer for taking the plane because no one knew how to fly it, and he said, "We're taking the sub" - I thought, and who the heck knows how to manuever that thing?! Not Sawyer!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:33:23 PM »
Dharma Training 101 - How to maneuver subs

Offline jkbeaulieu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 12:11:29 AM »
He could plan on kidnapping some of Wodmore's men to pilot the sub.  Sawyer always has a plan.

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 12:57:47 AM »
Well, and along this same line when Kate scoffed at Sawyer for taking the plane because no one knew how to fly it, and he said, "We're taking the sub" - I thought, and who the heck knows how to manuever that thing?! Not Sawyer!
I thought the same thing.....because a submarine is easier to manuever than a plane.  Maybe its just like riding a bike.....*ggls*

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 05:56:26 AM »
he just wants to use up his frequent flyer miles before they expire

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 09:23:57 AM »
Plane sounds sweet, but you know it's not going to happen.  Flocke is just figuring the gang will be believe him. 

The sub...that's more believable.  And if there's a way...I know Sawyer will find it!

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »
I think the island has some sort of craft buried inside it and Locke just needs to Kill whoever is trying to prevent him from reaching it so he can fly back to his planet.