Author Topic: MIB and the plane  (Read 3147 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: MIB and the plane
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »
I think the island has some sort of craft buried inside it and Locke just needs to Kill whoever is trying to prevent him from reaching it so he can fly back to his planet.

Bwahaha!  He has the Millenium Falcon docked at Mos Eisley, which is on the other side of Hydra Island.  Yes, the stories are all coming together.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »
I think they could use the plane to leave. Sometimes we forget how much equipment Dharma left on the islands. It only takes a glorified lawnmower to move those things around at an actual airport. If there's a front end loader on Hydra island they could get the jet pointed back down the runway. Modern jet engines are designed to ingest small birds and whatnot and keep on going. The turbine blades are made from incredibly strong material (2:20 in the vid). I just saw some leaves and twigs in there -- no major damage. As far as flying it I think if any of them has played MS Flight Simulator they have what it takes. Heck I think I could do it! But then I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.  :)

EDIT: I was searching YouTube for Flight of the Phoenix (1965 of course) to enlighten those who say it can't be done. The official trailer wasn't helpful but then I found this fan vid made from footage of the film. I could see Lost ending this way.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:05:13 PM by ericd543 »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 06:05:39 PM »
There is a war coming and the time to fix planes to make them fly is over.  Frankly I do not believe that anyone is going to leave the island and if they do it will be on a boat not a plane, it appears copters, planes and hot air balloons and the island do not mix.  But the water!  Well, Ben did say they will have it to their backs.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 09:11:52 AM »
During the scene where Sawyer walks by the plane I couldn't help but notice that its not a very big plane. Its a 727 at the most. It wouldn't be that hard to get ti turned around. Just sayin...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
Well when the langoliers start chomping away at the other island they will turn it around big time.  Why do you think Frank is still alive

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »
Yeah that's true Lil. I forgot that there was a plane on the island until this episode haha. And yeah, perfect guy to fly it... the one who flew it in.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »
I think sometimes we forget that there are people there for a reason.  hugo he can cook ha ha...
and Frank may have been a candidate.
Funny Frank should be dead and he isn't !

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »
I think sometimes we forget that there are people there for a reason.  hugo he can cook ha ha...
and Frank may have been a candidate.
Funny Frank should be dead and he isn't !
I hope Frank stays alive.  I think he's a candidate.  The other pilot was killed by Smokey because he wasn't Frank.  That's what I think.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »
If MIB can make all these offers for a better/different future (Dogen/Sayid and so forth), why does he need a plane to get off the island? Can't he just use his "powers?"

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 07:34:30 AM »
MIB doesn't need a plane. He was lying to Sawyer. He didn't send Sawyer to see if they could use the plane or to see if there were passengers alife. He send Sawyer there to see with how many people Widmore was there and to con Widmore. And he told it later to Sawyer.

SAWYER: You didn't really send me over there to find passengers from that plane, did you?
LOCKE: No.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »
MIB wants the sub!