Author Topic: Flocke was sending Ben to the Hydra Island  (Read 1754 times)

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Flocke was sending Ben to the Hydra Island
« on: March 17, 2010, 02:02:20 PM »
Was he sending Ben into the lions den to be killed or do you think he is surprised that Widmore is there?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Flocke was sending Ben to the Hydra Island
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
i forgot that he told Ben to go there! Yes, I think he was sending him to be killed. Afterall Flocke told Sawyer to do recon there as he suspected there were people there that were not friendly to his cause (whatever that may be)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:06:23 PM »
Was he sending Ben into the lions den to be killed or do you think he is surprised that Widmore is there?

Interesting point.  I wonder if the "rules" preclude Smokey from killing Ben.  Otherwise, he could have killed him right there and then himself, or just waited for Ilana, who seemed to be dead serious about doing it herself.  So I guess Flocke wanted Ben to go to Hydra either for the stated reason, or for some other reason other than simply killing off Ben.  

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 02:12:18 PM »
Good call out... good question. Sending me off to ponder.

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:16:35 PM »
flock/smokey has to know about the animosity between ben and charles, so i think he definately sent ben for that reason--charles and his goons can kill ben

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 03:08:49 PM »
To be fair, I try hard, but I'm not sure I've had an original thought when it comes to Lost.  I read this on a thread on another site and it was kinda just buried without much response.  Thought it would be a good topic.

I can't decide if Flocke sent Sawyer over there because he knew Widmore was there and was testing Locke or if he really had no idea what was there.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 03:18:38 PM »
What if FLOCKE went to see BEN after SAWYER'S RECNON? Thats when decided to get rid of BEN via WIDMORE.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 03:42:49 PM »
What if FLOCKE went to see BEN after SAWYER'S RECNON? Thats when decided to get rid of BEN via WIDMORE.

If I am following you, I don't think it's possible.  We see Ben on the beach during the "reunion" at the end of last week but Widmore hadn't reached the Hydra yet.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »
But Ben and Widmore can't kill each other, so sending Ben there would have been counterproductive.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 05:00:11 PM »
He was sending him to the Lion's Den.
But not to be killed. If he wanted Ben to die, well, Illana was about to close the deal that time, changing her mind only when Ben decided to open his heart, and not kill her.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 06:14:27 PM »

If I am following you, I don't think it's possible.  We see Ben on the beach during the "reunion" at the end of last week but Widmore hadn't reached the Hydra yet.

this ^ ^

the sub hadn't even reached the island when Flocke told Ben to go to the Hydra Island

so Flocke really was trying to get Ben on his side and was truthfully telling him to meet him there

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »
Locke seems to be a "broker" of deals as of late so I was thinking.... maybe Smokey appeared to Widmore off Island and brokered the "I need you to do something for me and I will give you anything you want deal" and in return for helping Locke to recruit the 06 for their return trip he gives Mr. Linus to Widmore as a bonus to the control of the Island. The temporary sonic fence that the Widmore's I.T. guys were installing as a sign of both Widmore's knowledge of Smokey and his distrust of him as well. The way the fence was being setup it reminded me of the ash and Widmore staying in the sub was like Dogen not leaving the Temple to talk to Locke. I just think for a guy who wants control of the Island good ol' Chuck didn't seem interested in leaving the sub. Call me crazy but I am jus saying.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »
the sub hadn't even reached the island when Flocke told Ben to go to the Hydra Island
so Flocke really was trying to get Ben on his side and was truthfully telling him to meet him there
Well, Widmore get to Hidra Island after Ben returns with Illana, that happened after Unlocke tells him.
You know what, I'm with the whole fake 815 stuff now. Widmore killed Ajira People, Unlocke sent Sawyer because he was the only one capable of surviving Widmore, and Ben was supposed to be catch as bait.

Unlocke planned that how without knowing about Widmore resources? Because he knew the first thing Peanut would do would be purge the survivors of that flashy big plane, that happen to be on Hidra.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 08:12:32 PM »
I'll go with no, at least not with the intention of killing Ben, because like someone else said, if he wanted Ben dead, Ilana was well on her way of making that happen.  He's building an army and wanted to recruit Ben.  His ultimate destination seems to be the Hydra island, maybe he sensed someone was there.  Widmore wasn't on the island yet when he told Ben to go there.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »
Isn't this really moot considering Ben didn't go to Hydra.

And of course Smokey knows the Ben Widmore gig and Widmore could have someone else kill Ben.
Not much else to flesh out ;)