Author Topic: WATERSHIP DOWN!  (Read 1885 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
WATERSHIP DOWN!
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:08:14 PM »
I know Sawyer has been reading this book in past episodes, but I got REALLY excited when I saw this again because it is yet another tie in to the greatest book series EVER! The Dark Tower. I still feel the universes are tied in similarly to the way the Dark Tower ties universes together.  LOVE DT references.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: WATERSHIP DOWN!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »
I never read the Dark Tower series, guess I might have to. I'm curious what the connection to Watership Down was. I still remember reading Watership Down in high school.

Found it kind of funny at the end when Sawyer asked Kate what was for dinner, she said rabbitt.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
DT references the Richard Adams novel "Shardik" with a character in the third book of the series, and then mentions "don't know why the name Shardik remionds me of rabbits". Its not a glaring comparrison, but LOST has a LOT of Dark Tower similarities, so its exciting to see another one.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »
I loved Shardik. I mean, I loved reading Watership Down too, but I kind of developed an inter-species kind of love for Shardik :)

Offline daisy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
Wasn't Shardik a polar bear? Lots of simlarities between what is now happening on the island and events in Watership Down. Is FLocke Woundwort?