Author Topic: Flocke's crazy mother  (Read 6649 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Flocke's crazy mother
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 08:50:12 AM »
Locke has a crazy Mother
MIB had a crazy mother, so he said - not sure I believe all he says
Claire is a crazy mother -

No MIB was a man we saw him on the island with Jacob so not sure but that was over a 140 years ago (not sure where I read that but I read it someplace and I am not saying it is 100% accurate)  But he was flesh with Jacob.

So I am going to say at some point he became the smoke monster.  What he absorbed after that time was for whatever great purpose he has in mind.
MIB may be 140 years old, but Smokie is older than that.  He appears in the ancient Egyptian drawings we saw earlier.  In this drawing he appears to be meeting with Annubis:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090409155821/lostpedia/images/f/f9/MonsterImage.jpg

BUT wait Smokey may be in the imges that does not mean that the man sitting with Jacob dates back to that time, maybe but I am just saying.   We do not know why he became smokey. Unless and I ll go this far to say that if Smokey was around for a long long time then he was using bodies all along.That's what I've been saying!  Now you're starting to understand.   so that opens up a totally different conversation. One I am not sure is valid but none th eless if in fact smokey kept taking over bodies since Egyptian times then this is a good one.
I guess I'm not making my ideas clear.  The Smoke Monster (appearing as MIB) and Jacob are sitting on the beach waiting for the Black Rock.  It's the 19th century, not ancient Egypt.  I never said that the man in black dates back to ancient Egypt.  The Smoke monster is as old as civilization, if not as old as time.  The man in black belongs to the 19th century.  He is not the Smoke Monster any more than John Locke is the Smoke Monster.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »
Locke has a crazy Mother

No MIB was a man we saw him on the island with Jacob so not sure but that was over a 140 years ago (not sure where I read that but I read it someplace and I am not saying it is 100% accurate)  But he was flesh with Jacob.

So I am going to say at some point he became the smoke monster.  What he absorbed after that time was for whatever great purpose he has in mind.
MIB may be 140 years old, but Smokie is older than that.  He appears in the ancient Egyptian drawings we saw earlier.  In this drawing he appears to be meeting with Annubis:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090409155821/lostpedia/images/f/f9/MonsterImage.jpg

BUT wait Smokey may be in the imges that does not mean that the man sitting with Jacob dates back to that time, maybe but I am just saying.   We do not know why he became smokey. Unless and I ll go this far to say that if Smokey was around for a long long time then he was using bodies all along.That's what I've been saying!  Now you're starting to understand.   so that opens up a totally different conversation. One I am not sure is valid but none th eless if in fact smokey kept taking over bodies since Egyptian times then this is a good one.
I guess I'm not making my ideas clear.  The Smoke Monster (appearing as MIB) and Jacob are sitting on the beach waiting for the Black Rock.  It's the 19th century, not ancient Egypt.  I never said that the man in black dates back to ancient Egypt.  The Smoke monster is as old as civilization, if not as old as time.  The man in black belongs to the 19th century.  He is not the Smoke Monster any more than John Locke is the Smoke Monster.

Okay but SOL why did he say he was the smoke monster?  I thank youf or clearing that up as I did misunderstand :)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »
John Locke is a man of the 1950's
MIB is a man of the 1800's

John Locke is not really Smokey
Smokey has taken over Locke's body

MIB isn't really smokey,
sometime during the 1800's Smokey took over MIB's body

just as we call this new thing Flocke (fake locke),
MIB is really fake 1800's guy

Smokey exited before the 1800's
and has been taking over people's bodies for thousands of years

(I believe that's the idea)

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:28:49 AM by jamesl »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
John Locke is a man aof the 1950's

John Locke is realy Smokey

MIB isn't really smokey,

Smokey exsited before the 1800's
and has been taking over people's bodeis for thousands of years

MIB: I just ate.

*chill*

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 12:07:57 AM »
Locke has a crazy Mother

Okay but SOL why did he say he was the smoke monster?  I thank youf or clearing that up as I did misunderstand :)
The Smoke Monster is currently wearing a John Locke disguise.  He is the Smoke Monster.  He just looks like Locke.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 08:29:52 PM »
John Locke is a man of the 1950's

John Locke is not really Smokey

MIB isn't really smokey,

Smokey exited before the 1800's
and has been taking over people's bodies for thousands of years

I second that motion your honor.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
I think you guys are just splitting hairs here. Obviously the person that is walking around and looks like Locke isn't the actual John Locke we all grew to know and love in the first few seasons, but if I said to you, "Locke told Sawyer he is the smoke monster." Do you really not know what I'm saying?? Come on guys, are we all adults here?? Or, well, maybe we're not, but are we all smart enough to know what the other person is saying in that regard?? Nobody was confused after the second season when the person we all knew as Henry was all of a sudden being called Ben.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 07:06:39 PM »
I think you guys are just splitting hairs here. Obviously the person that is walking around and looks like Locke isn't the actual John Locke we all grew to know and love in the first few seasons, but if I said to you, "Locke told Sawyer he is the smoke monster." Do you really not know what I'm saying?? Come on guys, are we all adults here?? Or, well, maybe we're not, but are we all smart enough to know what the other person is saying in that regard?? Nobody was confused after the second season when the person we all knew as Henry was all of a sudden being called Ben.

Henry was Ben?!?!?!?!?   j/k Bob. I hear ya. I think maybe we are all just overthinking things. Which isn't hard to do with a show like this.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 07:03:42 PM »
My guess his crazy mother is Eloise who seems to know everything. She has to be connected to MIB-they seem to want the same things.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2010, 11:35:58 AM »
My guess his crazy mother is Eloise who seems to know everything. She has to be connected to MIB-they seem to want the same things.

But Eloise isn't crazy, just controlling.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »
I don't think we have met his mother yet. Running out of time, but I think we will eventually meet his mother.