Author Topic: Flocke's crazy mother  (Read 9088 times)

Offline Shivy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Flocke's crazy mother
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:26:55 PM »
What do we think about Flocke's discussion about his crazy mother and how it caused alot of harm in his life? 

Do you think his former self that he keeps refering to will be revealed as someone we would know?  But I don't see how that's possible as he's said he's been on this island for a long time. 

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Flocke's crazy mother
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
Maybe MIB needed someone that was like him in order to take their form. I know that is far fetched, but it would explain why the Cantidates were being watched all their life.

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 12:55:28 PM »
In the season 5 finale MIB was played by Titus Welliver, I'm wondering why they didn't continue with him

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »
Titus Welliver was used to show us that MiB can take many faces. I think it has a very large part in the remainder of the story. MiB will most likely stay Locke until the end of the show, But I think it has something to do with the physics of the show.

As far as Flocke's crazy mother, I think that may be one of the last episodes we get. The backstory of MiB and Jacob.

Offline shadow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »
MiB will most likely stay Locke until the end of the show,

If the next episode is indeed a Richard flashback, then we should be seeing the "beach" MiB instead of the "Locke" MiB

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
MIB = Norman Bates
MIB = Jason Voorhees
MIB = Carrie

Just sayin.  ::)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
MiB will most likely stay Locke until the end of the show,

If the next episode is indeed a Richard flashback, then we should be seeing the "beach" MiB instead of the "Locke" MiB

Or whoever he was before he was the guy on the beach. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN....Just kidding by the way. Just really bored today.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 01:16:24 PM »
Just read something on Lostpedia that I found very interesting...

They point out the fact that Real Locke's mom was actually crazy, to the point that she was in a home.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 01:26:15 PM »
Just read something on Lostpedia that I found very interesting...

They point out the fact that Real Locke's mom was actually crazy, to the point that she was in a home.

Yes, Locke's mom was treated at SRMI (Santa Rosa Mental Institute), where Hurley, Leonard (from whom Hurley got The Numbers), and Libby were also patients.

As to who Smokey is - no, I don't think its someone we know, in terms of him being another character from a show.  Is it possible that he's a religious or biblical figure of some sort, or at least very closely based on some such figure?  I'd say the odds are quite good.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »
So wait. Do you think that Smokey isn't talking about his real mother...but about Locke's real mother? I mean, doesn't he share the memories of whomever's body he is possessing/inhabiting? Was he simply saying all this to Kate to gain her trust?

Offline Karen8280

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 01:36:51 PM »
So wait. Do you think that Smokey isn't talking about his real mother...but about Locke's real mother? I mean, doesn't he share the memories of whomever's body he is possessing/inhabiting?

That's exactly what I was thinking.  He's talking about the real Locke's mother since she was the crazy one.  I didn't remember the part about Smokey sharing memories though so thank you for that.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »
So wait. Do you think that Smokey isn't talking about his real mother...but about Locke's real mother? I mean, doesn't he share the memories of whomever's body he is possessing/inhabiting?

That's exactly what I was thinking.  He's talking about the real Locke's mother since she was the crazy one.  I didn't remember the part about Smokey sharing memories though so thank you for that.
Your welcome Karen! And welcome to the boards!  I can't remember half the stuff that's going on simply because there IS so much going on! That's what's nice about these boards. You have other people catching stuff for ya! :)

Offline Karen8280

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »

Your welcome Karen! And welcome to the boards!  I can't remember half the stuff that's going on simply because there IS so much going on! That's what's nice about these boards. You have other people catching stuff for ya! :)

Thank you for the welcome! 
I think I'm doing ok understanding everything but once the episode is over, I feel like my brain has exploded.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »

Thank you for the welcome! 
I think I'm doing ok understanding everything but once the episode is over, I feel like my brain has exploded.

Yes, that happens to me too! LOL! It's like a brain explosion epidemic!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
So wait. Do you think that Smokey isn't talking about his real mother...but about Locke's real mother? I mean, doesn't he share the memories of whomever's body he is possessing/inhabiting? Was he simply saying all this to Kate to gain her trust?

This makes me feel stupid. I got SO intrigued by MiB's mommy comment....then I remember the "sharing memories thing"....Now I feel dumb. Good Game TPTB