Author Topic: Little House on the Prairie  (Read 3811 times)

Offline spencer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Little House on the Prairie
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 05:51:12 PM »
Tricia Tanaka is Dead is the ep's name.

Sawyer is a kid watching Little House.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »
Tricia Tanaka is Dead is the ep's name.

Sawyer is a kid watching Little House.

Oh wow!  See, I would've NEVER remembered that!

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
good catch spencer, nice! what that episode said to me was that James' core is still the same. between the books and little house and being a cop but still wanting to kill cooper. I loved this one so much.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
I actually thought it just happened to be on and James was just watching it cuz it was on. You know, like how you just turn on the TV and whatever is on happens to be on and you're too gelled out to change the station?

And that the scene that was playing caught his attention because they were talking about family, and that touched a nerve for poor James (obviously because of his own family tragedy.) And I so agree, that the line that Charles Ingalls was telling Laura was significant to what is going on..."People aren't really gone when they die. They leave all the good memories to sustain us until we see them again."
Coincidence is also what I thought.  And that the line she was saying was just to remind him he was okay.  Not much more than that

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
The clip is from an episode titled "Remember Me" where a neighbor is dying and enlists the help of Charles (the dad) to find a home for her children.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mn3GTqTQHk

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »
See, I rewatched the episode, and the Little House clip jumped off the TV, smacked me in the face, and said "Hey, I'm really important." I used to watch Little House all the time, at least until they got a lot older and the show wasn't as interesting. The scene they showed was very interesting, not just the "people aren't really dead" line, but the rest of it too.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
Seriously? Wow.  That whole scene was huge in terms of Sawyer's storylines.. both on Island and sideways.

Charles Ingalls is telling Laura  "People aren't really gone when they die. They leave all the good memories to sustain us until we see them again." 

The fact that Sawyer's even watching it shows how much of a sensitive guy he is despite his tough guy appearance

because we have a thread in here about favorite lines of the night, when i was watching this scene i knew right away that Charles' quote was my fav even though it wasn't by one of our people. do you even realize how geniouse tptb are that they could find an episode somewhere to fit what they are trying to say . this show never stops amazing me. and James' books show that he still has some " island" in him even though he, in this life ,was never on it. nice.

True.. but then again it also shows what fans of Little House they were lmfao.  Seriously tho, Little House was always good for that philosophical crap we were too young to understand when it was on.  Darlton using this scene was just pure genius and I can't wait to hear how they went about using it.  Meaning which came first..the scene and finding the right show to insert or they saw the rerun of the show and said damn.. we have to use this

The show aired from 1974 to 1982, and some of us were old enough then to catch the philosophical crap.  High school, college and early years of my married life.  Yeah, I watched it.  Good, wholesome, family oriented stuff.  Sawyer wasn't the first sensitive hunk around here.