Author Topic: Little House on the Prairie  (Read 4131 times)

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Little House on the Prairie
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:16:28 AM »
I know it was used for the dialogue in the scene but come on... Sawyer watching Little House?  Could a man get more perfect??

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Little House on the Prairie
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »
Could a thread get more useless?

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:03:55 AM »
Seriously? Wow.  That whole scene was huge in terms of Sawyer's storylines.. both on Island and sideways.

Charles Ingalls is telling Laura  "People aren't really gone when they die. They leave all the good memories to sustain us until we see them again." 

The fact that Sawyer's even watching it shows how much of a sensitive guy he is despite his tough guy appearance

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »

Don't like a thread? Then leave it alone. There is a level of nastiness creeping onto this site that needs to stop.

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »

Don't like a thread? Then leave it alone. There is a level of nastiness creeping onto this site that needs to stop.

:) Thanks Cayley

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:27:13 AM »
oh, and since I was distracted from my original post I'll say it now:

I love these references. It seems like a love letter to us rabid fans.

I started watching this show on day one. But it wasn't until the middle of season two that I was told about an awesome web site. I had seen the moments where Hurley appeared on a tv in a Jin scene, or Sayid on a tv where Kate was visiting her [step]dad, but, for example, I had no idea that the girl Sawyer slept with in one episode was the same one reading Hurley's lotto numbers! I learned about so many inside connections that the casual, albeit loyal, viewer could miss. So Sawyer getting all misty over an episode of Little House that has Half Pint and Pa discussing death? Brilliant.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »

:) Thanks Cayley

just doin' ma job. :)

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 11:29:33 AM »
Its great when they throw something so deep at you without you even realizing it.  I betcha a lot of people paid no attention to what was being said on the TV.

and OMG Cayley.. you so do NOT have man on a horse as your profile pic lmfaoooooo

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:46:05 AM »
Sawyer does alot of things that don't seem "Saywerly".  Watching Little House, reading Watership Down.  It's the little things that tell us ALOT about the real man!

(And I miss my Old Spice Man Commercials during Lost...I can happily give up the French Woman's Windows 7 for more Man on Horse).

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
and OMG Cayley.. you so do NOT have man on a horse as your profile pic lmfaoooooo

I had to! He's the man my man could smell like!!

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 12:00:16 PM »
Seriously? Wow.  That whole scene was huge in terms of Sawyer's storylines.. both on Island and sideways.

Charles Ingalls is telling Laura  "People aren't really gone when they die. They leave all the good memories to sustain us until we see them again." 

The fact that Sawyer's even watching it shows how much of a sensitive guy he is despite his tough guy appearance

because we have a thread in here about favorite lines of the night, when i was watching this scene i knew right away that Charles' quote was my fav even though it wasn't by one of our people. do you even realize how geniouse tptb are that they could find an episode somewhere to fit what they are trying to say . this show never stops amazing me. and James' books show that he still has some " island" in him even though he, in this life ,was never on it. nice.

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »

because we have a thread in here about favorite lines of the night, when i was watching this scene i knew right away that Charles' quote was my fav even though it wasn't by one of our people. do you even realize how geniouse tptb are that they could find an episode somewhere to fit what they are trying to say . this show never stops amazing me. and James' books show that he still has some " island" in him even though he, in this life ,was never on it. nice.

True.. but then again it also shows what fans of Little House they were lmfao.  Seriously tho, Little House was always good for that philosophical crap we were too young to understand when it was on.  Darlton using this scene was just pure genius and I can't wait to hear how they went about using it.  Meaning which came first..the scene and finding the right show to insert or they saw the rerun of the show and said damn.. we have to use this

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »

yeah!

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 12:28:40 PM »
I actually thought it just happened to be on and James was just watching it cuz it was on. You know, like how you just turn on the TV and whatever is on happens to be on and you're too gelled out to change the station?

And that the scene that was playing caught his attention because they were talking about family, and that touched a nerve for poor James (obviously because of his own family tragedy.) And I so agree, that the line that Charles Ingalls was telling Laura was significant to what is going on..."People aren't really gone when they die. They leave all the good memories to sustain us until we see them again."

Offline muggle_born

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »
There actually was a previous episode when Sawyer says something about "Little House," and Kate laughs at him for having such a familiar term with it, and teases him.  I'm sure I could look it up if Ii didn't have other things to do.  It's always been a favorite show of his.  Remembering that, I laughed out loud last night when he was watching Little House, and missed the entire scene as I explained these same connections to my wife.