Author Topic: Liam in the Police Station  (Read 4131 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Liam in the Police Station
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »
That ass though... something else :P

Yeah, like a dude's butt maybe. LOL. Seriously though, she's what I believe Seinfeld called a twoface. There are times that you are right griz, she is really good looking. She did a shot or a spread for Maxim or FHM, or, one of those softcore T'n'A magazines where she was smoking, but then I see pictures of her, or see her in movies and it's like she looks like a failed experiment.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »
That ass though... something else :P

Yeah, like a dude's butt maybe. LOL. Seriously though, she's what I believe Seinfeld called a twoface. There are times that you are right griz, she is really good looking. She did a shot or a spread for Maxim or FHM, or, one of those softcore T'n'A magazines where she was smoking, but then I see pictures of her, or see her in movies and it's like she looks like a failed experiment.
True, I've seen some pretty bad pictures of her too. Theres not really many characters on this show I really don't like I guess. Michael is definitely at the top of the list of characters I dislike the most though. You'll be happy to hear that at least haha.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »
Why does Sawyer have to be partnered up with Miles and go on a date with Charolett? If they wanted to make Sawyer a cop in LA fine, why not partner him up with Ana Lucia she was already a cop and it would have been nice to see her in a cameo. She could have been friends with some random woman to fill the role of snopping through his things.

I think it was a reference to what their relationship was for three years in the DI as la Fleur and Miles.
Like last week Ben hanging his father on the oxygentank was a reference to the gassing.
And Kate helping Claire was a reference to Aaron's birth. etc.
What relation had Sawyer to Ana Lucia? Except the sex to steal the gun?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 05:25:03 PM »
I wonder how many police stations there are in LA? For Sawyer to work at the one that Charlie was sent to is another reason I hate the sideways neighbor thing they are doing. I am sure the station closest to LAX would have picked up Charlie, looked like Sawyer worked a bit away from the airport to me.

Seriously though, this is Lost. How many times have we seen the characters have interconnected lives even before these sideflashes?
-Desmond gets his boat from Libby, who also was in the SRMI with Hurley.
-Sayid is trained by Kelvin who then goes to the Island to press the button with Desmond
-Sayid meets Kate's dad in Iraq
-Sawyer and Christian have a drink in the same bar in Australia
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The list goes on and on and on. It seems kind of late to start complaining about the 6 degrees of seperation of Lost characters. For me, I use an overly simplistic answer...fate.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 06:07:44 PM »
I don't know if homeland security would be called, but surely immigration would be, right ?
wouldn't he be transferred to an immigration holding facility and then shipped out of the country ?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 01:21:39 AM »
I wonder how many police stations there are in LA? For Sawyer to work at the one that Charlie was sent to is another reason I hate the sideways neighbor thing they are doing. I am sure the station closest to LAX would have picked up Charlie, looked like Sawyer worked a bit away from the airport to me.

Seriously though, this is Lost. How many times have we seen the characters have interconnected lives even before these sideflashes?
-Sayid is trained by Kelvin who then goes to the Island to press the button with Desmond
etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

The list goes on and on and on. It seems kind of late to start complaining about the 6 degrees of seperation of Lost characters. For me, I use an overly simplistic answer...fate.
yeah I'd like to see the show where all the Losties NEVER run into each other, and there are NO connections in each scene wouldn't that make a lovely show ::)

It's like ANY movie, you watch and say, "what are the chances of that really happening?" well the chances are pretty darn great!! IN A MOVIE! sheesh it's a show!!!

But in reality to some earlier posts, I'm guessing LA County would be like any other county in the US, the county maintains prisoners...LAPD makes cases in the city...homeland security could have their own facilities, but may still use the county facilities to hold their prisoners..now are they at the same location? could be...it is possible to have a city PD and a county jail in the same building in large cities, so that is a possiblity...is this the REAL LA? No, it's a movie...
Now Liam, as worldly as he may be, may be at the wrong place to begin with...just a few thoughts....

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 02:54:11 AM »
I know nothing about police procedure but I was wondering if Charlie's incident occurring on a plane would put this as a homeland security issue and therefore he would be more likely to be taken to a federal facility? It could be that he would need to be processed at a local station before taken in and I'm just ignorant but I was wondering if anyone was more informed than I....
The FBI has a small office at LAX.  The agents there might be involved in a drug case.  They handle just about every other crime that happens on a plane. 
Here's a link to the crimes the FBI investigates.  164 is crime aboard an aircraft.

http://www.newstrench.com/03secret/0categories.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 03:00:43 AM by Sweet Old Lady »

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 03:07:07 AM »
I know nothing about police procedure but I was wondering if Charlie's incident occurring on a plane would put this as a homeland security issue and therefore he would be more likely to be taken to a federal facility? It could be that he would need to be processed at a local station before taken in and I'm just ignorant but I was wondering if anyone was more informed than I....
The FBI has a small office at LAX.  The agents there might be involved in a drug case.  They handle just about every other crime that happens on a plane. 
Here's a link to the crimes the FBI investigates.  164 is crime aboard an aircraft.

http://www.newstrench.com/03secret/0categories.html
It is true they do handle the case, but as for the prisoners, there arent many holding facilities that keep the arrested...maybe detained persons, not yet charged with a crime...but all Sheriffs of a county, their main job is the running and maintaining of a jail...most all crimes commited, county state or federal would be held there at the county jail...now there are federal facilities that do hold prisoners, but its not the norm...why maintain a holding facility when you have a county that already provides the same service, it's just not economically viable for the fed gov to do that...

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 05:48:08 AM »

It is true they do handle the case, but as for the prisoners, there arent many holding facilities that keep the arrested...maybe detained persons, not yet charged with a crime...but all Sheriffs of a county, their main job is the running and maintaining of a jail...most all crimes commited, county state or federal would be held there at the county jail...now there are federal facilities that do hold prisoners, but its not the norm...why maintain a holding facility when you have a county that already provides the same service, it's just not economically viable for the fed gov to do that...
He would be detained at the Metropolitan Detention Center in downtown LA.  Los Angeles has many facilities that most cities don't have.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:50:02 AM by Sweet Old Lady »

Offline Bradislost09

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »

etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

yeah I'd like to see the show where all the Losties NEVER run into each other, and there are NO connections in each scene wouldn't that make a lovely show ::)

It's like ANY movie, you watch and say, "what are the chances of that really happening?" well the chances are pretty darn great!! IN A MOVIE! sheesh it's a show!!!

But in reality to some earlier posts, I'm guessing LA County would be like any other county in the US, the county maintains prisoners...LAPD makes cases in the city...homeland security could have their own facilities, but may still use the county facilities to hold their prisoners..now are they at the same location? could be...it is possible to have a city PD and a county jail in the same building in large cities, so that is a possiblity...is this the REAL LA? No, it's a movie...
Now Liam, as worldly as he may be, may be at the wrong place to begin with...just a few thoughts....

I would just like to point out the irony of you saying "It's a show" and then trying to explain the police station.  Made me laugh.