Author Topic: So Was Christian Really The MIB?  (Read 4975 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: So Was Christian Really The MIB?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 10:26:17 AM »
He can't leave The Island until the last Candidate has been crossed off the list.

Offline LovDom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »
He can't leave The Island until the last Candidate has been crossed off the list.
Sounds right, that would be nice rules to play a game.

I think most of the time Christian was a dream or a hallucination. There's been lot of death/who arn't suppose to be there people seen again. Walt, Charlie, Christian, a Horse, Ben's Mother (which I think is MIB), Libby, Ana Lucia. And it's not only the special people who seem them, although Boone said Shannon was Special. So yes, at times MIB might have been Christian. Like when Claire decides to follow him and leave Aaron behind never to return again.

Maybe Locke put his special 'medicine' on everyone. And now they are all seeing there greatest fears. ;)

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 08:45:45 PM »
Would MIB/Smokey and/or what or whoever Christian is be Dave, either off or on island version? Off island he tried to get Hurley out of SRMH, on the island he tried to get him to walk off the edge of a cliff.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
serioulsy each epi we discuss christian/mib   or mib/christian
folks eventually if the writers/producers do not flesh this out the same angry mob that chased Frankenstien will be haunting the words they write. Continuity has been an issue for a long time with the show so open your hearts and let the lack on continuity pass, like gas

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2010, 08:06:02 AM »
I've been thinking about who was actually in the cabin in the earlier seasons.  All along I thought it was Jacob.  But since the ash and all and how they put it around the temple to keep MIB out is it possible that MIB was the one in the cabin and the ash was there to keep him in.  But I still don't get how Ben could have set him loose on Keamy and how he get him back to wherever he stayed. 

And if it was actually the MIB in the cabin it would make more sense because he could take the appearance of someone who had died like Christian.  And so far we don't know if this is something Jacob can actually do - take on the appearance of someone else.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2010, 01:14:50 AM »
Lots of good stuff here, thanks for chiming in :)

As for whether or not MIB was the one in the cabin early on: the ash kept him in the cabin because he's really Smokie, but wasn't Smokie outside the cabin at that time as well?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2010, 08:56:08 PM »
I've been thinking about who was actually in the cabin in the earlier seasons.  All along I thought it was Jacob.  But since the ash and all and how they put it around the temple to keep MIB out is it possible that MIB was the one in the cabin and the ash was there to keep him in.  But I still don't get how Ben could have set him loose on Keamy and how he get him back to wherever he stayed. 

And if it was actually the MIB in the cabin it would make more sense because he could take the appearance of someone who had died like Christian.  And so far we don't know if this is something Jacob can actually do - take on the appearance of someone else.

Smokey was free from the day the Losties arrived.  Not sure who was in the cabin and perhaps it was MIB's crazy mother!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  or there are two smokies

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 09:04:19 AM »
Lots of good stuff here, thanks for chiming in :)

As for whether or not MIB was the one in the cabin early on: the ash kept him in the cabin because he's really Smokie, but wasn't Smokie outside the cabin at that time as well?
I believe I've said this in another thread but my theory is that MIB's "soul" or essence was separated from his physical essence (Smokey) and was trapped inside the cabin so that he could not take on a human form. I think he needed the two parts together (the physical and spiritual) to be able to inhabit a human host, which turned out to be Locke. I was discussing this with opgelost and she brought up a good point that kind of pokes a hole in my theory. Manifestations we've seen, such as Yemi, occurred while whoever was in the cabin was still in there. But what I'm thinking is that Smokey could project images of people that are in the memories of whoever he scans. So he scans Eko's memories and is able to project the image of Yemi. But he couldn't physically touch Eko or anything for that matter since he was just an image or projection. Once he was able to get his two pieces back together however, he was able to inhabit the body of John Locke upon its return to the island.

Now I would like to iterate that this is just a theory I have. There are holes in it, I know, but I seriously don't think we're going to get answers to questions like this so its up to us to sort of fill in the blanks in whatever way seems feasible to us.