Author Topic: So Was Christian Really The MIB?  (Read 7026 times)

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: So Was Christian Really The MIB?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »
I think he can if he puts on Christian's shoes.
Something of Christian had to be given to Locke. Eloise said it was to recreate the crash.
But MIB kept them dry and safe in his bag when he went from the little island to the main island.
I think he needs them to change into Christian when he will finally meet Jack.

Offline jacobsdaughter

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »
I will never ever believe until they spell it out that Christian is with MIB. 
I always get this eerie calm when Christian is around just like with Jacob.  I understand that my gut feel is not a good place to go off of but it is all I have on this show. 

Offline beanblog

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »
The best point (IMO) you made was that Christian wanted Locke to bring everyone back. MIB knows about Jacob's want for candidates. And he knows the names of said candidates. So why would he try to get the candidates back there if he just wanted to leave the island. Good thoughts man, good thoughts.
Or, MIB sent Locke to bring Ben back...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 08:04:44 PM »
I've been saying for a year now that there are two Christians, which is why we've seen him wearing two outfits.  There has to be a reason for the wardrobe differences.  Maybe Jacob and MIB both impersonate him or maybe only one of them impersonates one Christian while the other is legitimately an undead Christian.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »
The assumption is that he was...that every manifestation of a human being was smokie doing his thing. But there are some inconsistencies (kinda):

- Christian appeared in the cabin with Claire right after she disappeared. When asked about Aaron, Locke was told "He's where he is supposed to be" (or words to that effect). Claire seemed completely content with that knowledge. Now, however, MIB is saying that Claire was unhinged due to not knowing what happened to Aaron, and he told her the people in the temple had him to "give her something to hate". If that was really MIB as Christian in the cabin with Claire, why did he calm her so much and reassure her about Aaron being "where he's supposed to be", then later tell her that basically Aaron is NOT "where he's supposed to be" and fester her anger and hate?
this is a rhetorical question correct?  he appears as her father to gain her trust and then both her father and MIB tell her the child was taken.  I do not beleve she was aware of what he was saying to Locke at the time he said cause she was loopy. 
- Christian in the cabin ended up telling Locke that he had to move the island in order to save it. Yet MIB keeps telling everyone that the island doesn't NEED saving or protecting. Why would he tell Locke what to do to save the island, and then do all he could to convince everyone NOT to bother trying to save the island?

- Christian appeared to Jack early in season one, and seemed to almost guide him to the cave and fresh water, as well as show him that his coffin was empty. Why would MIB want to aid and assist Jack in any way by posting as Christian?

- MIB keeps saying that he just wants to leave the island. Yet Christian appeared to Jack off the island, while in the lobby of the hospital, as well as to Michael on the boat. If MIB can leave the island to pose as Christian, then what's keeping him from leaving the island now?

- When Christian appeared to Locke after he fell down the well and told him to turn the "donkey wheel", he mentioned to locke to "tell my son hello" (can't remember if he said this on camera or off). Once Locke is off the island and ends up in a car crash, he is taken to Jack's hospital, which Locke considered fate. While trying to convince Jack to return to the island, and Jack is severely blowing him off, Locke says "Your father says hello". He then goes on to tell Jack that he said his name was Christian, etc, etc. If Christian was really MIB, why would he be giving instructions to Locke to help him get Jack back to the island? I'd think he'd want to keep Jack away from the island, especially seeing how Jacob wants him there.

- Christian told Locke he has to turn the donkey wheel in order to leave the island and get everyone to return--basically, to get all the candidates back on the island. But who has his men waiting there for Locke the split second he is "transported" back off the island? Widmore. It's as if "Christian" sent Locke deliberately back to Widmore. Yet as we saw in today's episode Widmore and MIB are on opposite sides. So did Widmore somehow "know" Locke would eventually appear there, or did "Christian" tip him off to Locke's arrival in order for Widmore and his men to protect Locke from dying (as Widmore said he was intent on doing)? MIB needed Locke to return dead, though...so why would he send Locke into Widmore's waiting and protective arms?

- Why would MIB be helping Sun find Jin? In the episode "Namaste", Christian appeared to be helping and guiding Sun in her quest to find Jin. And as he's talking to her you can faintly see some dark "fog" enter the room in the background. If Christian was/is the MIB 1) why would he be helping Sun, and 2) why would smoke enter the room after he's already taken Christian's form?

MIB as Christian seemed to be doing almost everything in complete contradiction to what MIB as Locke is doing. So is it possible that Christian is someone/something else altogether?

honestly if you are thinking that this being is logical you are wrong.  MIB used these as opportunities to get where he is today in Locke's body to do his bidding.  He was checking out the people from the start to see who would be the right one.  He took advantage of Christian's body to do what he needed.  It has also been noted that Jacob has not appeared as any other character.  Which I take to be that he was always Jacob and not Christian, a horse, Ben's Mom etc.

If MIB was nasty,mean and cruel do you think people would wan tto be with him.  Even if he is evil incarnate he is not going to get a team of folks together if he is acting all Smokey like.  He kills them with kindess and dreamsof what may come.  He taps thir achiles heel to get what he wants.  He played to Locke being the hero, go save teh island bring them back.  They had to be back here for things to happen. 

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 11:43:16 PM »
When Christian appeared to junkie Jack at the hospital, he set off the SMOKE detector.
Excellent thread.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 07:09:32 AM »
When Christian appeared to junkie Jack at the hospital, he set off the SMOKE detector.
Excellent thread.
Brilliant observation.  In that scene Christian was wearing a suit and glow-in-the-dark white shoes.  MIB or not MIB?  I think not MIB. 

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 08:28:31 AM »
Excellent thread.
Brilliant observation.  In that scene Christian was wearing a suit and glow-in-the-dark white shoes.  MIB or not MIB?  I think not MIB. 

I don't know if Christian appearing off island is the same as Christian appearing on Island.    All of the on island appearances support that he was the MIB manipulating to get Locke's body.    It could have been Jack's imagination or even the real Christian's ghost that appeared to Jack.     Kind of like how Claire in Kate's dream isn't in sync with Island Claire.   

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 10:47:33 AM »
Excellent thread.

Great catch on the smoke detector.  This whole thread has me thinking in a new direction.  Really great thread.  I've always thought Jacob was Christian.  Now I'm not so sure.  And again this all goes back to the question I keep asking myself - what's keeping MIB from leaving the island now?

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 10:58:19 AM »
Great catch on the smoke detector.  This whole thread has me thinking in a new direction.  Really great thread.  I've always thought Jacob was Christian.  Now I'm not so sure.  And again this all goes back to the question I keep asking myself - what's keeping MIB from leaving the island now?
No boat?

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
I really think it's more than not having a boat.  Ben and others have been able to leave the island.  MIB wants to leave the island but first he must do or make something happen so he can go.  Afterall (as I posted in another thread) he's already shown he can do things like miraculously remove Ben's leg clamp, so why doesn't he just create what he needs and leave the island.  There's more to it than that I think.  I get the feeling he's got to finish something (manipulate someone into doing something that will finally finish the game only he can't tell them what he's doing or why) in order for him to leave.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
What about he needs Jack?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »
Why couldn't he just go down to the Orchid and turn the wheel?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
This is all assuming that the 'home' he is trying to get back to is just somewhere off the island.  I don't think a boat or a plane or a sub is going to get him where he wants to go.  Think outside the proverbial 'box'.  OK, can of worms open.......discuss.... ::)

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 08:20:57 AM »
This is all assuming that the 'home' he is trying to get back to is just somewhere off the island.  I don't think a boat or a plane or a sub is going to get him where he wants to go.  Think outside the proverbial 'box'.  OK, can of worms open.......discuss.... ::)
No this must be right. Otherwise, like I said, he could just go turn the wheel and go from there. But he does keep saying he used to be man, had a mother just like everybody else, etc. So yeah, where the eff is he going?!? Is he lying to Sawyer about getting him and the rest of them off the island then?