Author Topic: Who killed the folks on the Hydra island?  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Who killed the folks on the Hydra island?
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:59:36 AM »
There's a big part of me that wants to say "not Widmore or his people."  If that is true, does that only leave MiB?  It didn't seem like they had a bunch of bullet holes in them (or any blood whatsoever).

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Who killed the folks on the Hydra island?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:38:44 AM »
There's a big part of me that wants to say "not Widmore or his people."  If that is true, does that only leave MiB?  It didn't seem like they had a bunch of bullet holes in them (or any blood whatsoever).

my 2 cents: MIB.

Offline rlong871

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »
Widmore's goons.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:59:21 AM »
Yeah, I'd say Widmore's peeps. Reason? Because they were all shot. Zoey asked Sawyer if they had guns because the people who killed them might come back. Now, I know she was lying to him but another reason is because MIB sent Sawyer over there to do recon on the people from the Ajira flight. Meaning, he figured they were still alive.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:16:28 AM »
Well, Smokey killed people who didn't regret. He always kill people ONLY AFTER they assume they have no regrets for their doings.
I don't see the people of Ajira fitting on that.
Of course Smokey already done an onslaught, but all the people on the temple fit on the not regretting and standing position thing.

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:27:32 AM »
I thought it was obvious that it was Smokey especially at the end of the show when Sawyer returned and made the comment about not really going there to check on the Ajira passengers.  The look Fake Locke gave him had me believe he knew they were dead and the real purpose was for Sawyer to scope out Widmore and his guys.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »
The other thing that MiB said that could tie in is that he told Kate that it was kill or be killed.  Seems like he wouldn't be against killing random folks.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:03 PM »
I am not so convinced that it was smokey.  Certainly it could have been but remember Widmore sent the freighter to kill everyone on the island except Ben.  The mercs didn't finish the job, now Widmore is there in person to finish it himself.  Also, when would Smokey have done it?  He'd have needed to either have a) done it before he and Ben left hydra island (when Ben was going to the temple to be judged) or b) gone back to hydra island afterwards, done the deed, then came back to the main island.  I'm guessing smokey cannot traverse water like that, so he' dhave needed to take one of the boats, something likely to be noticed by everyone else.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »
This thread title was my biggest question.  I thought they looked like Smokey victims and Tina Fey and her IT department with guns had just found them. 

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »
This thread title was my biggest question.  I thought they looked like Smokey victims and Tina Fey and her IT department with guns had just found them. 

:D :D :D @ Tina Fey comment! I was thinking the same thing and for a quick second I really thought it was her!!!!

I thought it was Smokey too and then thought maybe it was Widmore's gang? Wait, who were all those people. Were they the Ajira Peeps? Right?  Help me people. I have a Kokonut for a head so it's hard to retain things.  I thought maybe Widmore's gang killed all the Ajira peeps. But then it could have been Smokey. But how could Smokey get over there? Did he go over there? 

Yeah. I'm not helping this thread.   ::)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »

:D :D :D @ Tina Fey comment! I was thinking the same thing and for a quick second I really thought it was her!!!!

I thought it was Smokey too and then thought maybe it was Widmore's gang? Wait, who were all those people. Were they the Ajira Peeps? Right?  Help me people. I have a Kokonut for a head so it's hard to retain things.  I thought maybe Widmore's gang killed all the Ajira peeps. But then it could have been Smokey. But how could Smokey get over there? Did he go over there? 

LOL  That's exactly why I asked the question, KoKo... my head was spinning like your's!  ;D

The interesting thing about Widmore's history of sending the boat with mercenaries is that he commented to Sawyer that he really doesn't understand what was going on.  Of course, if he was trying to manipulate Sawyer, he might have very well said the same thing, but Lost sometimes reveals major things slowly like that... as if Widmore really wasn't sending the mercenaries to just kill everyone on the island (maybe a necessary evil).

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 02:12:12 PM »
i honestly didn't think there were that many people on the ajira flight!

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 02:36:54 PM »

LOL  That's exactly why I asked the question, KoKo... my head was spinning like your's!  ;D

The interesting thing about Widmore's history of sending the boat with mercenaries is that he commented to Sawyer that he really doesn't understand what was going on.  Of course, if he was trying to manipulate Sawyer, he might have very well said the same thing, but Lost sometimes reveals major things slowly like that... as if Widmore really wasn't sending the mercenaries to just kill everyone on the island (maybe a necessary evil).
So the Losties were just sorta in the way then? Or maybe the Evil he speaks of is MIB and maybe he assumed that ALL the Losites were infected and that in order to play it safe, KILL EVERYBODY.   

And as jodeci says, I didn't think there were that many ppl on Ajira either. Where the heck did those people come from?  Ugh!!!!

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »
There were still quite a few people left behind on the Hydra island after Ben / Locke left. Did they take the last boat or was there another one? Can't remember.

Offline Bradislost09

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
I just want to throw another possibility out there.  The "What lies in the shadow of the statue group killed them".  Iliana etc..  Remember when she smacked Lapidus with the gun and the other guy was surprised?  He asked "Do you think he is a canidate or something?"  Maybe he was surprised that she did not kill him like he did the others.  It was probably MIB but this is another thought.