Author Topic: Who killed the folks on the Hydra island?  (Read 6403 times)

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Who killed the folks on the Hydra island?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »
I thought they just died in the planecrash.

Offline spencer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 04:50:09 PM »
ok, the bodies had no gunshot wounds and were dragged and piled up.
That's all we know.
If Widmore's goons did it, why would they just shoot them?
If MIB did it, maybe they witnessed something that MIB wanted to keep secret?
We'll get an answer soon.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »
There's a big part of me that wants to say "not Widmore or his people."  If that is true, does that only leave MiB?  It didn't seem like they had a bunch of bullet holes in them (or any blood whatsoever).
I think NEITHER.
There are lots of human footprints where the bodies were dragged.
ROTTING bodies, that must have take a lot more time to be that way than Widmore is on Hidra Island.
I don't really know if there is not gunshot wounds, but one thing they HAVEN'T: Blunt and trauma marks Smokey always leave on his victims.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »
When Smokey did his big panover at the beginning of the episode a couple of weeks ago, didn't they show him fly over Hydra island and over the water?

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »
When Smokey did his big panover at the beginning of the episode a couple of weeks ago, didn't they show him fly over Hydra island and over the water?

I couldn't remember, so I asked my friend and she confirms that yes, Smokey did pan over Hydra. So there ya go.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »
Smokey killed them!

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 09:57:05 PM »

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 10:21:02 PM »

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 09:06:25 AM »
So why did MIB send Sawyer over there for recon if he knew they were all dead. And he definitely did not know Widmore was there because when he sends Sawyer over there he specifically mentions the Ajira passengers wanting to do them harm. Also, when Sawyer comes back and tells him there's a guy over there by the name of Widmore, MIB looks really surprised and goes "Charles Widmore?". SO, I don't think Smokey killed them personally. But, you never know.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »
So why did MIB send Sawyer over there for recon if he knew they were all dead. And he definitely did not know Widmore was there because when he sends Sawyer over there he specifically mentions the Ajira passengers wanting to do them harm. Also, when Sawyer comes back and tells him there's a guy over there by the name of Widmore, MIB looks really surprised and goes "Charles Widmore?". SO, I don't think Smokey killed them personally. But, you never know.

Smokey Lies! HE LIES!!!!!!! IT"S ALL LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is EEEEVILLLLLLL!!!!!!

Then again, maybe it was salmonella from the plane food.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »

Sawyer said you didn't really send me over there to find passengers of that plane, did you? MIB answers no.
I don't think the name Widmore surprised him. I think MIB tried to send Ben and later send Sawyer, because
Widmore cannot kill them, like MIB can't.

Offline jefl713

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »
i dont really remember but didn't locke, prior to jacob dying, mention to ben about having to return to hydra island to take care of the other survivors of the crash? or was he simply referring to ilana's old team?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 05:12:16 PM »
I think they died of natural causes, if you can call what happened to Minkowski natural.  :)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 08:12:19 PM »

Smokey Lies! HE LIES!!!!!!! IT"S ALL LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is EEEEVILLLLLLL!!!!!!

Then again, maybe it was salmonella from the plane food.

It was a re-con.... he was conned by Locke

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 10:17:12 PM »
This is from the incident:
RICHARD: I'm this way because of Jacob. And if I had to guess, he's the reason you're not in that coffin anymore.

LOCKE: I agree completely, Richard. That's why I'm doing this. So I can thank him. [Locke picks up his backpack, placing the canteen inside it.] Once I've done that, we're gonna need to deal with the rest of the passengers from the Ajira flight that brought me here.

RICHARD: What do you mean, 'deal with them'?

LOCKE: You know what I mean.

[Richard looks at Locke, shocked.]

LOCKE: [to everyone] Let's go!

[Locke then walks off, with Richard looking after him.]

I think that Richard's question about "dealing with them" was answered when we saw the bodies on Hydra Island.  Smokie did it!