Author Topic: (almost) answer! - boat from season 5  (Read 1659 times)

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
(almost) answer! - boat from season 5
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:58:22 AM »
I think it's safe to assume that the boat that Juliet, Sawyer, Miles, Locke were shooting and being shot at while time travelling last season was filled with Widmore's guys (the "IT department"). We will probably see it in a later episode...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:24:56 AM by nomteticus »

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: (almost) answer! - boat from season 5
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:02:06 AM »
Wow, I completely forgot about that.  I kept expecting something to happen with it last season.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:06:37 AM »
Except that Juliet is dead now so she can not be on the boat to get shot at. It must of happened in a different year.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 07:23:36 AM »
Except that Juliet is dead now so she can not be on the boat to get shot at. It must of happened in a different year.
Wait, what?

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 07:33:27 AM »
yeah
 Juliet is dead

dead and buried

so that boat chase is never going to be resolved

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 08:02:37 AM »
Except to solve that mystery we only have to see people taking 2 canoes with Ajira Water to a beach, coming back to find one going away, and then those people getting in the other and shooting the fleeing one, that vanishes in the air.
The fact Juliet is dead in the present of the people that shoots have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with her past self stealing a canoe in the time jumps.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 08:06:59 AM »
"You're not thinking 4th dimensionaly Marty."

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 08:56:08 AM »
It doesn't matter who's dead or alive now. Sawyer, Miles, John and Juliet from 2004 (all alive) flashed to 2007, where there's also the present version of themselves: Locke is dead, so is Juliet, Miles is on the beach and Sawyer is with MIB. So as they were rowing their boat, another one appears behind shooting at them, and since Sawyer and Miles are still alive to remember the incident I don't think Team Locke or Team Jacob would do all the shooting, therefore it has to be team Widmore.
That's what time travel does to a story...

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 11:08:38 AM »

Possibly the first time I've disagreed with Jugdish...wow. Daniel Faraday was shot in 1977 but he was on the freighter, he was the same age on the 50's. Also remember Sawyer seeing Kate helping deliver Aaron while the "real" Kate was in 1997 in LA. I think Juliet can be dead and buried while also temporarily appearing in 2007 due to the flash from the 50's or whenever she was flashing from.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
OH SNAP JUG!! Good thing you're a teacher, BECAUSEYOUJUSTGOTSCHOOLED!!!!!

Oh, and as to the original post, yeah, that's a good point. I know I would have remembered it when I saw it, but I haven't thought about that in a minute.