Author Topic: Miles...Charlotte...and his dad  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Miles...Charlotte...and his dad
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 03:13:56 AM »
Yes, she looked in the top drawer on the right and there were no t-shirts there.  I know men can't keep track of their socks, but do they have the same problem with their t-shirts?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 07:40:23 AM »
Okay, here's a theory.  She was snooping through his drawers intentionally.  Sure she works with Pierre Chang at the museum, but her quirky colleague Dan Faraday encouraged her to go do some "recon" on this James Ford guy.  Far-fetched, I know.
If this wasn't the last season with only 8 episodes left I would totaly be on board with this.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 08:18:55 AM »
This goes back to a theory I've been holding onto.

Even though we were meant to believe the timeline split at the Incident in 1977, we are being set up for a twist, and the alternate timeline is really something else. Perhaps it is the effects of what happens after the grand finale.
I have been saying that the split is maybe years after Jughead since the première. And developing the idea of another time travel causing it along the weeks.
Now it's interesting that Miles have a father in dimension X. That would mean Dharma was shut down for good, and Chang didn't had to stay behind for 15 years.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »
I thought it was a little harsh for Sawyer to kick her out after finding his little book. Could have made for some good pillow talk.

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 09:32:44 AM »
At one point in the the date, Sawyer says something, I can't remember what now, but then Charlotte turns to him and says, "James, you know" and gives him a weird look...

Did anyone else notice this?

Considering the next shot was of them getting in on wasn't that what she meant?  That's how I took it.

Speaking of which... That was kinda hot.  Then again anything to get Josh undressed is fine in my  book

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 09:42:25 AM »
I know she was SUPPOSED to be looking for a t-shirt, but she seemed to be on a mission searching for something.  Didn't like her at all!

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »

I wanted to say in my earlier post that Miles' comment about his Dad went right over my head.  I'm going to assume it is Chang and that it was throwaway line to let the fans know he grew up with his father in his life

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »

I wanted to say in my earlier post that Miles' comment about his Dad went right over my head.  I'm going to assume it is Chang and that it was throwaway line to let the fans know he grew up with his father in his life

I believe also it was a throwaway line to say his father is in his life. It's like Jack's son, we know now he has a son but I don't think that story will go further.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 06:38:16 PM »
Well, I noticed The name plate on Miles' desk said Miles Straume ! So if it's his real Dad that Charlotte works with then why not chang? hmmmm. interesting.

Offline spencer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »
Miles' mom was Lara; maybe Straume is her maiden name, and Miles took it.
But since Charlotte came from the same museum as his dad, he must have a
good relationship with his dad.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »
Charlottes an anthropologist in original time...and an archeologist in the new timeline...

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 04:51:44 PM »
the writers just screwed up like they did with Sayid's nationality

Sayid Is Iraqi in the original and Iranian in the alt