Author Topic: Miles...Charlotte...and his dad  (Read 5452 times)

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Miles...Charlotte...and his dad
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:15:59 AM »
Miles tells Ford(sawyer) that he has a date tonight with a girl that works at the mesuam with his DAD.

The date turns out to be Charlotte (she was real tough to get into the sack btw) but not so important.

Why I bring it up is that he said his dad....

Now does he mean Pierre Chang? And if so what does that tell us about the Island? About the incident?

Or Chang is dead and his mom remarried someone else.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Miles...Charlotte...and his dad
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
Miles tells Ford(sawyer) that he has a date tonight with a girl that works at the mesuam with his DAD.

The date turns out to be Charlotte (she was real tough to get into the sack btw) but not so important.

Now does he mean Pierre Chang? And if so what does that tell us about the Island? About the incident?

This being Lost, I'd assume it was Pierre Chang.  What does it tell us?  Given Roger & Ben's conversation last week, not much.  I mean, we know there was a Dharma Initiative in the alt. timeline, and we know that at least Ben and his Dad left the Island.  Not at all surprising that Miles and Pierre aren't there anymore either, if they were even on the island to begin with.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 12:22:03 AM »
So I guess why is the Island underwater?

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:32:36 AM »
At one point in the the date, Sawyer says something, I can't remember what now, but then Charlotte turns to him and says, "James, you know" and gives him a weird look...

Did anyone else notice this?

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:33:32 AM »
maybe this time around he left with his wife and son, rather than sticking behind.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:46:49 AM »

This being Lost, I'd assume it was Pierre Chang.  What does it tell us?  Given Roger & Ben's conversation last week, not much.  I mean, we know there was a Dharma Initiative in the alt. timeline, and we know that at least Ben and his Dad left the Island.  Not at all surprising that Miles and Pierre aren't there anymore either, if they were even on the island to begin with.
I'm thinking along these lines as well, but I learned a long time ago not to assume anything when it comes to LOST.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:53:53 AM »
Related question. Do you think when Charlotte was "looking for a t-shirt" was she really looking for a t-shirt or did she have reasons that she wanted to go through his stuff? It seemed to me she was using the t-shirt thing as an excuse to go through his stuff, but why?

Was she just being a nosy girl? Or did she have other reasons she wanted to check out his stuff?

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 01:02:13 AM »
just a shirt

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 01:08:34 AM »
Related question. Do you think when Charlotte was "looking for a t-shirt" was she really looking for a t-shirt or did she have reasons that she wanted to go through his stuff? It seemed to me she was using the t-shirt thing as an excuse to go through his stuff, but why?

Was she just being a nosy girl? Or did she have other reasons she wanted to check out his stuff?
Yeah, she did kind of seem like she was snooping around.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 01:24:21 AM »
then maybe we need a screenshot, cause I don't remember seeing a t shirt in the drawer
that's why I thought she was looking through the drawer

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 01:43:35 AM »
then maybe we need a screenshot, cause I don't remember seeing a t shirt in the drawer

I didn't see one either, but Sawyer told her to look there for a t-shirt.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:17 AM »
Okay, here's a theory.  She was snooping through his drawers intentionally.  Sure she works with Pierre Chang at the museum, but her quirky colleague Dan Faraday encouraged her to go do some "recon" on this James Ford guy.  Far-fetched, I know.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 02:06:45 AM »

According to Sawyer she was looking through the wrong drawer.  That's what he told Miles when Miles confronted him the next day.  That's why you didn't see a t-shirt in the drawer.

But yeah, it kind of looked like intentional snooping but who knows.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 02:20:55 AM »
he was lying to Miles
he just used that as an excuse because he didn't want to talk about his past
he said top drawer, on the right
I believe that's where she looked

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 03:12:30 AM »
This goes back to a theory I've been holding onto.

Even though we were meant to believe the timeline split at the Incident in 1977, we are being set up for a twist, and the alternate timeline is really something else. Perhaps it is the effects of what happens after the grand finale.