Author Topic: Didn't Widmore's guards look like an IT Department?  (Read 4523 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't Widmore's guards look like an IT Department?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »
Guys like Keamy 'make great eggs' and can slit a guy's throat from ear to ear, but they aren't as good with the technology stuff like setting up sonic fences to keep out smoke monsters!

Speaking of which, did I totally miss them putting up the pylons?? When Sawyer told Locke that I felt like I blacked out and missed it.

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »
Yeah, there was one really short and pudgy guy carrying a gun that looked like he didn't belong.
I think I actually said "Who is this baby faced douchebag?" When that guy game out of the jungle yelling at Sawyer.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
Yeah, there was one really short and pudgy guy carrying a gun that looked like he didn't belong.

Chip from Kate and Allie?

Too funny. As soon as I saw him I yelled "Chip from Kate and Ally!"  My husband has no clue what I'm talking about (never watched tv as a kid).  I said "I hope they don't give his character a name so I can keep calling him Chip from kate and Ally."

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 01:54:36 PM »
Guys like Keamy 'make great eggs' and can slit a guy's throat from ear to ear, but they aren't as good with the technology stuff like setting up sonic fences to keep out smoke monsters!

Speaking of which, did I totally miss them putting up the pylons?? When Sawyer told Locke that I felt like I blacked out and missed it.

You did miss it, and I tried to find a screen cap for you, but I couldn't.  It was a split second.  You must have looked into the chip bowl for the last whole one.  ;)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »

You did miss it, and I tried to find a screen cap for you, but I couldn't.  It was a split second.  You must have looked into the chip bowl for the last whole one.  ;)

But I sat there and watched the whole thing. Hm, must have just not realized that's what they were.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »

But I sat there and watched the whole thing. Hm, must have just not realized that's what they were.
Their pylons were considerably smaller than the DI's but they did look very similar in design. When I saw them I thought maybe Dharma had come back. But then I saw the sub.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 04:05:34 PM »
The sub, the pylons, there has to be some kind of significance to that I'm just over looking. Like, is that how the stuff got on the main island, or is Widmore really a member of the D.I.?? LOL WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US?!?!?!?!?!?!

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »
The sub, the pylons, there has to be some kind of significance to that I'm just over looking. Like, is that how the stuff got on the main island, or is Widmore really a member of the D.I.?? LOL WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US?!?!?!?!?!?!
Now that you mention it... it is possible that after he was banished he could have went looking for the heads of Dharma since he knows they found the island once before and can probably do it again. Maybe he even bought Dharma out.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
Now that you mention it... it is possible that after he was banished he could have went looking for the heads of Dharma since he knows they found the island once before and can probably do it again. Maybe he even bought Dharma out.

Which could explain the look of the sub (similar to the galaga if you ask me), and the fact that the pylon technology is more "compact" (I'm taking everyone's word on that though, because I totally missed them I think).

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 04:18:12 PM »

Which could explain the look of the sub (similar to the galaga if you ask me), and the fact that the pylon technology is more "compact" (I'm taking everyone's word on that though, because I totally missed them I think).
Hrmm I think we might be on to something here. But yeah, when you see them you'll know what I mean. They were definitely smaller. Not as tall at least.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »
So not tall that it is hard to imagine them keeping him out.

Offline jacobsdaughter

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 07:04:17 PM »
I kept yelling, "its the kid from Kate and Ally" and my husband kept "What's Kate and Ally".
There is a major difference being born in 1979 and 1980.  He missed a lot of stuff.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 03:00:32 PM »
Okay, I just watched the scene where they are taking Sawyer to the Sub, and saw the pylons. They were like a portable version. I must have thought that was them setting up camp or whatever.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 08:25:02 AM »
Okay, I just watched the scene where they are taking Sawyer to the Sub, and saw the pylons. They were like a portable version. I must have thought that was them setting up camp or whatever.
Yeah they're not even in the ground. They're just on those little stands. Looks like they could be knocked over fairly easily.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 09:38:11 AM »
I think they're all tech geeks who happen to be protecting themselves with guns.

I agree. I think the sonic fence is a clue. Widmore knows who the real threat is (MIB) and is using Dharma technology to protect him/get what he wants.
I'm sure these guys are the 2000's version of Dharma. They'll be all geeky and obsess over TV shows on the internet forums and use nicknames from the shows....  ::)