Author Topic: This Episode was  (Read 9685 times)

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: This Episode was
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 01:02:40 AM »
yada yada

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 01:09:34 AM »
figures thats all you have to say considering the only other threads available for this GREAT episode are
*kate holding claires hand
*whats in door number 3
*windows operating system
*it guy
*best lines of the night is barely a page long
*screen caps asks for books

so get off my nuts.. if ya love the episode then say why ya do... and ill keep saying why this will rate as the WORST episode to date.. even expose has this beat...

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 01:21:05 AM »
they've given reasons why they like this episode: plot development and it moved the story along

you just won't listen

the showdown between widmore and smokey had to be set up somehow. They could have just had them bump into each other by accident or had widmore charge into smokey's camp, but this sets up suspense.
It puts Sawyer in the middle. Does smokey know Sawyer is playing him ? Does Widmore know Sawyer is playing him ? What are widmore's intentions ? Who's side is he on: Jacob's ? his own ?  What's in the locked room ? What does widmore know about Flocke ?

It's called plot development and its a very important part of story telling.  It's what makes the final resolution so interesting.
If there's no plot, no story, no character development, then we might as well just have Michael Bay direct LOST and fill it with explosions

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 02:05:06 AM »
figures thats all you have to say considering the only other threads available for this GREAT episode are
*whats in door number 3
*it guy

so get off my nuts.. if ya love the episode then say why ya do... and ill keep saying why this will rate as the WORST episode to date.. even expose has this beat...

wow.. some people, i swear. every episode = more complaints. if you no longer like LOST then give up on it.. you post like you need permission to quit, so go ahead. my post wasn't even directed to at you first. i wasn't on nor will i ever be on your nuts.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:07:02 AM by JMart »

Offline snoopafly

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 02:09:28 AM »
I agree with JMart's sentiments -  stop watching. You won't be missed.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 02:16:47 AM »
You're looking at it wrong.  You want each individual episode to be great in itself.  Look at it as all of season 6 as one big movie.  Each episode is just one small part of the bigger picture.  Some parts of a movie are slower but still important and the end ties it all together.

I AM excited for next week!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 02:47:04 AM »
I'm done trying to convince people that this show is phenomenal and head and shoulders above anything else thats been on TV ever. If you arn't enjoying the rollercoaster ride this entire season has been, I just kinda feel sorry for you. I'm getting massive enjoyment out of each episode, and I'm not going to try to convince anyone to agree with me.

Now, did this episode have the amazing acting performances of last week, or the awesome revelations of the week before? Not really. However, it was a bridge that moved the story along. It fleshed out the new major 3rd player in the rumble in the jungle, showing us Widmore's crew.

So, either you are ripping on the show as not meeting your expectations, or you are eating up every scene. Personally, I'm having alot more fun being the latter.

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 03:20:32 AM »
heres a thought...go **** yaself... my opinions mine... ill keep watching and ill probably find a better forum than this one considering its been dead for years... but im having too much fun reading the IT theory!

Good luck trying to find a better LOST forum... All they do is bicker and argue on most of the others... oh well, I guess you'll fit right in there... have fun!  ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 03:24:33 AM »
Guys, seriously, lets not get personal here. We'll leave that type of forum bickering to the 12 year olds on the video game forums. When it degrades into ad hominum attacks, everybody loses.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:44:59 AM by CaseyMac »

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 03:45:59 AM »
*whats in door number 3
*it guy

Seriously, I'm sorry you can't appreciate good storytelling, but please, take it to the playground. Would you know a good book if it was slammed shut on your nuts? Doubt it.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 03:52:54 AM »
I thought it was a great episode, maybe one of the best of the season in terms of character development. The keyword here was confruntation:
 - between Sawyer and Miles (mirroring their 3 year old friendship)
 - between Kate and Claire (cathartic rage followed by redemption)
 - between MIB/Locke and just about everyone - Claire, Sawyer, Kate
 - between Widmore and Sawyer (wouldn't have mind if Sawyer would have asked W. more questions, but he didn't really care)
 - between Sawyer and Charlotte (OK, we didn't really need that one, but it was fun)

What I liked about this episode is that people finally started talking to eachother, and they all stayed in character. Sawyer was the same conman we all love, Kate was circumspect to Locke just like she has always been, and expecting protection from Sayid (they always had a big brother - little sister type of relationship). Mad Claire was a cross between old Claire and Rousseau and Sayid is obviously not himself, but that is to be expected. All the dialogue exchanges were logical (unlike other times). The Temple people did want to know what happened to the others and they were scared and confused, not just acting like the usual redshirts.

And I liked the off-island stuff and I don't think they're just throwing us the character connections for no reason, just to make Charlotte appear or something. Claire-Kate-Sawyer-Miles-Charlie-Charlotte, Sayid-Jin and Locke-Ben-Arzt seem to be the current connections, but I suppose they will all be reunited by the end of the season in the flashsideways world, and there will be a good reason for that, not just coincidences. Or at least that's what I think they want to do.

I had my moment of frustration during episodes 4-6, since I didn't like the way they were reinventing the story of the numbers, but now I have faith that the show is going in the right direction. And the Richard centric episode is just around the corner.

And we did get a few hints as to the intentions of Widmore, and it seems to blow up the Jacob good MIB evil stereotype, since he seems more evil than both of them. And we did get one hint to an answer: who was in the boat that Juliet shot in season 5, as the answer seems to be Widmore's men.

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 03:55:52 AM »
The problem here is that some people expect payoff with no setup, which would be EXTREMELY disappointing if it actually played out that way. Come on, this may be the last season, but it's still an entire SEASON - it's a chapter unto itself. There's a story arc here, and it requires setup just like any other season/chapter. This just happens to be the one that draws the story to conclusion. Ever read a book? The resolution tends to happen in the last few pages... I just want to go on record here as saying I hope this ambiguity continues until the very last episode, just to weed out the F*CKNUTS who don't have the patience that true art requires. Suck it. Spiteful? yes! In fact, I hope it cuts to black at the end.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 07:19:41 AM »
Enough of the personal attacks. Just discuss the post, not the person. These types of attacks are not acceptable here at SWLS. People are allowed their opinions. Discuss your thoughts and keep it clean.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:08:00 PM by Jugdish »

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 07:40:13 AM »
... What I liked about this episode is that people finally started talking to eachother, .....

wow, I totally disagree with that
I was practically yelling at the screen at Kate, "Ask Claire where she went ! Ask her why she left Aaron alone in the woods !"

any normal person would have been yelling at Claire in defense after being attacked for SAVING her freaking son !
"I had to take him ! You left him alone in the woods ! What is wrong with you ? Where did you go !"

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 08:03:08 AM »
I am sorry to say this again this week but, I am really hating everyone being neighbors. It's like the producers said we only have 13 episodes left and the entire fanbase will bitch if we don't do a flash sideways covering all of the people who have ever been on the show. OK lets jam in 5 characters per episode, that should cover it. That should keep everyone happy, except for that one guy who bitches about it :P