Author Topic: This Episode was  (Read 6775 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: This Episode was
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »
^ Thats funny you mention Modern Warfare. Thats been my game of choice lately, and this thread was totally feeling like that. (stupid noob tube, shotty is overpowered, hax0r, etc.)

As for people's feelings about the side-flashes, I totally understand. I think we all have this general feeling of, "what the hell are we exactly seeing here?"

We know the characters, but they are tweaked, and we have no idea of the story or where they are heading. All that together seems to just be confusing us. I'm pretty darn certain that by the end it will all make sense.

TPTB have yet to let us down, they've had this season generally planned for awhile, and they will come through for us.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »
i think the reason they are having SO many people in the flash sideways cross paths is just to show that even without the island, their lives are still connected. even it at times it may seem corny.
Bingo.  TPTB aren't just making in convenient that everyone seems to live in LA.  They are saying that it is their destiny to be intertwined with everyone.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 02:52:33 PM »
I have said it before and I will say it again:  TPTB are just loading the bases.  The Grand Slam is coming.  Have faith, my friends.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
I have said it before and I will say it again:  TPTB are just loading the bases.  The Grand Slam is coming.  Have faith, my friends.

That sums it up for me, thanks!  ...............Hotdog, please!

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 09:37:01 PM »
Wow let me clarify.  I just started a thread to hear your rants and raves about the episode.  Me personally, I could have missed this episode and never missed a beat.  Sure, it was a filler and I love what BrianisLost's point was in that they are just loading the bases.  I know there has to be a grand slam left in them.  I just don't want to leave those base runners stranded.  I just feel that we are walking on eggshells with who's on who's side. 

Anyone who wants to complain about why I started this thread needs to take a step back before they rip everyone a new one.  We are all fans & I've been here for a very long time.  In order to have a good series you'll have realists, skeptics, and trolls that bash.  Just play nice show some common courtesy and share your feelings in a civil manner.

Thanks to anyone who shared there likes, dislikes, and opened anyones mind to change the way they felt about the episode.  My first impression was not necessarily my last.

PPWI 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »
Wow let me clarify.  I just started a thread to hear your rants and raves about the episode.  Me personally, I could have missed this episode and never missed a beat.  Sure, it was a filler and I love what BrianisLost's point was in that they are just loading the bases.  I know there has to be a grand slam left in them.  I just don't want to leave those base runners stranded.  I just feel that we are walking on eggshells with who's on who's side. 

Anyone who wants to complain about why I started this thread needs to take a step back before they rip everyone a new one.  We are all fans & I've been here for a very long time.  In order to have a good series you'll have realists, skeptics, and trolls that bash.  Just play nice show some common courtesy and share your feelings in a civil manner.

Thanks to anyone who shared there likes, dislikes, and opened anyones mind to change the way they felt about the episode.  My first impression was not necessarily my last.

PPWI 

Wow! People from Wisconsin sure do make sense.
I agree 100%

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »
Wow let me clarify.  I just started a thread to hear your rants and raves about the episode.  Me personally, I could have missed this episode and never missed a beat. 

Not missed a beat? Are you sure?

Before this episode, I for one was wondering...
- when Claire would go psycho-killer on Kate
- what Locke's reaction would be
- how far off the deep end was Sayid
- where the sub was going and how many people were in it
- what was the twist in Sawyer's alt timeline
- is Sawyer with MIB or just pulling a long con
- whats up with the rest of the Ajira passengers

Those are just a few reveals we got this episode. (of course I have tons more questions that havn't been answered yet)

Don't get me wrong, I don't think EVERY episode needs to be the holy snot best ever, but saying this episode could just be skipped over kind of does an injustice to it in my very humble opinion. I will say that this was the first episode this season with a really pedestrian ending. Yeah, it was revealed that Sawyer is just playing both sides, but the way it was done didn't give me an OMG moment like the rest of this season has.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »

PPWI 
Well said, PPWI.  Come around more often!!!!!!!

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »
Wow let me clarify.  I just started a thread to hear your rants and raves about the episode.  Me personally, I could have missed this episode and never missed a beat.
I understand what you mean.  But, don't forget that we could have learned some things in the episode that seem to be of little importance now but will be in the coming episodes.  I trust TPTB.  I don't think they would truly just have filler for filler's sake in season 6.  I think there is a reason behind this kind of episode.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »

Not missed a beat? Are you sure?

Before this episode, I for one was wondering...
- when Claire would go psycho-killer on Kate
- what Locke's reaction would be
- how far off the deep end was Sayid
- where the sub was going and how many people were in it
- what was the twist in Sawyer's alt timeline
- is Sawyer with MIB or just pulling a long con
- whats up with the rest of the Ajira passengers

Those are just a few reveals we got this episode. (of course I have tons more questions that havn't been answered yet)

Don't get me wrong, I don't think EVERY episode needs to be the holy snot best ever, but saying this episode could just be skipped over kind of does an injustice to it in my very humble opinion. I will say that this was the first episode this season with a really pedestrian ending. Yeah, it was revealed that Sawyer is just playing both sides, but the way it was done didn't give me an OMG moment like the rest of this season has.
Good point, Casey, although I'm still wondering how loopy Sayid is and whether Sawyer's pulling a long con or a double con.

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 03:58:50 PM »
Just play nice show some common courtesy and share your feelings in a civil manner.

You have to admit though, your use of the EPIC FAIL image was a little inflammatory and bound to spark some emotional reactions.
That said, my comments earlier in this thread were a combination of angry defense and too many beers. I shouldn't have been posting that night.

My apologies to everyone, I didn't intend my angry posts to be personal attacks, but going back and reading, it clearly comes across that way.

Anyway, my opinion - this episode was not an epic fail by any means. It was a transistional, setup episode - light on the action of course, but that's storytelling 101. I like the "loading the bases" analogy.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »
^ Good point. I've said before that not everybody needs to love every episode and heated debates are the most fun. At the same time, coming to a Lost forum and saying an episode sucked is like telling parents that their baby is ugly. People can tend to take it personally and get defensive.