Author Topic: This Episode was  (Read 9396 times)

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: This Episode was
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »
Cool stories, bros.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »
Cool stories, bros.
LOL, Grizzy, you rock.   ;D

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2010, 10:11:51 AM »
I am also tired of people saying that if one does not enjoy the episode, then that one must be answer-oriented and then all the responses would be about one would be disappointed and LOST needs story development, bla bla bla...

It is not really about no answers, it is really about the quality of writing and character arcs.
As a loyal fans of LOST, a typical Sawyer-centric episode lover, I am amused at first for the cop setting.
However what goes after on? What has built up so perfectly the new James Ford character?
Remember the real good old days "The Confidence Man", "Long Con" brings us?
Especially "The Long Con", how successful they deliver the message of tiger never losing stripes to us?
And how relevant the island story matches the flashback? That is the brilliance of LOST!
How emotional they caught us for the letter written by James?
and how effective the relationship between Juliet and James developed in only a few single moments in LaFleur?
They are all done without a single mystery solved!

So now for today's episode, anyone fascinated by James-Charlotte romance?
anyone moved by the talk between James and Miles at the car about the revenge to Anthony Cooper?
And every plot line is so predictable that James must have run into Kate again.
And by showing Widmore in the sub at "Dr. Linus", they totally ruin the suspense and surprise for what James finds out in Hydra.
And I laugh out hard during Claire-Kate hug scene. I don't know what the writer's purpose is, yet it is only hilarious and weird, maybe it is the feeling they want to give us!?

Maybe Ben's "Dr. Linus" raise the anticipation so high that I have false hope LOST could return a higher quality.
Easily one of the worst of the series for today. >.<

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »
How about creating a "Bitch,Moan and Complain Section" similar to the Spoilers Section? I pop into the spoilers once in a great while but some folks are there all the time. By creating that section those who wish to rip the show can be with "like minded" individuals. I don't always think the last episode I watched was the greatest ever and am have expressed frustration at times but ALL of the episodes play a role in the finale. Hell just read Grapes of Wrath again and then we can talk about useless and meaningless filler.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »
Yeah, you are right about some of the flash-sideways action, but I thought the island story was great, and, while a Sawyer-centric episode, I thought Terry O'Quinn stole the show.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »
I'm sorry but the rules have been established.  Love every second of every show or stop watching.  

Kidding aside, the flash-sideways (bizarro world) is not/has not worked for me.  So until they somehow pull it all together, and I'm skeptical they will, it is going to be not as good.

However, I am REALLY pumped for next week.  It could set the stage for a fantastic sprint to the finish.

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »
I now should have to pray the long-awaited Richard-centric episode would not be a FLASH-SIDEWAY.
But now given every episode the same format, I am very worried it would happen.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 10:27:39 AM »
I now should have to pray the long-awaited Richard-centric episode would not be a FLASH-SIDEWAY.
But now given every episode the same format, I am very worried it would happen.

Richard could be dead in the sideways world, if that world is a place without "Jacob's touch".

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 10:28:52 AM »
I too was somewhat disappointed in this episode. Stereotypically I expected to dislike the Ben centric episode and yet thought it was the best all season. Seeing this was Sawyer centric I expected to love it.  I enjoyed the island side more than the  flash sideways aspect. Seeing Charlotte was  unexpected and interesting but over all I found the episode a bit flat.
I did like Sawyer's truthfulness to MIB.
Well, next week's Richard centric should be great. Hopefully more answers concerning aspects of the island only he would know about.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 10:29:11 AM »
heres a thought...go **** yaself... my opinions mine... ill keep watching and ill probably find a better forum than this one considering its been dead for years... but im having too much fun reading the IT theory!

Has anyone ever been banned from this forum?  I know it's late in the series, but.......... ???

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
Too many comments to reply to in here already, so I'll just put my two cents in.....

Episode was definitely slower than some, but I thought it was still interesting.  On island stuff was IMPORTANT to the storyline, building up the battle to come and showing us that Sawyer is 'not WITH anybody'.  Off island stuff was more fun than anything, but we did learn a few things (Sawyer still after Cooper, Miles dad is alive and well...)  I'm betting that TPTB will tie the two worlds together at the end and we will see that they aren't just wasting our time with the sideflashes.  For those that use the sideflashes for 'bathroom breaks' I think you're missing the point that we're being shown serious differences, as well as consistencies, in each character, and we will eventually be shown (IMHO) the reasons for all of it when it ties together.  I'm confident there is a method to their madness.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 10:45:22 AM »
heres a thought...go **** yaself... my opinions mine... ill keep watching and ill probably find a better forum than this one considering its been dead for years... but im having too much fun reading the IT theory!

I don't know about banning someone for being ridiculously negative and ill tempered...but I am getting sick of reading posts from people who seem to be fixated on solely airing their grievances.  I thought this was a forum for fans of LOST, and while we all have our preferences on what makes a great episode, too many posters seem to just want to rip the show and the writers each week.
I personally thought last night's episode was solid, but I just choose to enjoy my favorite show as it plays out instead of fixating on how many more episodes are left and how many questions are left unanswered. Bottom line is its a well written, well acted, captivating show the likes we have never seen, and there WILL be some unanswered questions at the end. If you can't handle that then that's unfortunate. Just try to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts, or I would suggest getting a new Tuesday night hobby.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:47:11 AM by Kurtis »

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 12:13:42 PM »
i think the reason they are having SO many people in the flash sideways cross paths is just to show that even without the island, their lives are still connected. even it at times it may seem corny.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »
... What I liked about this episode is that people finally started talking to eachother, .....

wow, I totally disagree with that
I was practically yelling at the screen at Kate, "Ask Claire where she went ! Ask her why she left Aaron alone in the woods !"

any normal person would have been yelling at Claire in defense after being attacked for SAVING her freaking son !
"I had to take him ! You left him alone in the woods ! What is wrong with you ? Where did you go !"

LOL! I was thinking the SAME THING!!!! It is frustrating the freakin' bejeezubs out of me that Kate is not asking Claire where in the freakin' H she has been after leaving Aaron out in the middle of the jungle alone. And that, yes, Kate took it upon herself to make sure Aaron was SAFE and that he is now with his gramma, YOUR MOTHER, CLAIRE DARLING.    HELLO, HI!  SAY SOMETHING KATE!!!! SAAAAYYYYYYYY SOMMMEEETHING!!!!!!

Enjoyed this ep because I liked seeing Sawyer (yummy) as a cop. At the beggining I was a little let down thinking, aw man, he's STILL a con-man?

BUt I have to agree with some of the other posters who are tired of seeing everybody jammed into the same sideflash. I wanted to throw up in my mouth when they showed Charlotte with Sawyer.  I mean, she looked GORGEOUS, but it's like, why the H is SHE there? Why does everybody seem to know everybody????  And hi, there's Charlies brother at the police station...where Charlie just happens to be being held....It's getting a little gratuitous...but ah well.

Got to see Sawyer shirtless again, so that makes it an overall pretty awesome episode.
 ;D

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 01:42:47 PM »
Guys, seriously, lets not get personal here. We'll leave that type of forum bickering to the 12 year olds on the video game forums. When it degrades into ad hominum attacks, everybody loses.
right i kind of feel like i am playing Modern Warfare while reading this thread.
And this wasn't one of my favorite episodes
yikes