Author Topic: This Episode was  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
This Episode was
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:40:28 PM »

Really?????/

9 Episodes left......yeah maybe Darlton will just have Someone watching the Sopranos and it blacks out or have an episode of Expose and just fade to black! 

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
Re: This Episode was
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:42:06 PM »
It was a slower episode that the last few.  Epic fail?  Something tells me they were not trying to make it exactly a mind-blowing episode, so if one is not attempting to do something, not sure if I would call it a failure.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:46:03 PM »
just when i was thinking i may have a clue what we waste 1/2 an episode on flash sideways is for... BOOOM this episode enforces the JOKE that they are.... its just a 6 degrees of seperation and we get to go ohhhhhhhhhhhhh when someone has a cameo...

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »
The flash sideways gave us the following...

- Sawyer, whether criminal or cop, will always want to hunt down the man who killed his parents - this reinforces the idea of the universe course-correcting itself, and causes us to wonder just how much influence that Jacob's touch has on the future events of someone's life.  This further reinforces the theory that the two timelines may converge at one point.
- Miles' dad, Pierre Chang is ALIVE in the flash-sideways and working at a museum with Charlotte.  This is important as it provides more clues as to when the split between the timelines may have occured (after the incident?) and that Dharma people who were on the Island at the time of the Incident were able to make it off the Island at some point after the split (Ben, Roger, Pierre, Ethan).
- Miles' life isn't quite so screwed up in the Sideways world, possibly because he has a father-figure.  This is one more example of the existence of the Island screwing up people's lives.

I thought these were good pieces of the story that we got out of the Sideways story, to name a few.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 11:55:42 PM »
wow...so happy to know that... now i can sleep better, knowing miles doesnt have issues anymore...

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:56:55 PM »
wow...so happy to know that... now i can sleep better, knowing miles doesnt have issues anymore...
Good, I'm glad you can sleep better!

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 12:07:43 AM »
Sorry to rain on everyone's misery parade (sorry, couldnt think of a better term) but I'm getting a little tired of reading these kind of threads. They're not just here, they're everywhere. I, for one, like a good story... which is what we're being given with this (in case you forgot what it was) television show. I think people are expecting a little bit too much from the show at this point. Why don't we all just go along for the ride and see how this thing plays out? It sounds better to me than trashing all over something we've praised for almost 6 years now...

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:45 AM »
Honestly, people are going to be dissapointed if they're expecting everything to be answered, or even a lot of things.  Based on how the story seems to be progressing, I'd say that, tt best, there will be a lot of answers, crammed into the last few episodes - or maybe not very many answers at all.  I still think the very biggest questions will be answers - what is the island, who are smokey and jacob - but a lot of other questions that a lot of people consider to be major will go unanswered.  There's just not enough time left for them to answer all these things and still have a plot. 

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 12:13:36 AM »
so what your saying is knowing how many episodes are left, TPTB were happy to pass this episode thru as "filler".. cause it for sure as hell didnt do anything for the story line thus far...

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 12:15:00 AM »
This show since season one has been all about unanswered questions. It won't be any different in the last episode. They will answer many questions  this season but there are definitely going to be a lot of questions unanswered--it's Lost and that is how they write the show.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
Sorry to rain on everyone's misery parade (sorry, couldnt think of a better term) but I'm getting a little tired of reading these kind of threads. They're not just here, they're everywhere. I, for one, like a good story... which is what we're being given with this (in case you forgot what it was) television show. I think people are expecting a little bit too much from the show at this point. Why don't we all just go along for the ride and see how this thing plays out? It sounds better to me than trashing all over something we've praised for almost 6 years now...

*clap clap*

I agree with you...

But at the same time, just because I'm so excited to see how this wraps up, I want answers now...hell, right now, I'd kill for a package of dvds with the rest of the episodes, I just wanna know how it ends...

But when I re-watch all 6 seasons when the show is finished, I know I'll think jesus, I've watched one of the greatest shows ever...and the answers were in the first episode we just didn't know ;)

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »
so what your saying is knowing how many episodes are left, TPTB were happy to pass this episode thru as "filler".. cause it for sure as hell didnt do anything for the story line thus far...
It moved the Season 6 storyline along.  It did not address many of the storylines from season 1-5, but it moved this one along.  Yeah, I want answers too, but there still has to be a plot.

In my opinion, it was not filler.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 12:20:32 AM »
yeah but this is also the first time they have been pounding the airways with THIS SEASON  QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 12:44:23 AM »
STOPPPP WATCHINGGGGGGGGG

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 12:50:08 AM »
yeah yeah..the famous stop watching slogan..... im sorry this doesnt sit well with you... but im sure you can make out a thing or 2 that this epsidoe MOVED the story along with.... excuse me for having an opinion... but this one has jumped the dharma shark...