Author Topic: Sawyer a Cop  (Read 5130 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer a Cop
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 05:12:30 PM »
No prob.  There used to be an airline that had hourly flights between LAX and Palm Springs, CA.  I think it was called SunAir.  It was great for me because I was bouncing back and forth between the two pretty much monthly.  Several times I was the only passenger on the plane.  They went out of business.  But I digress.  Someone on another thread said something that made me think that Sawyer, on some level, recognized Kate from their time together on the island in the same way that Jack recognized Desmond.  Just a vague feeling of familiarity.  Maybe that's why he helped her escape.  He had done it before "in another life".

No prob.  There used to be an airline that had hourly flights between LAX and Palm Springs, CA.  I think it was called SunAir.  It was great for me because I was bouncing back and forth between the two pretty much monthly.  Several times I was the only passenger on the plane.  They went out of business.  But I digress.  Someone on another thread said something that made me think that Sawyer, on some level, recognized Kate from their time together on the island in the same way that Jack recognized Desmond.  Just a vague feeling of familiarity.  Maybe that's why he helped her escape.  He had done it before "in another life".
Like a "deja vue" feeling?!?!

Not sure how much of this I'm buying. So far we have seen Jack give Kate a funny look outside of the airport, and that's really about it. To me that doesn't seem like enough to constitute a deja vu/no free will thing. But we shall see. You might want to just rest comfortably in the fact that I am absolutely terrible at predicting things on this show.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
Exactly!  I expect their memories to come back in some way.  Maybe just a vague "Don't I know you from somewhere?" feeling.  But they'll all feel drawn to each other.  They'll have a sense of Fate in their interactions.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 05:33:31 PM »
Exactly!  I expect their memories to come back in some way.  Maybe just a vague "Don't I know you from somewhere?" feeling.  But they'll all feel drawn to each other.  They'll have a sense of Fate in their interactions.

We've seen a couple glimpses of that so far, but they have been quick. Also, it's what happened to Desmond back in Season 3 when he went into his alternate timeline after turning the failsafe key. He started to remember.