Author Topic: MIB's Mommy  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: MIB's Mommy
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 12:25:05 AM »
But I'm really having troubles wrapping my head around this...

Aaron is the man on the beach in 1850 or whatever, and yet we see him born on the island with Claire in 2004 and again Claire is off the island  in 2007 about to give birth to him?
Yes, that's the proposition.  I disagree with it.

Back to MIB - - Interesteing that he has Mommy issues; Claire & Kate have issues with being Mommy; Jack, Sawyer, Hurley & Locke have Daddy issues . . . If this whole thing ends up being a group therapy session I will be seriously pissed off!

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 12:30:44 AM »
an older Aaron. 

You mean Taller Ghost Aaron?

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 12:52:21 AM »
Yeah, it really did seem like the man who really needs a freakin' name already was hitting at something when he was talking about his mommy issues, but I just don't think that he is Aaron. But I have been wrong before.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 01:01:17 AM »
So the guy that we saw on the beach in the finale of last season talking to Jacob in like 1850 is actually Aaron? 
It's an interesting idea, but I think it's much more likely that Jacob was Aaron, given their appearances.  MiB from 1850 had dark hair.

I did not make myself clear.  They are BOTH Aaron.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 01:12:03 AM »
So the guy that we saw on the beach in the finale of last season talking to Jacob in like 1850 is actually Aaron? 
It's an interesting idea, but I think it's much more likely that Jacob was Aaron, given their appearances.  MiB from 1850 had dark hair.

I did not make myself clear.  They are BOTH Aaron.

If we hadn't seen them on the beach talking together and then again in the temple.  I can almost come along for this ride because a couple weeks ago I was wondering if we were witnessing the split personalites of one man.  A little Fight Club if you will.

What else you got besides Flocke saying that both Aaron and I have crazy mothers.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 01:41:26 AM »
In the "Cave of Names", we see the scales and Flocke throws the white stone into the water, and Sawyer asks what that was all about.  Flocke says , "Inside joke.". Yeah, really inside!  Like he was saying that he won out over the "good guy", Jacob.  Then when Dogan is talking to Sayid in a subsequent episode, he says that every man IS a scale, and they can tip either way, toward evil, or toward good.  This analogy flashed me back to the scenario in the cave with a little "insider's view" at that point.

MangoBingo has a thread in the theories section that explains it quite nicely.  Each subsequent epi gives me more and more reason to believe this is true.  I know I'm not the only one, as there's at least one other poster who has been postulating this theory for some time.  I was unaware of it until one of Mango's posts hit me in the head early this season, and it's been progressing along quite nicely so far. I have no idea how they are going to make it work...but it really looks possible!

Offline snoopafly

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 02:15:33 AM »
Just to play the devil's advocate - are we absolutely sure that MIB is telling the truth?

Here comes Kate, a wild card who will not be easily swayed to join his camp and so he has to think of a way to either get rid of her or get her to join his cause in some fashion. What better way then to pull the Aaron card out. Kate has been a mother to Aaron longer than Claire has and so she of all people would understand the need for Aaron to grow up in a peaceful and relative normal life as opposed to the care of a certain crazy woman. Everything MIB said was exactly what Kate needed to hear at that moment in order to stick with MIB at least for Aaron and Claire's sake. Even if he is telling the truth, it can't be denied that he played the story perfectly in its appeal to Kate's motherly feelings towards Aaron.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 02:58:00 AM »
First off, please don't take any of this as sarcastic...

But I'm really having troubles wrapping my head around this...

Aaron is the man on the beach in 1850 or whatever, and yet we see him born on the island with Claire in 2004 and again Claire is off the island  in 2007 about to give birth to him?

To this question, we've already seen time travel on the Island, so we know it's possible. Also, Hurley made a time travel reference at the rape caves. So, in theory Aaron could travel back in time to become MIB. I mean we STILL don't know his name. I think it is a kinda of far-out-there theory too, but it's still an interesting and very plausible theory.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 03:01:55 AM »
I got a REALLY weird feeling that he was hinting at the fact that he IS Aaron... and his "crazy" mom and Aaron's may be one and the same.... But I think its a little far fetched to be thinking those kind of things at this point...

I had the same thought you did during that scene. I think it was punctuated by that creepy sound effect they do sometimes when Flocke said, "Things could have been different."

He may not have just been using Claire and Aaron as an anology to his own life, but actually talking about his own life. We still don't know his name, time travel has been established, and it is Lost. Anything is possible.

1 thing is for certain at this point...they havn't proved that he is definitely NOT Aaron yet.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 03:06:41 AM »

Back to MIB - - Interesteing that he has Mommy issues; Claire & Kate have issues with being Mommy; Jack, Sawyer, Hurley & Locke have Daddy issues . . . If this whole thing ends up being a group therapy session I will be seriously pissed off!
Locke also has Mommie issues.  A crazy Mommie, in fact.  When he was talking to Sawyer about knowing what it's like to love, to be betrayed, etc, it could have been Locke talking.  Tonight when he said he had a crazy mother it could have been Locke talking.  I wonder if Smokie has an identity crisis.  Like maybe he doesn't know where Locke ends and he begins.  Is he becoming Locke?  Is his personality blending into Locke's?  Is that what happens when he gets stuck?  He loses himself?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 03:09:58 AM »

Locke also has Mommie issues.  A crazy Mommie, in fact.  When he was talking to Sawyer about knowing what it's like to love, to be betrayed, etc, it could have been Locke talking.  Tonight when he said he had a crazy mother it could have been Locke talking.  I wonder if Smokie has an identity crisis.  Like maybe he doesn't know where Locke ends and he begins.  Is he becoming Locke?  Is his personality blending into Locke's?  Is that what happens when he gets stuck?  He loses himself?

To me, it just feels like Locke is telling different stories to different people, simply because he wants to manipulate them. I'm not really taking anything he is saying at face value. I think there are slivers of truth in his words, but he is clearly not being upfront with anyone. For example, he tells Sawyer that the Island doesn't need anyone and they should just leave, then turns around and tells Ben the Island needs a protector and he's the one for the job.

Seems like Locke is just telling people what they want to hear.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 04:08:27 AM »
While he was lying to the Temple people, he did come off as awfully honest to Sawyer and Kate. He didn't have to tell Sawyer about the Smoke Monster, but he did.

And I think that the initial poster could be right. Maybe their mother is Taweret, or some other Egyptian entity. MIB could be some sort of Anubis (we did see Anubis below the temple in a basorelief), or Set (since he was also banished), or something, with Jacob a sort of Horus. I don't know, I'm not so keen on Egyptian mythology, but it has to play out in the end to explain the statue and all the hyeroglyphs. And MIB's mother has to be involved in this somehow.

Offline muggle_born

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 07:14:22 AM »

I wondered if Locke was coming through when, after he saw the little blond kid in the jungle in a previous ep, he yelled, "Don't tell me what I can't do!" (or similar), which was a very Locke thing to say.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »
MIB is Aaron with black hair? Although I do not support this idea it could be explained. Aaron time travels a few thousand years and gets cursed/magicly transformed into smokey. We know smokey has been around for a long time since there were carvings of him at the bottom of the temple caves last season when he came out of the grate. Later in 1850 he takes the form of some other guy who happens to have black hair and talks to Jacob. We have seen him take the shape of differant people already and for some unanswered reason he is stuck as Locke for now.

Like I said I do not think Aaron is Smokey but having black hair is easily explained.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 11:13:09 AM »
Yeah, the black-haired bearded guy could have been just another of Smokey's "hosts", like John Locke. We don't know what he originally looked like, but he insists that he was a human being with a mother and friends and all that, and not a God with no beginning and no end.