Author Topic: Is it posible that Richard Alpert is also...  (Read 4249 times)

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Is it posible that Richard Alpert is also...
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
Perhaps you underestimate his sneakiness...

I think all the castaways asking him "where did you come from" in the particular moments was to get us thinking about the  question in a big picture way.  He said he was not a vampire so he cannot change into a bat but maybe he can become the Hurley bird.. :)

Hmmmm, I hope they give us an explanation of that amazing creature on the Island, it was too clearly saying "huuuuuurrrrrrlllllleeeeey"!

just in case anyone missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcHaa6PbKsw

AWESOME!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »
There are serious continuity issues on this show so the way Richard or any of these folks move around the island in real life time we would be bored to tears watching the show.  He is not another smokey.

He also explained why he looks so you cause he was touched by Jacob.  With his youthful looks it gave him the ability to move about like the age he is stuck in.

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 09:09:33 PM »
There are serious continuity issues on this show so the way Richard or any of these folks move around the island in real life time we would be bored to tears watching the show.  He is not another smokey.

He also explained why he looks so you cause he (Richard)was touched by Jacob.  With his youthful looks it gave him the ability to move about like the age he is stuck in.

So were our losties, does that mean that they too are not able to age? dunh dunh duuuuuuunh...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »

He also explained why he looks so you cause he (Richard)was touched by Jacob.  With his youthful looks it gave him the ability to move about like the age he is stuck in.

So were our losties, does that mean that they too are not able to age? dunh dunh duuuuuuunh...

Richard said Jacob made me this way and it was from his touch.  If that is the same touch as the losties I do not know. Ilana said that they cannot die, but Sayid died and came back.  So trust me I am wondering if they are just screwing up as usual or Jacob has the Dick Clark touch. ;)

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 09:30:44 PM »
Jacob's "touch" doesn't mean no one ages.  Richard said Jacob gave him a gift.  Jacob can probably choose what gift he gives, so for Richard it was not aging.  For the LOSTies it was something else.

And who did Illana say can not die?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 08:34:24 AM »
[In the jungle, Richard leads Hurley and Jack]

HURLEY: So... you're not time-travelling?

RICHARD: No.

HURLEY: But... you look the same as you did thirty years ago. How's that possible?

RICHARD: It's not easy to explain.

HURLEY: Is this, like, a Terminator thing? Are you a cyborg?

RICHARD: No, I'm not a cyborg.

HURLEY: Vampire?

RICHARD: Jacob gave me a gift.

I swore I heard Richard say touching at one point, but the transcripts say something else.  As for Ilana I am still looking for her comment regarding they can't die.  But I was thinking it was meant in the sense of they must be protected from "death" harm.  Just because Jacob touched them it is not make them "superhuman" and unable to be killed.  Otherwise Sayid would not have died and Jacob would not have sent him to the temple to be "saved"

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »
Most of them died as a sacrifice, maybe that is the only possible way to die.
Locke sacrificied himself to get them back to the island and to become a proxy, Michael for saving the people on the freighter, Juliet for exploding the bomb and sending them to 2008, Charlie for the freighterpeople to come and save the losties, Boone was the sacrifice the island demanded and according to Locke Eko was a sacrifice too, Daniel was Eloises' sacrifice to save the island with jughead, she knew she would shoot him when she send him on the freighter, Libby and Ana-Lucia were sacrificed to make Ben escape and Walt leave the island, I don't know about Jacob.
I have no idea why they cannot kill themselves or just shoot each other.

Offline LovDom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 09:14:40 AM »
Not all of them were touched, but I think you are right about the sacrifice thing.
So that accident that happened when Jack was on the bridge happened for a reason. He couldn't kill himself even if he wanted to?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 10:20:06 AM »
Killing himself to be freed from his pain would be a selfish act, like Michael killing himself to be freed from his guilt or Richard killing himself because he lost the meaning of his being. Michael could only die when he sacrificed himself to save others, like Charly was being saved by Desmond till he sacrificed himself for others. No idea about the meaning of it yet, but I think Jacob's dead in the end will be his sacrifice for something (the island, MIB's existence, correcting the course of history.)

About Richard being a smokemonster. I think he is a soul or ghost like MIB, but he uses the image of his own dead body. A living body would age.
Smoky is using Locke's image, but can get out of it and move fast as smoke and appear out of nowhere as Locke, like Richard appears out of nothing and I'm sure Flocke will not age anymore, even if Smoky uses that image for another 1000 years.
I believe Jacob at some point was a soul too, he doesn't age and when he was stuck in the cabin he had no human form. I think he needed to wait for his own birth as Aaron to get his body back and was able to be killed, because he had a body of his own in this timeline.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »
JACK: Where are you goin'?

RICHARD: There's something I need to do.

JACK: To do what?

RICHARD: Die

HURLEY [to Jack]: Dude it's time to go.

JACK: No, not yet.

HURLEY: He's opeing up a crate of dynamite, and he said he wanted to kill himself.

RICHARD: I can't kill myself.

HURLEY: What?

RICHARD: Even if I wanted to, trust me, I do. I can't kill myself. Which is why I want you to do it for me.

JACK: What are you talking about?

RICHARD: What I'm talking about Jack is that...Jacob touched me, and when Jacob touches you... well it's considered a gift... except it's not a gift at all. It's a curse. [puts down dynamite stick roughly]

So .................... Richard is a live human being not a spirit or ghost.  His trying to kill himself prooves this.
I also found that line Richard used about Jacob touching him. 

I think there is a fundemental difference between a sacrafice to the island and the island having no more use for the character.  I truly do not believe that all were sacraficed.  I believe Boone was a sacrafice, but not sure about the rest.  Libby and Anna well, they were killed cause Michael was caught and it was knee jerk reaction.
Daniel was a sacrafice and his mother knew it was going to happen.

The inablity to end one's life is tied to what the island needs them to do in order to proceed to the level of the plan that appears to have to happen

Just a quick note here - we all focus on Aaron and OPG I am not picking on you at all - you just bring up things that are good to respond to so please do not take my replies negative they are not meant to be be mean spirited.

I think when it comes to Aaron we are missing the obvious.  If Ilana is there to protect the candidates
 and in the last episodes she says that only 6 are left where and when did we see Aaron touched.  I won't rant on about this but I will find the proper thread.

Jacob was alive also.  I don't think he died before and came back to life.

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 12:32:17 PM »
JACK: Where are you goin'?

RICHARD: There's something I need to do.

JACK: To do what?

RICHARD: Die

HURLEY [to Jack]: Dude it's time to go.

JACK: No, not yet.

HURLEY: He's opeing up a crate of dynamite, and he said he wanted to kill himself.

RICHARD: I can't kill myself.

HURLEY: What?

RICHARD: Even if I wanted to, trust me, I do. I can't kill myself. Which is why I want you to do it for me.

JACK: What are you talking about?

RICHARD: What I'm talking about Jack is that...Jacob touched me, and when Jacob touches you... well it's considered a gift... except it's not a gift at all. It's a curse. [puts down dynamite stick roughly]

So .................... Richard is a live human being not a spirit or ghost.  His trying to kill himself prooves this.
I also found that line Richard used about Jacob touching him. 

I think there is a fundemental difference between a sacrafice to the island and the island having no more use for the character.  I truly do not believe that all were sacraficed.  I believe Boone was a sacrafice, but not sure about the rest.  Libby and Anna well, they were killed cause Michael was caught and it was knee jerk reaction.
Daniel was a sacrafice and his mother knew it was going to happen.

The inablity to end one's life is tied to what the island needs them to do in order to proceed to the level of the plan that appears to have to happen

Just a quick note here - we all focus on Aaron and OPG I am not picking on you at all - you just bring up things that are good to respond to so please do not take my replies negative they are not meant to be be mean spirited.

I think when it comes to Aaron we are missing the obvious.  If Ilana is there to protect the candidates
 and in the last episodes she says that only 6 are left where and when did we see Aaron touched.  I won't rant on about this but I will find the proper thread.

Jacob was alive also.  I don't think he died before and came back to life.

Hey, where do you find these great transcripts? can you pass along a link or something?
Thanks.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 01:07:16 PM »
Hey, where do you find these great transcripts? can you pass along a link or something?
Thanks.

Lostpedia - transcripts

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »
Thanks Ericd -

I just think having his exact words helps.

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 03:57:31 PM »
Thanks.

Lostpedia - transcripts

Respectz.