Author Topic: Is it posible that Richard Alpert is also...  (Read 4532 times)

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Is it posible that Richard Alpert is also...
« on: March 11, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
a Smoke Monster?

Over the series, Richard would just appear out of nowhere.   Perhaps he can also take smoke form and travel throughout the island using the cerberus vents. 

On this week's episode Richard once again appears out of nowhere and Jack asks him "where did you just come from" to which Richard replies something to the effect of "If i told you, you wouldn't believe me". 

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Is it posible that Richard Alpert is also...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:44:44 PM »
I was thinking maybe he went off island. Who knows lol I am sure they will keep us guessing on this one

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »
Did Jack say, "just"? I thought he asked, "where'd you come from?" I thought the response was indicating the Black Rock. Could be though. He does kind of just pop up. I thought he was jest very sneaky

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »
a Smoke Monster?

Over the series, Richard would just appear out of nowhere.   Perhaps he can also take smoke form and travel throughout the island using the cerberus vents. 

On this week's episode Richard once again appears out of nowhere and Jack asks him "where did you just come from" to which Richard replies something to the effect of "If i told you, you wouldn't believe me". 

I don't think Richard has appeared seemingly out of nowhere any more than anyone else on the show (I mean, how many times are some of the castaways walking through the jungle then out of nowhere they encounter another castaway, or an other, or...).  As far as we can tell, since Richard ran away from Smokey, he's just been running around the island - to the temple, then to where he encountered Jack & Hurley.  I don't think there's anything more to it than that. 

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:06:21 PM »
Last season kAte and Sawyer were captured by the hostiles/others trying to bring Ben to Richard.  Again, he pops out of the jungle like "You are looking for me"? and I believe Sawyer also askes where he came from.  Just find it interesting that he suddenly appears all the time.

In season 3 little Ben is looking for his Mom and boom...Alpert again suddenly appears to him.  Just a little fishy to me.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:53:03 PM »
dont know if he can turn to smoke but he can definately do something that allows him to travel around faster than others.  Like fulcidgento said   He has popped up more than once and someone has had a line that asked where he came from.

Offline FireLily

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »
I don't think he's a smoke monster... I think he's a candidate though.  :)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 08:30:55 PM »
Richard said he has been on the island for a long time.  He knows how to go through the tunells and perhaps that is how he just pops up.
Another Smokey I hope not.
He is not a candidate.  Ilana said there were 6 and she was ther to protect them
Richards mystery will soon be explained

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »
dont know if he can turn to smoke but he can definately do something that allows him to travel around faster than others.  Like fulcidgento said   He has popped up more than once and someone has had a line that asked where he came from.

def somethings up with Ricardo...

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 09:16:29 PM »
Richard is spry for his age.  ;)

I think there has to be a way to get around on the Island. Because it takes the survivors days to march around the island, but the Others pop around.
Probably just a plot hole.

Offline jkbeaulieu

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 11:03:43 PM »
Perhaps you underestimate his sneakiness...

I think all the castaways asking him "where did you come from" in the particular moments was to get us thinking about the  question in a big picture way.  He said he was not a vampire so he cannot change into a bat but maybe he can become the Hurley bird.. :)

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »
I think they asked "where'd you come from" because he was just suddenly there unexpected.  He said they wouldn't believe him because it probably had something to do with being tied up in a sack by a Smoke monster impersonating a dead John Locke.  Don't forget Jack and Hurley don't know about the Locke/Smokey conversion (do they?) and they haven't seen Richard in 3 years.  I don't think it had anything to do with the Black Rock or where he originally came from.

Think about it...if you were sitting in your living room and your mom suddenly walked in from the hallway (who doesn't live with you) you'd probably say "where'd you come from?" too but you wouldn't expect her to tell you the story of her birth.

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »
I don't think Richard is also a smokey because remember that ep when Flocke ran after the little boy, well right before Flocke sees the boy Richard was captured in somekind of trap.

If he was a smokey he would've get out of there easily.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 11:17:47 AM »
I don't think Richard is also a smokey because remember that ep when Flocke ran after the little boy, well right before Flocke sees the boy Richard was captured in somekind of trap.

If he was a smokey he would've get out of there easily.
Very true Beej! This is why I am so excited to see a Richard episode, because there is so much to tell there-hope they can fit it in a hour

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »
He doesn't trave
dont know if he can turn to smoke but he can definately do something that allows him to travel around faster than others.  Like fulcidgento said   He has popped up more than once and someone has had a line that asked where he came from.
Well, he certainly can't travel around faster than Smokey.  He leaves his encounter with Smokey (after Smokey captured him) for the temple as fast as we can.  Smokey has time to go visit Claire, pick her up, and makes it to the temple before Richard.