Author Topic: Guess the candidates 'special powers'......  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Toaster

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Guess the candidates 'special powers'......
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »
I do not believe that they each have a unique special power.  Hell even Michael could not kill himself off island, was he ever touched that we know?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 12:40:38 PM »
I think Sawyer can shoot little red lasers from his eyes.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »
I do not believe that they each have a unique special power.  Hell even Michael could not kill himself off island, was he ever touched that we know?

That probably explains the other comment I saw in another thread that was asking if Michael was ever touched by Jacob. To answer you, no, Jacob never had any contact at all with Michael. The reason he couldn't kill himself was because "the island wouldn't let him."

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 03:45:20 PM »
Jack performed a miracle on Sarah. Sounds like a gift to me.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 04:22:39 PM »

No, he performed a surgery on her. Now believe it or not, I'm no spinal surgeon, but I'm pretty sure if that were really that risky of a procedure to perform, they wouldn't have given it to him as his first one. But like I said, I have no idea how that works.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 04:39:29 PM »

But he couldn't perform one on Sayid, or Boone. So he doesn't exactly have a perfect record.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 05:08:09 PM »

But he couldn't perform one on Sayid, or Boone. So he doesn't exactly have a perfect record.

BAM!! That too...if I would have thought of that.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 05:16:41 PM »
And whats his name, the US Marshall that was in custody of Kate. He bit the bucket too.

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »
Sarah wasn't his first surgery. Jack was pretty well established by then. In his words, she was damaged beyond repair. It would take a miracle. Desmond seemed to feel that miracles could happen. And it did. It's true that he wasn't able to do it again, even on the couple that came to him after hearing about the Sarah miracle. He seems to have been a one hit wonder in the mircale business, but still. His dad, and I think his mom too, both told him that he had a gift. And I don't recall anyone arguing against the notion that Sarah's condition was irreversible. In fact, news of his "fixing" of her seemed to be a pretty big story. Mabe even around the world - didn't the couple come from another country to seek him out?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 09:15:50 PM »
CaseyMac- Edward Mars. :)

IFP- yes...a father & daughter travelled from Italy.

Mars most likely would have died from infection (no, not that infection...I mean real bacterial infection ;)), but Kate, Sawyer, & then Jack all had a hand in his euthanasia.  Busoni (the Italian man) would have been another "miracle" of Jack's had Busoni's heart not given out.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 11:46:52 PM »
And whats his name, the US Marshall that was in custody of Kate. He bit the bucket too.
I can't help it.  It's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.  I really did LOL.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:37 AM »
Sarah wasn't his first surgery. Jack was pretty well established by then. In his words, she was damaged beyond repair. It would take a miracle. Desmond seemed to feel that miracles could happen. And it did. It's true that he wasn't able to do it again, even on the couple that came to him after hearing about the Sarah miracle. He seems to have been a one hit wonder in the mircale business, but still. His dad, and I think his mom too, both told him that he had a gift. And I don't recall anyone arguing against the notion that Sarah's condition was irreversible. In fact, news of his "fixing" of her seemed to be a pretty big story. Mabe even around the world - didn't the couple come from another country to seek him out?

Iguess it's just an issue of semantics, but it was his first SOLO suregery, and that's what I meant.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot,_Part_1_transcript

JACK: Well, fear's sort of an odd thing. When I was in residency, my first solo procedure was a spinal surgery on a 16 year old kid, a girl. And at the end, after 13 hours, I was closing her up and I, I accidentally ripped her dural sac. Shredded the base of the spine where all the nerves come together, membrane as thin as tissue. And so it ripped open. And the nerves just spilled out of her like angel hair pasta, spinal fluid flowing out of her and I And the terror was just so crazy. So real. And I knew I had to deal with it. (He's crying). So I just made a choice. I'd let the fear in, let it take over, let it do its thing, but only for five seconds, that's all I was going to give it. So I started to count: One, two, three, four, five. Then it was gone. I went back to work, sewed her up and she was fine.

*EDIT*EDIT*EDIT*

Sorry guys, my fault. IFP just pointed out to me that I posted this wrong. I still don't think that Jack performed an actual Miracle on Sarah, but this is not the "proof" I was lookin g for about it being his first surgery. My bad IFP.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:37:53 AM by BobBX542 »

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 05:44:26 PM »

Iguess it's just an issue of semantics, but it was his first SOLO suregery, and that's what I meant.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot,_Part_1_transcript

JACK: Well, fear's sort of an odd thing. When I was in residency, my first solo procedure was a spinal surgery on a 16 year old kid, a girl. And at the end, after 13 hours, I was closing her up and I, I accidentally ripped her dural sac. Shredded the base of the spine where all the nerves come together, membrane as thin as tissue. And so it ripped open. And the nerves just spilled out of her like angel hair pasta, spinal fluid flowing out of her and I And the terror was just so crazy. So real. And I knew I had to deal with it. (He's crying). So I just made a choice. I'd let the fear in, let it take over, let it do its thing, but only for five seconds, that's all I was going to give it. So I started to count: One, two, three, four, five. Then it was gone. I went back to work, sewed her up and she was fine.

That was not Sarah dude! Go back and watch season one - sarah was engaged to be married, got in the accident with shannons dad, her spine was crushed, it was impossible to fix her, but he said he would. When it didn't work he went on his stadium run, met desmond who said "what if you did fix her?" Jack said impossible, went back to hospital, sarah said why can i move my toes? Miracle. NOT his first surgery, solo or otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 05:46:04 PM by IFP »

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »
After reading a few posts I think we have an idea of what Jacob's gifts could be to the candidates (and maybe others):

Richard - eternal life.
Hurley (and Miles) - communicate with the dead.
Jack - Healing?
Sun/Jin - ability to have a child.
Locke - ability to walk again.
Kate - ability to draw in a couple of million red blooded males to watch a show that was on it ass a couple of seasons back!  :P

Sawyer - no idea.... wish I did, but no, I have absolutley no clue what his gift could be.

So, I was thinking these 'gifts' may only work on the Island, particularly in the case of Locke and the kwon's but no, that dosent add up either as Hurley saw Charlie off Island and Jack 'healed' off Island too......

Now i am more confused, I just hope Sawyer dosent 'bite the bucket' before we find out what his gift is.  ;D

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »

That was not Sarah dude! Go back and watch season one - sarah was engaged to be married, got in the accident with shannons dad, her spine was crushed, it was impossible to fix her, but he said he would. When it didn't work he went on his stadium run, met desmond who said "what if you did fix her?" Jack said impossible, went back to hospital, sarah said why can i move my toes? Miracle. NOT his first surgery, solo or otherwise.

WOW, holy crap, how did that get away from me?? I wonder how long I would have thought I was right about that until someone cleared it up. Thanks IFP, I'm going to edit that post now to clear it up.