Author Topic: How long since Sun saw Jack and Hurley?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
How long since Sun saw Jack and Hurley?
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »
Did Jack, Hurley, Kate, Sayid's time back in 1977 roughly match the number of days it's been for Sun on the Island in 2007?  Seems like she's only been there a few days: crash on Hydra, take boat to main Island, trek to the statue, trek back to bury Locke, go to the Temple just in time to escape the Temple.  I had the impression that Jack et al. spent being taken in by Sawyer, trying to kill Ben, having Faraday show up with his plan.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: How long since Sun saw Jack and Hurley?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »
As I understand it, the Losties times have remained constant. The Oceanic 6 were off the Island for the same 3 years that the '77 crew were in Dharmaville. As for the time since the Ajira flight, I have no idea, but it looks like a week or 2? Essentially it's been the same amount of days for everyone since the Ajira flight too.

Someone may have more info on it, so I could be wrong.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:53 PM »
Did Jack, Hurley, Kate, Sayid's time back in 1977 roughly match the number of days it's been for Sun on the Island in 2007?  Seems like she's only been there a few days: crash on Hydra, take boat to main Island, trek to the statue, trek back to bury Locke, go to the Temple just in time to escape the Temple.  I had the impression that Jack et al. spent being taken in by Sawyer, trying to kill Ben, having Faraday show up with his plan.

I think when it comes to time travel, that more or less stops mattering lol :). I could become separated from a friend due to time travel on Monday, and end up back in 1977...then I could spend a year there (1977-1978), then time travel back to Tuesday, the day after my friend and I separated. To him it's only been a day since we separated, but to me it's gonna feel like a year.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:25:04 AM »
I think is roughly 2 weeks for Jack, and perhaps 2 or 3 days less for Sun. Not a significant difference if we guess 12 days for one and 10 for the other.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 09:53:17 AM »
Sun was on the plane with Jack, Kate, Hurley and they disappeared.
She was happy to see them alive and safe.

Offline bluesmanjay

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »
That was my take on it. Relief that they were alive.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »
Right, when Jack and company popped up in the 70's they couldn't tell Jin where Sun ended up.  Sun was 30 years in the future and saw the pic of her friends on the wall from the 70's.  Not sure how much time passed for all of them, or if it was the same amount of time for both groups, but once they 'reset' things and all popped back to the present, they were just glad to see each other again.  They showed more of what happened to the group that ended up with Dharma than they did of the group that ended up with Ilana and the other Ajira survivors, but it was probably the same amount of time for all of them, and not too long either.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »
That was my take on it. Relief that they were alive.

Ditto.  I would hug a friend like that just out of worry that they had died from a trip we took together a day ago, let alone all the cosmic crap they have been through.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »
I'm guessing that since the O6 were off the Island for the same 3 years that the '77 crew were in Dharma, their internal clocks, if you will, are still synced up even after the Ajira flight. So, if it has been 2 weeks for Jack, then it's been 2 weeks for Sun.