Author Topic: Widmore presence might mean the Others doesn't exist as group anymore.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Well, When I saw Peanut returning fearlessly in a submarine I couldn't help but think in the first try he made to order things on the island, after his exile.
When Desmond used the failsafe they got a reading that could put the freighter near enough to search for the island.

Just a Background Set before I proceed: Tom, Ethan, Richard... the Others can go in and out the island a lot. The Others have lots of assets as high-security buildings, planes and docks for submarines. Charles get some of these well-organize others, tortures and kill them, as seem in the tape Ben showed Locke, but can't get any information on how.

Well, in the first chance to get the island location Peanuts Form 2 teams,one of island natives to track Ben and other of Mercs to capture him. Yes, no return, no retake, no nothing, just force Ben into exile as he was and screw who will take the leadership. He doesn't care.

Well, he get what he wants, Ben is exiled. Weird thing is that he continues to lead the Others, and can attack Widmore Lieutenants via Sayid. But he is OUT of the island and can't go back, even with the Others resources at his disposal.

Then, one day before he goes back, he calls Peanuts tell him he will kill his daughter as Peanuts got Alex killed, and brags that he is going back,to the shock of the millionaire. Kill Penny is a thing,but go back after exiled? Preposterous.

That brings me to the second island expedition, where Peanut HIMSELF is going,or better saying THROWING himself at. There is no interest in revenge against a man, he is simply doing something he is supposed to not do, and setting foot on island again. Just like Ben wasn't to do too.

That said, I can't get out of my mind the Others, as a group, simply fell apart outside of the island, as it did inside. Inside because of Unlocke's playings, outside because of Linus "betrayal".
I believe Widmore can have access to island routes simply because the others are no longer faithful enough to endure torture and murder as before. Hell, even to choose to stay silent I think they haven't faith anymore.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Peanut?  ???
I think once the O6 went back they corrected the island movement (not just in time) and he was able to find the island again.
After all he knew that Ms. Hawking had told them how to get back, I'm sure he could do something similar.

So now that "Peanut" is back, who's side is he on?

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Maybe this is the flash sideways Widmore showing up? His appearance seems so ominous. We have the MIB team over at the Hydra station and the "reluctant" Jacob team setting up camp on the beach. Just assuming that Widmore falls into the MIB camp, it could mean a confrontation for our beach losties. But maybe this is a "different" Widmore than we've seen...he could be the flash sideways version, and who knows how he will react?

I don't think I really believe in this theory - just wondering if the two "realities" are going to mesh somehow.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
When did they say the MIB group was at the Hydra station? And I don't think it is possible for someone from the X universe to come to the island in the crash universe. Just sayin...

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
When did they say the MIB group was at the Hydra station? And I don't think it is possible for someone from the X universe to come to the island in the crash universe. Just sayin...

when Flocke talked to Ben at the grave he was digging, and tried to convince him to run
he told Ben to meet him at teh other island, at the hydra station
he said he and his team would be there

Offline grizn0

• View Profile

when Flocke talked to Ben at the grave he was digging, and tried to convince him to run
he told Ben to meet him at teh other island, at the hydra station
he said he and his team would be there
Ah ok. I missed that I guess.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Here's what I thought:

Ben moved the Island (as part of MIB's long con, not actually orders from Jacob like Locke/Ben believed at the time).  Bloop -- Island disappears.  Then, Locke stopped the Island from moving -- the time-jumpers wound up in 1974, but did the Island wind up back in the same spot in 2004?  Richard told UnLocke he'd been gone for 3 years, right?  So the Island was somwhere from the standpoint of the people on the Island (Others, Claire).  If it's not in the same spot, then the "cloak" is gone because the Looking Glass has been blown up, right?  So Widmore can find the Island now because nothing is blocking its location other than it's "natural camouflage"?  Or did the Ajira crash cause a flash that indicated the current location of the Island?  (I'm confused.)

(BTW, did Rousseau's message ever get out to anyone?  It was blocked by the Looking Glass at some point, but didn't Mikhail blow up the station (Flame?) that was broadcasting the signal (Numbers/Rousseau's message).

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Rousseau Message's was broadcast by the radio tower, not the flame, that LOCKE (not Mikhail) blown.
Still Charlie Brown Widmore found the island for the SECOND time, since he sent the freighter, the difference is, contrary to the first crash, he is there IN PERSON.
And I can't forget all the rules, and exile stuff, Ben and Peanut said to each other in past seasons, and how they are breaking those more and more...

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
OK, let me try again:

I thought Penny's igloo people noticed an anomaly when Desmond turned the failsafe on the Swan.  That gave her (and presumably Widmore) a general location to search for the Island.

But I thought the Looking Glass was jamming the signal being broadcast by the radio tower (but presumably that didn't start until the Others took over the Dharma stations after the Purge (1992)).  Rousseau's message was running for 16 years (i.e., since 1988), so it was being sent out clear for 4 years before the Purge, right?  (But wouldn't Dharma have noticed that and done something about it?)

So, wherever the Island reappeared (in 2004?) after Locke stopped the Island from moving, the jamming would have been no more, but would it have taken an EM event like the crash of 316 in order to pinpoint its location?  (But then, if Eloise had all those calculations of when the Island would be where, why couldn't they have gone to it any time they wanted?)

I don't get why the Losties had to get on a special plane with a special passenger list to get flashed back to the Island when Widmore can just take a sub right to it (and the freighter could just pull up to it as well).