Author Topic: Damn, Richard!  (Read 10480 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Damn, Richard!
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »

Guys, this is just one more of those things that I have been talking about that you can't look too deeply into with this season. They aren't making it too difficult for us here. When Locke said to Richard that he was "glad to see him out of those chains", they weren't talking metaphorically. BUT, for the people that were still on the fence, they show us this episode with Richard, standing in the Black Rock, looking at the manicles/shackles/CHAINS, and he says that he came her on the ship, and hasn't been back since. I really don't think TPTB can make it any more clear.

BUT, obviously there is a really good chance I'm wrong. We will all find out in 2 weeks when we get the Richard episode. I really would like to give you, and everyone else, a little piece of advice though. This kind of over thinking is the stuff that is going to make the series finale feel unfulfilling. Once you start imagining all this stuff weaved into the bare facts they have given us, you make it way more built up then it has to be. And because it's all your own creation, it will never be addressed, and then you will be pissed. Trust me, I've done it to myself a million times.

Agreed, on all counts.    ;D
What? How dare you take the wind out of the fanfics sails!!! ;D

I say in jest....

I think I said what you said Bob, back in like S2....;D

Offline LovDom

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2010, 09:26:41 AM »
For a moment there I thought he was going to die. Just like all the other hot men on this series die. Leave us some eye-candy!  8)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
It still could be his metphoric chains

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2010, 02:30:11 AM »

from the look of Richard he seems pretty "attached" to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maZQb2aWF-I&feature=PlayList&p=3DABB1F997A838A4&index=21

you kind of feel for the guy. He's a great character and seems so good all along on the show...

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »

And everyman truly is an island. LOL

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
Well, it could have been a valid question a few seasons ago if one of the others just popped out of the woods as if by magic...OH SNAP!! IT DID!! Remember when Harper just appeared in the woods in S4E6 (The Other Woman)?? Now that was a genuine mystery. She's not there, whisperwhisperwhisper, she's there, whisperwhisperwhisper, she's not there. I would STILL like to know how that happened. Richard, not so much.

I'm pretty sure that in this scene, Harper was the MIB.  After whispers, she appears out of nowhere to deliver a message (allegedly from Ben) that Juliet is supposed to stop Charlotte and Daniel from completing their mission at the Tempest.  Harper said that the folks on the freighter were planning to kill everyone in the island with the nerve gas.  Funny thing about this situation is that during the time that Harper was supposedly under Ben's orders, Ben was being imprisoned by Locke downstairs in the Barracks  in the same room in which Locke's father was previously constrained. This is the same time that Miles asks for the $3.2 million.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »
Well, it could have been a valid question a few seasons ago if one of the others just popped out of the woods as if by magic...OH SNAP!! IT DID!! Remember when Harper just appeared in the woods in S4E6 (The Other Woman)?? Now that was a genuine mystery. She's not there, whisperwhisperwhisper, she's there, whisperwhisperwhisper, she's not there. I would STILL like to know how that happened. Richard, not so much.

I'm pretty sure that in this scene, Harper was the MIB.  After whispers, she appears out of nowhere to deliver a message (allegedly from Ben) that Juliet is supposed to stop Charlotte and Daniel from completing their mission at the Tempest.  Harper said that the folks on the freighter were planning to kill everyone in the island with the nerve gas.  Funny thing about this situation is that during the time that Harper was supposedly under Ben's orders, Ben was being imprisoned by Locke downstairs in the Barracks  in the same room in which Locke's father was previously constrained. This is the same time that Miles asks for the $3.2 million.

That is possible that Harper was the MIB, but I never associated the whispers with the smoke monster. Especially after the episode where we see Ben kidnap Alex. He tells her that if she wants to live, whenever she hears whispers in the jungle, to run the other way. That tells me they are directly associated with the Others because you can't really make a threat on someone else's behalf, because as we have seen, Smokey doesn't automatically kill whoever he comes in to contact with...just most of them. LOL

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
Harper is not dead - so she can't be MIB

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2010, 02:29:43 PM »
Harper is not dead - so she can't be MIB

You win.  hehe.  Just realized that it was indeed Harper (not dead), but that her orders were not from Ben as she claimed. Could her orders have been from the MIB (perhaps even appearing as someone else?  She says that although Ben is a prisoner, he is "exactly where he wants to be."  We keep hearing this phrase, usually associated with the MIB. 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2010, 03:24:33 PM »
Not that it's that important, but I was just wondering, how do we know she isn't dead??