2 (6.5%)
3 (9.7%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.2%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Episode 6x7 Rating  (Read 5737 times)

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x7 Rating
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 09:14:19 PM »
I'm officially done rating.  The 10 is too low of a number.  ;)
Aww Lakie, we HAVE to hear what you thought about this one!!!!!

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 03:30:33 AM »
I agree!  Your insight is always spot on.  And you always remind us of the joy of the show (no pun intended at all). 
ESB, I think the musical compositions are the most underrated aspect of the show.  Don't you?

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
I agree!  Your insight is always spot on.  And you always remind us of the joy of the show (no pun intended at all). 
ESB, I think the musical compositions are the most underrated aspect of the show.  Don't you?
The guy that does the music won an Oscar the other night!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 12:39:43 PM »
He did!  Michael Giacchino is a certified genius.  I didn't even know the music for Up was him - but I kept thinking through the whole movie that whoever had done the music was just a largehearted, brilliant musician.  When his name came up at the end I gasped.  Of course!  Who else?!  He totally deserved an Oscar for that score.  The only film composer I admire as much is Hans Zimmer, but he's so rich now he just quotes himself.  Giacchino is film lover -and his scores are his reaction to what he's seeing.  He is just the best.

I am so enthusiastic about this season I have to write an article.  Coming soon!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 09:39:25 AM »
Gave it an 8

Based on Richards 180 turn and Jack finally growing a pair and showing some of the islands abilities.
I am looking for some good twists and not predictable.

As for Ben - oh well, I will admit it was a good tale.  Though Alex happening to land up in the same school was far fetched (yes, believe it or not this was far fetched for me).  But I get why they are doing this and it was nice to know Ben found peace and was selfless in this version of his life. 
BUT his speech to Ilana well that was so classic Ben.  Oh poor me I gave my life to Jacob, the Island I don't have my daughter cause I made a choice, a selfish choice!
Come on,  I posted this in a thread, but he let Alex die cause he thought that Widmore and he had the rules played out.  He told Widmore he would now hunt down Penny and kill her!  The only reason he didn't cause little Charlie was there and in his own warped frustrated mind he cannot leave a child without a mother (my opinion not fact)

Ben is not a good person, he is good at being duplicitous and he is afraid because all he knew was changed and he had no clue.  But his momentary baptism of human kindness will be short lived.  Now with that said I would love to be proven wrong and see his direction flip, but there are to many people in the world that are like Ben and well.  :-\

I also gave this an 8 for the MIB appearances.  You get the sound and then here he comes to play the day.  Kind of like the swooshing sound that superman made before appearing on the scene.  Or the smoke that appears when the wicked witch disappears.  I love it cause you know something is going to happen!

And the way MIB was able to take the ankle cuff off Ben.  Just pure magical mystery.

Oh and I am not sure that anyone noted this anywhere, but I like it when we saw Jack and Hurley show up.  I noticed that Richard didn't embrace Ben and say hey dude nice to see you or thanks for killing our man you big moron.

Of course Hurley he is such a great character.  And some more answers for me

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »
Well said, LiL, as always.  I bought Ben's speech hook, line and sinker, but I do believe we still have to understand that he is still who he is.  He has made a lifetime of selfish choices, and he is paying for them now - we can hope that he will continue on a righteous path, but I would not guarantee it.

It was telling that when everyone arrived on the beach Ben was still very much alone.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 05:41:28 PM »
Well said, LiL, as always.  I bought Ben's speech hook, line and sinker, but I do believe we still have to understand that he is still who he is.  He has made a lifetime of selfish choices, and he is paying for them now - we can hope that he will continue on a righteous path, but I would not guarantee it.

It was telling that when everyone arrived on the beach Ben was still very much alone.

Thanks I just felt strongly about him and his abilities to rationallize his actions. ;)

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »

Thanks I just felt strongly about him and his abilities to rationallize his actions. ;)
Well he definitely is a master of that.

Remember when Jack asked Mrs Hawking "is he telling the truth" and she was like "probably not," that pretty much sums it up.  That said, I guess I take more of the humanist/Jacob approach, and I just refuse to give up on him.   ;)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 08:56:08 PM »

Well he definitely is a master of that.

Remember when Jack asked Mrs Hawking "is he telling the truth" and she was like "probably not," that pretty much sums it up.  That said, I guess I take more of the humanist/Jacob approach, and I just refuse to give up on him.   ;)

Oh you are the man  :-*

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 10:03:53 PM »

Best scene!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypkj298fnug

My brother and I had to stop the dvr for a minute to catch our breath and talk about it.
The only reason it wasn't a ten is b/c I think the flash sideways are getting too drawn out already, too much build up.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 10:08:01 PM »

Best scene!

My brother and I had to stop the dvr for a minute to catch our breath and talk about it.
The only reason it wasn't a ten is b/c I think the flash sideways are getting too drawn out already, too much build up.
I agree that is what made the show great for me.  I do agree with the sideways

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 10:09:32 PM »

Best scene!

Thanks LiL, we can always count on you.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 10:09:59 PM »

Best scene!

Yup, Jack pushed all his chips in and laid down his cards.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 10:16:31 PM »

Best scene!

Yup, Jack pushed all his chips in and laid down his cards.
[/quote
that is when they dropped and he finally became a man!  I had a moment where I thought Sawyer who?s