2 (6.5%)
3 (9.7%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.2%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Episode 6x7 Rating  (Read 6222 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Episode 6x7 Rating
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »
Give us your opinions and ratings for "Dr. Linus"

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x7 Rating
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:56:36 PM »
Ben didn't die and I got a few answers so I am happy....

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:27:15 AM »
Now that's what I am talking about!  This episode brought everything together.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:46:21 AM »
For a show that is already great, that was an amazing episode even in comparison to all of the episodes that preceded it.  And what's best is that it proved that there doesn't have to be major reveals and plot changes to be great... sometimes perfectly nuanced storytelling can do just as much if not more.

One interesting thing to me is that the episode crystallized in my mind what the flash sideways are all about.  In my humble opinion, they are not what would happen if MiB granted your wishes or what would have happened if Jacob never touched the Losties.  It's about redemption.  One of the overarching themes throughout the show.  I'm not sure how and when they'll be tied back to the island timeline, but each person is going to go through their own version of redemption before it happens.

Well done, crew!  My first full-baked "10" of the year.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 05:47:56 AM »
I gave it a 10. This episode had everything but Sawyer nicknames.
Great Hurley humor, stubborn Jack becomes a man of Faith, Ben is does the right thing in the Alt and on the island, we find out why Frank wasn't on 815, and the return of Widmore. We also get to find out a little more about Richard and why he doesn't age.

This episode is so far above the other episodes, it's like it was a different show.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 09:39:27 AM »
I gave this an easy 10  :o I don't know where to start, well yeah I do:
1. Michael Emerson-bravo, best episode of Lost you have done so far! Ben's redemption was a long time coming and I was so glad to see it. I can't rave enough about his acting and the direction they took Ben in this episode.
2. Jack-way to grow a pair. I am not sure if it's time to start calling him "man of faith" though. Maybe he just tired of having his strings pulled and wants some answers.
3. Awesome writing!!!!! The storytelling is finally back to the way I like it. You got some drama, comedy(miles, lapidus, and hurley were great), and suprises with each segment.
4. I am not a fan of the flash sideways stoytelling, but I actually liked this one. Seeing Ben make the right decision for once was great. He was making up for Alex dying without even knowing about it :)
5.I think now we are finally set up for the "war". We have our two sides on two different islands(oddly enough), then they throw Widmore in there.
I was blown away! I hope they keep this up. Thought it was amazing!!!

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 10:35:43 AM »
I rate this episode a perfect 10. This is why I watch this show.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 12:12:18 PM »

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
 I gave it a 10 not all my questions were answered (see ladybug's thread on my incomplete list. One I left off were the whispers.) Yet the Sideways thing was actually interesting for a change, Locke giving Ben an idea to pursue power. Ben's redemption on the island and in sideways. 
I finally got to learn more about Richard, wow this Jacob guy is tough with his gifts, taking people away from their children, making some one live forever...... actor Terry O'Quinns  comments last week about lines of good and evil being blurred are more and more true.

Now the big question is what side is Widmore fighting on? He predicted this war to the real Locke way back when, said wrong side is winning.........
Hmmm next thing you know Desmond may show up.

Excellent episode.
Kudos to Michael Emerson.

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:28:06 PM »
My favorite episode , by far, all season. My favorite part was the interactions between  Jack and Richard at the Black Rock.  Gave us a hint as to why Richard does not age and the power of being"chosen".  I also loved the Ben/ Alex sideways interaction. And of course it was wonderful to have another heartfelt connection between our two factions coming back together. There were many such touching moments. during these many years..the raft leaving,
the tailies meeting up with the other Oceanic  Losties,  Hurley bringing  food to everyone, etc.
So thank you writers for a wonderful episode!  Who anticipated it ending with
Widmore showing up?  I expected it was he  who was coming to the island but I somehow did not expect it to be by sub. 

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
I absolutely loved this episode, a 10 and one of my all-time favorites.

- The scene with Ben's speech to Ilana had my eyes welling up.  Michael Emerson nailed it, and Ilana was wonderful too.  I thought for sure he was going to run off with Locke because "he's the only one who will have me," but she forgave him and was willing to accept him.
- This was the best Flash Sideways yet - I totally bought into the mirror image with the Island story, and seeing Ben choose Alex over himself this time was so redeeming.  It was neat how we still saw his desire for power, but he made the right choice.
- I've always thought for years that Ben's lying and manipulating would come back to bite him in the end, and that's what we saw - he had burned every bridge he had, and as we saw in the final scene he was very much alone.  But he had a choice, and rather than be selfish, he did the right thing.
- Richard losing faith in Jacob and asking Jack to kill him was his most honest moment we've seen, and it further muddied our thoughts about Jacob.  We can add Richard to our long list of suicidal characters.  And how about Jack tempting fate and his faith by sitting there with Richard?  What I love about this version of Jack is that he acts like he's got nothing to lose.
- The music was just wonderful.  I love Ben's theme, and Michael Giacchino's variations of it for this episode were beautiful.  The final scene with Jack and Hurley returning to the beach reminded me of Jack's return from New Otherton in Season 3, And they set the scene to "There's No Place Like Home" theme, which is one LOST's most moving.

My wife thinks the reason I loved this episode is that I'm in love with Michael Emerson.  After last night's performance, I think she's right.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 01:44:43 AM »
I gave it an 8.  I love Ben.  I am so glad that he got his redeption, and I maintain that he is still one of the creepiest characters on the show.

Anyway, this episode was pretty moving, I thought.  I really enjoyed Ilana's and Ben's interactions, as well as Flocke's and Ben's interactions.  They were great.  Seriously, great.

Not so moved by Jack and Richard, but that was a good scene at the Black Rock, and I really appreciate Hurley and his cheese curds.

I love how it ended with the Widmore sub.  Awesome.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »
As per my new voting, I'm giving this episode a 9. I don't think it was quite as good as last week's, personally. Probably cause there wasn't any Claire. The other major reason this doesn't quite reach a ten is the conversation between Richard and Jack (although I liked it to some extent) seemed out of character for both Alpert and Shepherd. We got an answer out of the conversation, but it still felt a little forced, and I didn't like suicidal Alpert at all. Also, after spending months on the island, they get so easily disoriented that they don't know they're in the Territoire Fonce until they reach the Black Rock? Seems a little weird.

On the plus side, Jack was actually acting. I mean, he actually did a decent job. I have hope for the end of the series now, when (if my theory is correct) Jack assumes the role of Jacob, although I still predict he's going to cry a few more times this season. The side-flash was excellent and tied into Locke's side-flash... which is one of the first tie-ins we've had that show that everyone's alternate reality is in the same timeline, not counting Episode 3. Ben's lines in the side-flash were perfect, and he had a chance to do good in both the X and island timelines, choosing (presumably) the right choice in both. Excellent character development for Ben and Inara, telling us some of why she's actually there (which I confess, I was a bit fuzzy on).

The Widmore sub thing was something I was NOT expecting in the least. I didn't think Widmore and Jacob were on the same side, and Jacob stated that someone was coming to the island, making me think that Jacob was bringing Widmore. It's going to add a new dynamic, hopefully not a Keamy-like dynamic.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 12:42:16 PM »
I'm officially done rating.  The 10 is too low of a number.  ;)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:22:21 PM »
As per my new voting, I'm giving this episode a 9. I don't think it was quite as good as last week's, personally. Probably cause there wasn't any Claire. The other major reason this doesn't quite reach a ten is the conversation between Richard and Jack (although I liked it to some extent) seemed out of character for both Alpert and Shepherd. We got an answer out of the conversation, but it still felt a little forced, and I didn't like suicidal Alpert at all. Also, after spending months on the island, they get so easily disoriented that they don't know they're in the Territoire Fonce until they reach the Black Rock? Seems a little weird.

On the plus side, Jack was actually acting. I mean, he actually did a decent job. I have hope for the end of the series now, when (if my theory is correct) Jack assumes the role of Jacob, although I still predict he's going to cry a few more times this season. The side-flash was excellent and tied into Locke's side-flash... which is one of the first tie-ins we've had that show that everyone's alternate reality is in the same timeline, not counting Episode 3. Ben's lines in the side-flash were perfect, and he had a chance to do good in both the X and island timelines, choosing (presumably) the right choice in both. Excellent character development for Ben and Inara, telling us some of why she's actually there (which I confess, I was a bit fuzzy on).

The Widmore sub thing was something I was NOT expecting in the least. I didn't think Widmore and Jacob were on the same side, and Jacob stated that someone was coming to the island, making me think that Jacob was bringing Widmore. It's going to add a new dynamic, hopefully not a Keamy-like dynamic.

Yes Matthew Fox actually acted for a change.  Did Jacob send for Widmore? or does he just know when some one is coming., have no clue what side Widmore is on. Just know he hates Ben and the Others for kicking him off the island by Jacob's orders hmmmmmmmm