Author Topic: Widmore Found The Island!  (Read 6194 times)

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Widmore Found The Island!
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:03:37 PM »
No real discussion here. Just thought it was AWESOME that he found the island. I wonder how... Hawking?

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Widmore Found The Island!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:06:53 PM »
How about Charlie turned off the jamming device and Widmore used the Lampost? Since he was in a sub, and that is how Dharma used to go to the island.

Now is Widmore on Jacob's side, MIB's side or his own/third party's side?

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:02 PM »
I think he's on target to do something very bad on or to the island

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:02 PM »
How about Charlie turned off the jamming device and Widmore used the Lampost? Since he was in a sub, and that is how Dharma used to go to the island.

Also something I was wondering... who's side is he on? I found it VERY interesting that the "pop up lost" reminded us that Widmore told Locke that "there's a war coming" and if Locke isnt on the island, then the wrong side will win. Does he mean Team Jacob will win? or that the MIB will win if Locke isnt alive?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
If Christian was MIB when he was talking to Locke

Locke pushed the wheel and Widmore was there waiting for him...why was that?

Why is his henchman named Abaddon?

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 11:22:58 PM »
this was a great way to end the episode....throw something at us we didn't expect(well I didn't)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
I said in another thread  before I saw this one,
What timeline is Widmore coming from?
I hate trying to explain parrallel universes and such since I don't fully understand them myselfso I hope this makes sense.

Widmore has come from the sideways timeline, there is not technically 2 timelines, we see what is happening on the island and the players have their memories of what they did in the past i.e crashing in 2004, coming back to dharmatimes, etc.. but everything changed after the detonation and the past never actually happened. Since they were on the island at the time of detonation this is what they are now experiencing, like they were locked in a timeline.  But what if, since Ben and his dad were on the island at somepoint we know the sunken island existed till at least a few years after Ben was born, Widmore would have most likely been there before also and has now made hsi way back.

I cant seem to textualize my thoughts here so I apologize if this seems like rambling.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »
I know Jacob had Jack go to the lighthouse to see the mirror and realize he was there on the island for a reason but Jacob also did say someone was coming--did he mean Widmore?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 11:50:47 PM »
The ending came off incredibly cheesy to me.  It reminded me of something, but I can't think of what.  There was just a certain amount of ridiculousness even for LOST.

Offline imcrazy0088

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 12:12:05 AM »
The ending came off incredibly cheesy to me.  It reminded me of something, but I can't think of what.  There was just a certain amount of ridiculousness even for LOST.

agreed

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 12:27:44 AM »
I was reminded of playing in the bathtub as a kid, lol... that sub shot was on par with the island under water shots... cheesy!
agreed

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 12:31:08 AM »
I actually thought the underwater island looked fine.  The Dharma sub evacuating the island on the other hand...

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 12:31:28 AM »

Also something I was wondering... who's side is he on? I found it VERY interesting that the "pop up lost" reminded us that Widmore told Locke that "there's a war coming" and if Locke isnt on the island, then the wrong side will win. Does he mean Team Jacob will win? or that the MIB will win if Locke isnt alive?
I was wondering the same thing.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 12:55:41 AM »
I said in another thread  before I saw this one,
What timeline is Widmore coming from?
I hate trying to explain parrallel universes and such since I don't fully understand them myselfso I hope this makes sense.

Widmore has come from the sideways timeline, there is not technically 2 timelines, we see what is happening on the island and the players have their memories of what they did in the past i.e crashing in 2004, coming back to dharmatimes, etc.. but everything changed after the detonation and the past never actually happened. Since they were on the island at the time of detonation this is what they are now experiencing, like they were locked in a timeline.  But what if, since Ben and his dad were on the island at somepoint we know the sunken island existed till at least a few years after Ben was born, Widmore would have most likely been there before also and has now made hsi way back.

I cant seem to textualize my thoughts here so I apologize if this seems like rambling.

That's not really how it works it would have to be the Widmore from the crash timeline. The Widmore from timeline X can onlt go to the spot of water over the island that is in his timeline.

Offline Astriastar

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 02:19:12 AM »

I got the impression that Widmore was aligned with MIB, and thus Jacob's side would be the wrong side.  It's all about perspective.  Widmore was against Ben and Ben was allied with Jacob.  I'm still not sure which side is "evil" or "good".  I think each side thinks they are the good one and the other is evil by default because they are adversaries.