Author Topic: Screencap Requests!  (Read 4220 times)

Offline spencer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Screencap Requests!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 02:51:31 PM »
How about a close-up of the homework that Arzdt was grading?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »

2201-labroom-arzt-poster
Huh!  Crazy thing about this... remember when we were all looking for the meanings of the character's names?  I was trying to figure out "Ben Linus" and came across this guy, Carl Linnaeus, who is written on the chalkboard behind Artz!  Linnaeus was a scientist who basically laid the groundwork for how we categorize into genus, species, kindgom, etc.  Remember Artz saying "what's so hard about telling the difference between a genus and a species!" (or something to that effect.)  Anyhow, Linnaeus was pretty tight with (hold on to your hats!) the philosopher Rousseau.  Funny the things you find out have no meaning and then end up on the show anyways!  Plus, I like the poster in the background, a nod to the butterfly effect?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »

2201-labroom-arzt-poster
Huh!  Crazy thing about this... remember when we were all looking for the meanings of the character's names?  I was trying to figure out "Ben Linus" and came across this guy, Carl Linnaeus, who is written on the chalkboard behind Artz!  Linnaeus was a scientist who basically laid the groundwork for how we categorize into genus, species, kindgom, etc.  Remember Artz saying "what's so hard about telling the difference between a genus and a species!" (or something to that effect.)  Anyhow, Linnaeus was pretty tight with (hold on to your hats!) the philosopher Rousseau.  Funny the things you find out have no meaning and then end up on the show anyways!  Plus, I like the poster in the background, a nod to the butterfly effect?

WoW! Excellent find! I love that it ties in with a philosopher. ;-)

And the butterflies?  Yes! I love studying the details in the background of a scene. I do think the butterflies are a subtle nod to the butterfly effect.

I was interested in the poster. This poster in the upper right (I think) has, "something drawing nourishment from stem of something".

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »

2059-labroom-arzt-poster

2100-labroom-arzt-classroom

2106-labroom-arzt-ben-poster

2157-labroom-arzt-plants1

2200-labroom-arzt-chalkboard1

2059-labroom-arzt-zoom-sharpened

Looking back through the scene I notice that the plant rack in Arzt's lab is similar to Dogen's plant growing efforts.

Another poster on the wall is about DNA, the last line (I believe) says, "Each side then becomes a template for the formation of a new complimentary side".

Or perhaps I am seeing things now. lol, there's not enough detail to make it out positively, to be sure.

I get this for the full wording from the DNA poster, admittedly a best guess scenario. Squinting helps. lol

One side of DNA is complimentary
to the other side. (The sides have
interlocking pairs) This allows the DNA
to split where the two become something.
Each side then becomes a template
for the formation of a new
complimentary side.

Subtext? It's in there too.  ;D

the line, "to split where the two become xxxx" could be, "to split where the two xxxxx meet".  To call it illegible would be... I dunno, ironic?  :D

couple more shots, hoping the comparison might help decipher

2057-labroom-arzt-poster

2057-labroom-arzt-poster-zoom-enhance

2201-labroom-arzt-poster-zoom-enhance

Now that I'm suspecting the posters are Lost props and not from a science supply store, I notice the cell above has a somewhat six-sided Dharma logo shape. Props to the Lost props department.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:17:41 PM by ericd543 »

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
Oh, and Ben's tie has a pattern where one bit looks like the number 6, which is what caught my eye when doing screencaps. I like to imagine Michael Emerson talking with a Lost wardrobe person, they're choosing a tie and he says, "Oh look, let's use this one, it has a yin-yang pattern in it. I wonder if anyone will notice that?"

Q: Is that the number 6 in the tie?

A: No. Just an interesting pattern...

with yin-yang thingies and stuff that looks like cells.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:19:24 PM by ericd543 »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »
 ;) That is paisley print on his tie!  Quite the staple of eccentric professors, just as much as the sweater vest and tweed coat!  These screen caps really made me miss science class!

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »
;) That is paisley print on his tie!  Quite the staple of eccentric professors, just as much as the sweater vest and tweed coat!  These screen caps really made me miss science class!

I miss science class too. :)  I know the evidence for my DNA poster theory is open to debate. It will probably never be proven one way or the other, which is something I am comfortable with. Once thing I remember from studying science tho is that the interesting stuff happens at the fringe of knowledge.

I think your observation of Linus > Linnaeus > Rousseau is a much more solid discovery.  :)