Author Topic: Could the MIB be the "MAGIC BOX"?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Could the MIB be the "MAGIC BOX"?
« on: March 09, 2010, 02:21:35 PM »
Could MIB be the "MAGIC BOX" Ben was referring to in his conversations with Locke?
MIB used the same line that Ben did "What if you could have anything you wish for.......or something like that. Is it possible that Ben has been working for the MIB all this time and thought he was Jacob?
Remember, Ben said he had never seen Jacob.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Could the MIB be the "MAGIC BOX"?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »
Ben working for MIB and calling it Jacob to keep Richard and the Others' alliance sounds spot on to me.  I mean SPOT ON.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
I don't know. It seems like there would be way too many ways for Ben to realize that the person he's been calling Jacob isn't Jacob. Unless what you're saying is that Ben knew he wasn't Jacob and just told everyone that Jacob was talking to him. If that's what you're saying, then I have to completely disagree. I think the one thing that Ben has always been honest about is his devotion to Jacob.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
I agree, Ben wasn't pretending to be pissed at Jacob when he stabbed him.  He really felt betrayed after all the years of loyalty.  I will admit that he could have been tricked by MIB at some point in time.  Maybe that's why 'Linus' was crossed off the list, he was too easily led astray.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
Bob, your point is well taken.  Ben really believed he was a Jacob follower.  Misguided perhaps, but you're right.  And I think with lostfan a line was crossed - and we probably saw it - when Ben killed Jacob.  Yeah, he probably wasn't fooling anybody about who Jacob was.  There is just something about the long term lie that seems right when you consider all Ben's plotting.  But probably not.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »
solost, I think you're on to something. This would line up with the theories floating around that Jacob was not in "Jacob's cabin" when Ben was visiting. Perhaps it was MIB all along, but Ben thought it was Jacob.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »
I still have the "Ben is good" theory in the back of my mind, and this theory kinda contradicts that, so I have to say I disagree as well. Good theorizing though! I can't really back anything up to dispute your theory other than what these fine folks have said about Ben appearing to genuinely want to follow Jacob.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 09:34:41 PM »
Yeah, I think there's a general consensus that Ben has been blindly obeying the wrong island god.  MIB pulled a fast one on living Ben and dead Locke.  Creep.