Author Topic: My Jacob and MiB theory  (Read 5221 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: My Jacob and MiB theory
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 11:24:48 PM »
I think we will see her again in a flash sideways...it's getting to the point, I think, they are going to start crossing paths more often, I guess they kinda have to for the show sake, and just the idea that you cant change certain things, which they have shown, their meetings and interactions are just meant to be...TPTB have mentions a convergence, not sure what that means, but maybe the characters will interact more as the show gets closer to the end...so yes, I'd like to see what happens or is happening to Kate...I know in teh What Kate Does thread, there was mention of a set up, good theory I think...

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 01:23:16 AM »
I think my theory is shaping up nicely!!!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »
yes yes...playing out perfectly! *Mr Burns voice*

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 10:38:37 PM »
Who was it that came right out & said that they seemed to have everything they wanted?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 11:31:49 PM »
Who was it that came right out & said that they seemed to have everything they wanted?
?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 11:35:38 PM »
it seems as the sideways goes on, and as the original Losties realize Flocke isn't the way, the more the sideways starts changing....

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 11:35:49 PM »
Figured I'd post it here...i called it...Locke wanted them all dead...not from this thread, but its part of another thread...yay me!!!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 11:40:02 PM »
Figured I'd post it here...i called it...Locke wanted them all dead...not from this thread, but its part of another thread...yay me!!!

I've been calling that too. Ever since the many back and forths with OPG.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 11:49:56 PM »

I've been calling that too. Ever since the many back and forths with OPG.
Yup I need to find which earlier episode I put it in...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 12:23:45 AM »
The island is underwater in '04, and inhabited in '07. Go.

Um, I don't mean to speak for opgelost, but I think (THINK!), that maybe, we are dealing with two different timelines?
Just a hunch.

And BTW, I'm with you opgelost, at least in the sense that the original destiny is the one without Jacob's influence, and the one that MIB wanted to preserve, whereas Jacob's will is obviously the LOST timeline. Is it a coincidence that the MIB's preferred timeline is the one where David exists? That remains to be seen, but it's pretty shortsighted to ignore that odd connection.

Right. 2 different Timelines. In my theory I say Dimensions, in his he says Timelines. I am failing to see where an endgame falls into place here. MiB wants to go home. Where is that in this timeline? How does he achieve that from killing off the candidates as he appears wot to do? Also what makes David head back in time to the island to become MiB....in about 20 years? All of these things still need explaining in the remainder of these 12 Episodes. Unique Swing at things, but I feel this one is a miss. I don't necessarily disagree at the objectives of MiB (New Dimension) or Jacob (LOST dimension), just feel that no chance David is MiB. They would have a hell of alot of character development to get David to the point where he becomes MiB.

Wrote it after Lighthouse. Leader in the clubhouse for "MiB wants to kill the candidates pool"

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:13 AM »
Oh mine was after but alittle more specific...

Locke is trying really hard to get everyone on the plane...why? Richard wants to stop them now...Locke can't leave as long as Jacob is alive, Jacob is dead but one of the losties is a candidate, one of them is alive and stopping Locke from leaving. I think Locke wants to ge the losties on the plane and crash it...killing all them and whoever is the new  Jacob.....therefore releasing Locke from the island...
;D

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »
With all the hubbub about what the island is, what is being kept in, what will happen if Mib leaves or stays is he evil, yada yada....I'm thinking what is Mib...is he still Jacobs brother, or does he just have Jacobs brothers memories...like Locke, Mib said he remembered what Locke was thinking just before he died...does MiB keep these memories and like the smoke, has no substance, no soul....So now, Mib is the man or being of science, and Jacob (if he passes it to Jack) the man of faith...the old switch-a-roo....

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »
Just thinking.... Two sides, one light, one dark... The light in the cave, smokey may be the dark to its light... Jacob's momma says that the light is in everyone... so is the dark in everyone?... is smokey just an accumulation of everyone's dark side?... did smokey exist before Jacob and his brother?... Was Claudia smokey in disguise?... I'm thinking that Jacob's brother died when he went into the light and became a part of what we call smokey. I'm thinking that the darkness has been trying to escape the island since before Jacob and his brother came along.... just sayin' :-)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 01:19:15 AM »
Just thinking.... Two sides, one light, one dark... The light in the cave, smokey may be the dark to its light... Jacob's momma says that the light is in everyone... so is the dark in everyone?... is smokey just an accumulation of everyone's dark side?... did smokey exist before Jacob and his brother?... Was Claudia smokey in disguise?... I'm thinking that Jacob's brother died when he went into the light and became a part of what we call smokey. I'm thinking that the darkness has been trying to escape the island since before Jacob and his brother came along.... just sayin' :-)

Yeah I disagree with this here. I don't think Claudia was the Smoke at all. And as far as the Light Pool goes, we know two things about interaction with it.

1: If you enter, what awaits is a fate WORSE than death. Not a fate OF death

2: Jacob and MiB can't kill each other.

So MiB dying during this exchange violates both of these parameters.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 10:16:47 AM »
So, the more I think about "Across The Sea", the more I think that none of the characters truly understands what is going on.

The Losties barely have an idea that Jacob and MiB are superhuman entities, but Jacob only cryptically gives guidance to Hurley and MiB is outright lying, telling each individual whatever they want to hear.

The Others were under the leadership of Ben, who never even spoke to Jacob.  They didn't understand anything beyond "protect the Island" and interpreted that from their own corrupt perspective.  (Steal babies; terrorize and murder the ones who don't matter -- no problem, "We're the Good People.")

Richard never even knew Jacob was looking for candidates for his replacement.  He just blindly followed his boss' orders, believing it was all for the greater good.  But he spent years believing John Locke was special and wound up being duped into playing a pivotal role in his own boss' murder.

Now we see Jacob was just another man who got roped into being the Island's protector, but "the Island is a cork holding evil in its place" seems to be his own personal spin on the supernatural events he's witnessed.  We certainly didn't see any "proof" in "Across The Sea" that's actually what's going on.

MiB now seems like a man who was turned into a Smoke Monster because his brother threw him into the Cave of Light.  Sure, that spat out his original human husk -- "The Devil stole my body" -- and gave him some supernatural powers, but his persona still thinks of himself as a man who just wants to get back to "home" to his people -- even though the Romans of Claudia's time are long gone.  If he secretly wants something beyond that, we weren't shown that, either.  Does he even know what will really happen if he does kill all the candidates and escape?  If so, we haven't been shown it.

At this point, the overall theme of this show is that Man is superstitious and invents magical meaning and purpose for the events he experiences that he doesn't fully understand; but if you pull back, everyone seems to be operating on false assumptions they've invented for themselves.

If Jacob and MiB are all-knowing, that's the opposite of what they just showed us.

If Eloise and Charles are all-knowing, they haven't shown us that, either.  And, at this point, it would be in complete opposition to the one consistent theme TPTB seem to be going for.