Author Topic: Why was Sayid going to Toronto?  (Read 1036 times)

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Why was Sayid going to Toronto?
« on: March 03, 2010, 03:43:32 PM »
In the Alternate timeline, Sayid says he's going to Toronto to work.

The only other Toronto reference I can find is when Sawyer is pulling a con on Jess ("Confidence Man" s1e08) and says he has an investor in Toronto, but this could have just been a story since he's conning Jess.

Do we have any other information to help us know why Sayid would be going to Toronto to work?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Why was Sayid going to Toronto?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
Sayid had said that he was working as a translator for oil companies.  Maybe he's negotiating up north?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »

The only other Toronto reference I can find is when Sawyer is pulling a con on Jess ("Confidence Man" s1e08) and says he has an investor in Toronto, but this could have just been a story since he's conning Jess.

Do we have any other information to help us know why Sayid would be going to Toronto to work?

Because that's where his boss told him to go. I wouldn't worry about this one too much Zeke. It seems to me that all of the off-island timeline stuff is pretty straight forward. What you see is what you get.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 03:59:37 PM »
To see a Maple Leafs game and visit the Hockey Hall of Fame.  Beginning of October means the beginning of hockey season and Toronto is the Mecca of hockey!  ;D

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 06:17:20 PM »

Because that's where his boss told him to go. I wouldn't worry about this one too much Zeke. It seems to me that all of the off-island timeline stuff is pretty straight forward. What you see is what you get.
Bingo.  I agree.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »

Bingo.  I agree.

Every now and then we agree Bri. The other times we don't, you're wrong. LOL

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »
He's doing the job of Lennon in real life: translating ...