Author Topic: Sup, Claire?  (Read 1711 times)

Offline shadow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Sup, Claire?
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:53:43 AM »
Kate: "OMG. Claire, is that you? How's the weather down in that hole? It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again. Ha! Just kidding. Anywho, I'm gonna stand up here and blather on and on and on about Aaron and how I raised him and all that. I'll cover everything: learning to walk, the dirty diapers, the birthday parties.... pretty much everything EXCEPT telling you that he is OK and he is with your mother now. That's not important, is it? TTYL."

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Sup, Claire?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »
yeah i kept waiting on her to tell her that her mother was alive! That might have snapped Claire out of her wackiness and make her want to shower!

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »
LOL

I kept wondering if there are outtakes of Evie saying PUT THE LOTION IN THE BASKET during that scene

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:46:25 PM »
Kate: "OMG. Claire, is that you? How's the weather down in that hole? It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again. Ha! Just kidding. Anywho, I'm gonna stand up here and blather on and on and on about Aaron and how I raised him and all that. I'll cover everything: learning to walk, the dirty diapers, the birthday parties.... pretty much everything EXCEPT telling you that he is OK and he is with your mother now. That's not important, is it? TTYL."
LOL  I totally agree, & I love your take on it. ;) ;D

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:22:58 PM »
Spot on! Why didnt she tell Claire that Aaron's with his grandmother, safe and sound! 'I raised him'... good for you Kate, and I loved the look Locke gave her as she came out of the Temple with Claire and Sayid..... like 'are you kidding me?!'.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »
I found Kate's little monologue extremely bizarre, as well...  She seemed so disingenuous...  It was rather poor writing and poor acting :(

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 07:35:54 PM »
Think it was more out of design, Claire said that if Kate had Aaron she would kill her. Im thinking when the time comes for Kate to be exterminated by Claire she will use the 'your mother has him' line as a get out of jail card.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
She was dragged away in the middle of her talking to Claire.
You can't start the conversation with your mom has Aaron. How would the mom have Aaron, is mom on the island? How did Aaron get to the mom?

Kate started at the beggining, told Claire how great Aaron is doing and was dragged away. Nothing weird to me there.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »
Well, she has ample time to tell Claire now but this is going to be a twist cause Locke will not like that

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »
I found Kate's little monologue extremely bizarre, as well...  She seemed so disingenuous...  It was rather poor writing and poor acting :(

i disagree.. she said exactly what a normal person would say. the fact that claire is going to be mad at kate for taking care of the baby that she abandoned is pretty ****ty, imo

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »

i disagree.. she said exactly what a normal person would say. the fact that claire is going to be mad at kate for taking care of the baby that she abandoned is pretty ****ty, imo

But Claire doesn't think she abandoned Aaron; she thinks Aaron was taken.  (Why I don't know...)

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »
I'd like to disagree, I think any parent who has a missing child would first and foremost want to know where they are, not how they are doing or what food they like, what color hair they have, first and foremost where is he.....
The look on Claire's face was enough for me to think 'why dont you tell Claire where Aaron is', maybe just as strange the fact Claire didnt ask 'where is he now?'.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 08:44:52 PM »

But Claire doesn't think she abandoned Aaron; she thinks Aaron was taken.  (Why I don't know...)

Because MIB told her so and so did Christian and personally I think they are one in the same

Offline anotedscientist

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 08:58:07 PM »
my karma hit your dogma is a thomas dolby song, thief!!!